Page 281 of 772 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    just wanted to highlight this because the magnitude of Storm’s power is really insane.

Being able to manipulate Cosmic Winds is no joke! That galactic core feat is heavily underrated outside of Storm’s fanon community and we need to be bringing that up more because I never see it being talked about in Storm’s powerset by X-Office, youtube videos, or vs battles enough. There are still people who think her powers don’t work in space because it’s not “weather” that is one the dumbest things I’ve ever heard. So her mutation and energy sight is just supposed to turn off just because she leaves a planetary atmosphere? Hell No!. She’s OMEGA LEVEL. As I said before Storm’s power emanates from her, she doesn’t need any source to power her up. She sees and feels the elements of nature as patterns of force and energy that are hers to command. She’s already shown she can manipulate cosmic winds which are made up of plasma. Well guess what? 99.9% of the observable universe is made up plasma, which means she can manipulate the universe. Her feats on earth are just a small speck of her true power. He target doesn’t need to be within her line of sight either as we have seen she has struck down a ship thousands of miles a way by perceiving it the atmosphere. I also really love this scan. It really explains how her powers are more than merely planetary.

"More goddess than mutant ".

Period.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I love me some red sonja. I didn't know there was art with these two ladies together. I was just thinking last night how a matchup between them would go lol

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. I so wanted Ewing to have a chance to write her too. If they are not looking to expand her usage of abilities in the cosmos I personally don't care to see it but if this is a path to broaden her impact within the mu im for it.

2. excellent point about the more prominent books being led primarily by white men or women. its packaged differently yes but its the same energy the xoffices have been given for quite a while. I still think its a huge slap in the face for a character like bishop to be taking orders from kitty and or Emma considering his resume. he definitely should be calling a lot more shots than he has been.
    I think Ewing would do great things with Storm. Not only is there more room to explore Storm's powers in a space setting, but there's also the chance to see her deal with larger threats that test her heart and soul. I'd also want to see how her dynamic with Brand is different from Magneto's.

Yea and to be clear I don't think all of the books I mentioned are bad. Hellions is great and I like X-Force even though there's no prominent POC characters lol. SWORD is one of my favorite books right now. But let's not act like there's been some seismic shift in how the writers have constructed the current X-Men status quo in terms of diversity. It's still white men at the undisputed top when it comes to narrative and just a bunch of white women and handful of white gay characters thrown in to spruce things up.

I'm not complaining too much because these are mostly white creators making comics for an audience that's mostly white, I accept this as a fan. But don't insult my intelligence by hyping up your diverse lineups or "big plans" for a non-white character when it's not supported with a history of relevant story influence or consistent focus. That said I trust Hickman but I'm fully prepared for Storm's story to just be whatever she does in Planet-Size.
    Last edited by chief12d; 05-20-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I think Ewing would do great things with Storm. Not only is there more room to explore Storm's powers in a space setting, but there's also the chance to see her deal with larger threats that test her heart and soul. I'd also want to see how her dynamic with Brand is different from Magneto's.

Yea and to be clear I don't think all of the books I mentioned are bad. Hellions is great and I like X-Force even though there's no prominent POC characters lol. SWORD is one of my favorite books right now. But let's not act like there's been some seismic shift in how the writers have constructed the current X-Men status quo in terms of diversity. It's still white men at the undisputed top when it comes to narrative and just a bunch of white women and handful of white gay characters thrown in to spruce things up.

I'm not complaining too much because these are mostly white creators making comics for an audience that's mostly white, I accept this as a fan of most major comic franchises. But don't insult my intelligence by hyping up your diversity or "big plans" for a non-white character when it's not supplemented with a history of genuine story influence or consistent focus. That said I trust Hickman but I'm fully prepared for Storm's story to just be whatever she does in Planet-Size.
    1. agreed with all your points here.

2. I think the books have been good but to point out the truth that white characters are still paving the direction as it pertains to the xbooks is simply just the truth. if the big plans were just this giant size issue child.... I dont even want to think about it lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

1. agreed with all your points here.

