Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

The whole point of synergy usage isn't that you're restricted to a team, but that you're so flexible with it that you can come up with new ones with others on the fly.

At its core, Dani's powers are illusion based. They need to just lean into that bc I could see her having the potential to be like Mastermind. The psychic arrow is a cool evolution of her powers but its an offensive power that tends to be used lazily with no creativity. There is more to mine with the illusions and how she uses those strategically to tackle situations

Its a shame they have done nothing with her as a Valkyrie and her connection to death in the current Krakoa era. Those powers would be so fitting to explore now.

I may be stupid, but I just don't get this Farouk x Shadow King separation

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Simple. They were really never one and the same. Think A Goa'uld and it's more or less willing host from Stargate.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 10-07-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Farouk is a mutant, SKing is some primordial dark entity.How they seperated has me curious , but not the fact itself.Unlike Venom and Eddie Brock, I have not known SKing to have particular affinity for or attachment to Farouk.However I like this idea as Farouk is playing an anti hero of sorts.While SK can finally be revealed to be a solo villain maybe even a mistaken name for the first fallen (who in his first true form was shown as some entity of darkness)perhaps seeking his ancient corporeal form that will be a doomsday scenario when/if that came to pass. Hope this is the long term goal of the writers

Farouk is right. Krakoans need to nut up and if not go on the offensive, prepare themselves for if they need to take it there with its enemies. Theres nothing wrong with being war-ready. Arakko is at peace, but they're always one button push away from whippin some ass.

Great issue. I just can't fathom an island that houses some of the most powerful psychics and psy sensitive hasn't picked up on the disturbance Farouk is exerting.

I think the fall of Krakoa is going to come from the inside. Peeps are on to Xavier and Mags and they're not going to let them ruin the opportunity mutantkind is currently presented with. I'm so excited to see what happens.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
    Farouk is right. Krakoans need to nut up and if not go on the offensive, prepare themselves for if they need to take it there with its enemies. Theres nothing wrong with being war-ready. Arakko is at peace, but they're always one button push away from whippin some ass.
    I like how you and Farouk conveniently forget where Arrako was prior to being set up by krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I like how you and Farouk conveniently forget where Arrako was prior to being set up by krakoa
    what do you mean? In perpetual war with Amenth?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
    what do you mean? In perpetual war with Amenth?
    A war that they lost, that their strongest leader became the controlled vassel puppet of a demonic mask and had to be brought to Heel by the krakoans they so often look down upon.

Hell the Horsemen were called charlatains and frauds by White Sword for their innate cowardliness. But people keep pretending like Arrako's hot ****.

They talk a big game, but their record speaks for itself, and it aint great.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    A war that they lost, that their strongest leader became the controlled vassel puppet of a demonic mask and had to be brought to Heel by the krakoans they so often look down upon.

Hell the Horsemen were called charlatains and frauds by White Sword for their innate cowardliness. But people keep pretending like Arrako's hot ****.

They talk a big game, but their record speaks for itself, and it aint great.
    touche, maybe the grass isnt greener.

I just want the Krakoan experiment to succeed, and it feels like the home team is surrounded by enemies and they arent shoring up their defenses

Arrako warriors have lost nearly every fight we've seen them in on screen. They're apparently super great at jigsaw puzzles and not trying to have sex with boulders though.

Another weird thing about Farouk: his appearance has always been the fault of the Shadow King possessing him. Basically, whoever the Shadow King possesses eventually ends up looking all big and kind of gross. It even happened to Storm once when she got possessed by him. If Farouk had been separated from the Shadow King he should have at least started to look more like himself by now.

Maybe Farouk just came to like eating as much as the Shadow King did. Or maybe that's just how he sees himself at this point. He was the youngest of the Shadow King's hosts, as far as we know, right? He may simply not be able to imagine his adult self looking any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Dani did untill people realized just how totally *STUPID* the whole thing/idea was. Like having the car she was driving disapear when she had to manifest a driver's licence.
    The illusions require concentration at that time Dani was not experienced enough with her powers to do more than one at a time.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

I never had too much problem with the "one at a time" thing, it was not knowing what she was going to get ahead of time. Once, when she tried to conjure up alien passport documents, she got bribery documents instead. What if someone's fear was a nuclear bomb going off? She had the power. She could create both explosives and high tech machines she couldn't understand. She could have wiped out a city without even realizing it.

I don't mind the idea of solid "illusions", as long as they start off insubstantial and aren't easy to do. (I'm not a big fan of ever escalating feats.)