Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I suspect that Jon is older that 17 or 18 at this point (I'm not totally sure about his age in the first DCeased).
    I’m saying 18 or 17 off the fact we got a 5 year time jump with the sequel and he was similar to his pre-Bendis iteration in the first , but we never got a definitive age. That means he was close to the possible ages of 11, 12, and I’m not discounting 13, so youngest he’s 16 and oldest he’s 18.

With comics I have to make a lot of assumptions on ages since they rarely say flat out.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I can’t tell if he’s flying or not, but I cannot believe how tall Jon is supposed be when he’s 17 or 18 in the DCeased Universe. He’s basically towering over Constantine.

Attachment 100358
    Yeah between him and Damian, I dont think whoever does the art for this series has ever actually seen a 18-19 year old (which is what I'm guessing they are. They both looked about 13-14 in the first DCeased).

Like...it's more than just the physique (though can we take a moment to laugh at how Jon looks like he got the same "little head on a large, CGI body" treatment that they did to Chris Evans in Captain America xD). They both just....look old.
    Last edited by Blue22; 09-05-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah between him and Damian, I dont think whoever does the art for this series has ever actually seen a 18-19 year old (which is what I'm guessing they are. They both looked about 13-14 in the first DCeased).

Like...it's more than just the physique (though can we take a moment to laugh at how Jon looks like he got the same "little head one a large, CGI body" treatment that they did to Chris Evans in Captain America xD). They both just....look old.
    I think it’s probably a creative decision that they want Damon and Jon, and I would even say Cassie, to actually look like Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Like they could easily be drawn in a way look like smaller/more accurate 18 or 19 year old, maybe older for Cassie who has to be early 20’s, but they want to give the impression that Jon is Superman now so he needs to tall, imposing, and inspiring.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Nobody has posted this here yet. I wonder where this is going.

written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art by RYAN SOOK and WADE VON GRAWBADGER
    cover by RYAN SOOK
    variant cover by MATT TAYLOR
    ON SALE 12/22/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    The battle for New Krypton is on! This powerhouse issue features the Legion confronting the greatest challenge of any era! With New Krypton on the verge of destruction at the hands of one of Jon Kent’s deadliest foes, the young hero may have to make the ultimate sacrifice to save his friends, his family, and his heritage—but it could lead to the start of a monumental new chapter in the future of the DC Universe! Long live the Legion!

Extraordinary Member

Are they gonna bring him home now or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Are they gonna bring him home now or what?
    With any luck, this is how he'll be aged down. I'm not holding my breath too tightly though.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

In other Jon related news, his appearance at the end was literally the only interesting part of today's Teen Titans' issue. But considering it's a version of Jon that I hate, in a costume that I hate, interacting with a team that I hate, in a story line that I REALLY hate, I'm kinda on the fence about whether or not I wanna read what happens next.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

With any luck, this is how he'll be aged down. I'm not holding my breath too tightly though.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

In other Jon related news, his appearance at the end was literally the only interesting part of today's Teen Titans' issue. But considering it's a version of Jon that I hate, in a costume that I hate, interacting with a team that I hate, in a story line that I REALLY hate, I'm kinda on the fence about whether or not I wanna read what happens next.
    Jon appears in teen titans? Why?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jon appears in teen titans? Why?
    From the solicitation, he is asking about Damian

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Yep. He came in, eyes glowing red, and demanded they tell him where Damian is.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Hmph! What happened to damian? I haven't been reading any books. So jon is what? Trying to get his partner out of a jam or something?what about his brothers dick, jason, tim.. Etc?

Hmph! What happened to damian? I haven't been reading any books. So jon is what? Trying to get his partner out of a jam or something?what about his brothers dick, jason, tim.. Etc?
    Damian has dipped back into old habits and has decided to straight up kill villains now, leaving both the Teen Titans and his title as Robin behind. All because of Alfred's death and the distance between him and Bruce that's been growing over the past couple of years.

I'm pretty sure this is only temporary. Especially since Tomasi's Tec solicits hint at the two reconciling. But it's still really depressing, seeing him go down this path again.

Damian has dipped back into old habits and has decided to straight up kill villains now, leaving both the Teen Titans and his title as Robin behind. All because of Alfred's death and the distance between him and Bruce that's been growing over the past couple of years.

I'm pretty sure this is only temporary. Especially since Tomasi's Tec solicits hint at the two reconciling. But it's still really depressing, seeing him go down this path again.
    And has clark and lois done anything to help the damian with whatever he is going through? Having father figure die can be pretty hard and damian is basically family in more ways than one. I remember clark meeting bruce regarding alfred's death a while back.

And has clark and lois done anything to help the damian with whatever he is going through? Having father figure die can be pretty hard and damian is basically family in more ways than one. I remember clark meeting bruce regarding alfred's death a while back.
    Nah. And I wouldn't really expect them to. Aside from being some of the last people he'd actually listen to, I'm pretty sure writers are trying to keep this is a strictly Batfam/Titans thing. As far as most people would be concerned, this doesn't have anything to do with them.

Alfred (when he was alive), Bruce, and Jason couldn't get through to the kid about all the dumb **** he was pulling in this TT run. And he already blew off Jon when he expressed his worry for him, a few issues ago. I don't think there's much Clark or Lois could do.

Nah. And I wouldn't really expect them to. Aside from being some of the last people he'd actually listen to, I'm pretty sure writers are trying to keep this is a strictly Batfam/Titans thing. As far as most people would be concerned, this doesn't have anything to do with them.

Alfred (when he was alive), Bruce, and Jason couldn't get through to the kid about all the dumb **** he was pulling in this TT run. And he already blew off Jon when he expressed his worry for him, a few issues ago. I don't think there's much Clark or Lois could do.
    So, jason is involved? What did he do? He didn't try to take him out. Did he? What about the outlaws and bizarro?

So, jason is involved? What did he do? He didn't try to take him out. Did he? What about the outlaws and bizarro?
    No Outlaws. Just Jason. They started that run off, well enough. But Damian fucked things up about halfway through (this whole run could just be defined as "Damian fucks up") and Jason beat the **** out of him. Then he just kinda disappeared for a while before coming back in today's issue to tell the Titans to let the Batfam worry about finding Damian.