2. I think the books have been good but to point out the truth that white characters are still paving the direction as it pertains to the xbooks is simply just the truth. if the big plans were just this giant size issue child.... I dont even want to think about it lol.
    Yeah, can't agree more. If they only have those plans for her, I would be ultimately disappointed, because I was expecting at least a solo in Space for her.

Fantastic Member

yes that is correct in 1976 Woweekazowie did an article where it was presented she was possibly more powerful than thor. why people see it differently today is simply thor has never been boxed in when it comes to his powers while most xwriters were trying to do the complete opposite with storm. that is until Coates came along.

thanks for this. I just would like to put it out there if characters like Spiderman and Wolverine can be featured in books outside their main offices and it not diminish them in any way, I don't see how that would be the case with storm appearing in BP. the onus is on the xwriters to develop her, while any other stories should be supplemental. I think it was harder to point out any substantive storm stories because the xwriters were not doing anything with her frankly until Coates took an interest in her.
    I think the cases of Wolverine and Spiderman are different though. They both have their own books and series to develop their characters and histories. They are also featured in multiple big events around the Marvel Universe, so it's already ingrained and a given that they are important figures. Even if the X Offices did nothing with Wolverine, he would still have his own book to continue to develop him substantially. Storm is not given that same treatment despite being arguably as iconic and important to the marvel brand. The biggest issue with the BP ship off was that Storm was instantly ripped from the XBooks. (I do believe that whatever happened behind the scenes it stripped the X Offices of the ability to use Storm in certain ways. Many have alluded to this). And without a solo book, she wallowed initially as just a feature in BP books and wallpaper in XMen.

all of this is fair but it should be applied to storm too. she's an a-list character that is rarely given the alist treatment. that should stop.
    This is the major point I'm making. This is a failure of Marvel not just individual writers. Storm should have had a solo eons ago and it should've been endlessly supported like some other female solo books are supported.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Yeah, can't agree more. If they only have those plans for her, I would be ultimately disappointed, because I was expecting at least a solo in Space for her.
    Count me in on the disappointed crew. Just give this woman a well supported solo please smh.

Ugh...so all the way until Sept .... Well hopefully its these plans fire out the fate in a way that makes the wait worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    I think the cases of Wolverine and Spiderman are different though. They both have their own books and series to develop their characters and histories. They are also featured in multiple big events around the Marvel Universe, so it's already ingrained and a given that they are important figures. Even if the X Offices did nothing with Wolverine, he would still have his own book to continue to develop him substantially. Storm is not given that same treatment despite being arguably as iconic and important to the marvel brand. The biggest issue with the BP ship off was that Storm was instantly ripped from the XBooks. (I do believe that whatever happened behind the scenes it stripped the X Offices of the ability to use Storm in certain ways. Many have alluded to this). And without a solo book, she wallowed initially as just a feature in BP books and wallpaper in XMen.
    thats where I disagree. storm was still in the xbooks even after she was married. she was xenogenesis and appeared in many xbooks in parallel. it boiled to what writers wanted to do at that time which was promote cyclops as the figurehead of the xmen. if she were stripped and not allowed to be used by the xoffices how then was she still being used? this from my perspective is an excuse by the xoffice to find a scapegoat. we were told 2021 would be big plans for storm, that they were waiting to tell their story because she was in BP but what have we gotten since they have been telling the stories they want for her? The truth with this is that if they wanted her to have a solo with characters and stories she would. Coates said he was going to write a solo for hed back in 2017 and it never happened. Why? Because the xoffices didn't want that and her being used there is simply an excuse.

Fantastic Member

thats where I disagree. storm was still in the xbooks even after she was married. she was xenogenesis and appeared in many xbooks in parallel. it boiled to what writers wanted to do at that time which was promote cyclops as the figurehead of the xmen. if she were stripped and not allowed to be used by the xoffices how then was she still being used? this from my perspective is an excuse by the xoffice to find a scapegoat. we were told 2021 would be big plans for storm, that they were waiting to tell their story because she was in BP but what have we gotten since they have been telling the stories they want for her? The truth with this is that if they wanted her to have a solo with characters and stories she would. Coates said he was going to write a solo for hed back in 2017 and it never happened. Why? Because the xoffices didn't want that and her being used there is simply an excuse.
    I can understand your interpretation. However, there were a lot of funny things going on with the XMen and different characters at that time in regards to rights for me to believe some of the limitations may have been true. But I wasn't in the office so I guess each person has to believe what they want and only they will truly know. When I said she was stripped out of the Xbooks, I meant figuratively. She was still featured in them but she wasn't a character of importance. I personally don't necessarily think this is all the x office's blame. I do feel like perhaps there were negotiations made in regards to Storm's character potentially being used elsewhere and that could have restricted the degree to which she could be used in the Xbooks. Was it a wise move probably not.

I can understand your interpretation. However, there were a lot of funny things going on with the XMen and different characters at that time in regards to rights for me to believe some of the limitations may have been true. But I wasn't in the office so I guess each person has to believe what they want and only they will truly know. When I said she was stripped out of the Xbooks, I meant figuratively. She was still featured in them but she wasn't a character of importance. I personally don't necessarily think this is all the x office's blame. I do feel like perhaps there were negotiations made in regards to Storm's character potentially being used elsewhere and that could have restricted the degree to which she could be used in the Xbooks. Was it a wise move probably not.
    I agree no one can for certain say either unless we work at marvel; however, at the end of the day Storm is an xmen property and the onus is on them to develop the character. it shouldn't be driven by other offices.

Fantastic Member

I agree no one can for certain say either unless we work at marvel; however, at the end of the day Storm is an xmen property and the onus is on them to develop the character. it shouldn't be driven by other offices.
    Never disagreed with this. I actually said something to this effect in my original post when I praised Coates. That being said I also think it’s fair to acknowledge if there were any other negotiations that perhaps got in the way of possible development. Since some of the writers alluded to that and given the climate of Marvel’s hold on the XMen at the time, I wouldn’t be surprised if this too were part (not all) of the blame. That’s all I’m saying lol.

Never disagreed with this. I actually said something to this effect in my original post when I praised Coates. That being said I also think it’s fair to acknowledge if there were any other negotiations that perhaps got in the way of possible development. Since some of the writers alluded to that and given the climate of Marvel’s hold on the XMen at the time, I wouldn’t be surprised if this too were part (not all) of the blame. That’s all I’m saying lol.
    if you can find any articles or such that talked to her being off limits please share. I've heard similar points made in the past from other storm fans so I believe there to be truth in it but it seems to me even still to be a convenient excuse to placate a fanbase. nevertheless, its neither here nor there. we know what hudlin wanted for the character : he wanted to make her a queen of nation. we know what coates wanted to do with the character: he wanted to make her revered as a goddess. let's see exactly what the xoffices have in store now that the character is in their full control.

Fantastic Member

if you can find any articles or such that talked to her being off limits please share. I've heard similar points made in the past from other storm fans so I believe there to be truth in it but it seems to me even still to be a convenient excuse to placate a fanbase. nevertheless, its neither here nor there. we know what hudlin wanted for the character : he wanted to make her a queen of nation. we know what coates wanted to do with the character: he wanted to make her revered as a goddess. let's see exactly what the xoffices have in store now that the character is in their full control.
    Lol! I'm neither confirming nor denying, I'm just leaving room for possibility since it has been mentioned as such by people who were writing the stories. When it comes to the point I was making, I don't know how either Hudlin or Coates makes a difference. I'm arguing that it's a structural thing. Storm is not positioned to be as big of an influence as she should be period. This goes beyond any one writer. I am not taking the onus off of the X Office. And even with what has been done in BP all it has done is brought about are cosmetic changes (she's identified as a powerhouse, and goddess) but it hasn't, as of yet, brought any real major significant change to her role and importance MU wide (maybe this will come with the Big Plans). She was still a queen and is a goddess who is a secondary character in BP's comic and casually used in XMen. For her to really have the impact she deserves, the structure and placement of her character has to be changed. Being made a goddess or a queen weren't necessary steps to get shine she truly deserves (not that they are bad changes lol). Despite these changes, Storm to date STILL does NOT have a solo!!! That's ludicrous!

I reiterate, I'm NOT disagreeing with you. I'm making a different point.

I think Claremont said it best when he talked about his criticism of the pair. Without a solo book for Storm (or even a joint book) it's hard to put fair balance that is respectful to both characters.

Claremont said. "Does Ororo become a supporting character in T’Challa’s book? Does T’Challa become a supporting character in Ororo’s book? How do you strike a balance between them?

This of course has nothing to do with the shit show that went on related to Storm in the XBooks but it hits back to my original post on why I have issues with the pair. It isn't about the writers.

Actually, it makes me question, has there ever been a marriage between two powerhouse characters of different brands? I mean, when I think of Scott and Jean, or Reed and Susan, they were in the same book. Any other big pair that I can think of already had their own books and solo support. This is the first situation I can think of like this. Am I wrong?

Lol! You said you believe there is some truth in it and label it as an excuse at the same time lol. I'm neither confirming nor denying, I'm just leaving room for possibility since it has been mentioned as such by people who were writing the stories. When it comes to the point I was making, I don't know how either Hudlin or Coates makes a difference. It's clear you think it's the writers responsibility. I'm arguing that it's a structural thing. Storm is not positioned to be as big of an influence as she should be period. This goes beyond any one writer. I am not taking the onus off of the X Office. And even with what has been done in BP all it has done is opened a possible door, as of yet, it hasn't brought any real major significant change to her status quo MU wide. She was still a queen and is a goddess who was a secondary character in BP's comic and relatively non existent in XMen. For her to really have her place, the structure and placement of her character has to be changed. She didn't have to be made a goddess or a queen to finally get the spotlight and importance she truly deserves. To your point, Wolverine is just a man with claws and he's everywhere. Storm to date STILL does NOT have a solo!!! That's ludicrous!

I reiterate, I'm NOT disagreeing with you. I'm making a different point.
    I never saw such reports myself however I dont believe who alleged they did would have a reason to lie. nevertheless, even if such things were stated I still believe it to be an excuse. these are fictional characters at the end of the day and I find it truly hard to believe that if an xwriter wanted to use an xcharacter even if they were being used by another office that they wouldn't be able to.

I agree regarding the structural placement. 100%. if the avengers office wants to offer her some form of development but it ultimately isn't recognized or further explored by her home office her significance won't change. it all has to start from her home office ultimately for there to be true change for the character. she certainly didn't have to have any of those things happen to gain more significance but it does show you that the other offices were thinking big for the character despite if one agrees or disagrees with the execution. I think we are on the same page regarding a solo but it shouldn't stop there. the same push captain marvel gets when numbers tank and then it's rebooted is what storm needs. it should just be an expected given, like Wolverine, that she will have a solo. when that approach is taken I believe her trajectory and significance can grow that reflects the a-list status age possesses.

Fantastic Member

I never saw such reports myself however I dont believe who alleged they did would have a reason to lie. nevertheless, even if such things were stated I still believe it to be an excuse. these are fictional characters at the end of the day and I find it truly hard to believe that if an xwriter wanted to use an xcharacter even if they were being used by another office that they wouldn't be able to.

I agree regarding the structural placement. 100%. if the avengers office wants to offer her some form of development but it ultimately isn't recognized or further explored by her home office her significance won't change. it all has to start from her home office ultimately for there to be true change for the character. she certainly didn't have to have any of those things happen to gain more significance but it does show you that the other offices were thinking big for the character despite if one agrees or disagrees with the execution. I think we are on the same page regarding a solo but it shouldn't stop there. the same push captain marvel gets when numbers tank and then it's rebooted is what storm needs. it should just be an expected given, like Wolverine, that she will have a solo. when that approach is taken I believe her trajectory and significance can grow that reflects the a-list status age possesses.
    YES! This is my point!