Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    100% true! Unfortunately if you're not THE Batman or THE Superman, the writers feel it's their destiny (perhaps Fate ) to put their all-new stamp on them history. Since Zero Hour, Dr Fate is winning that race? And yes, let's put some more OG's back into the Society.
    I think it might be a bit too much to have DC resurrect even more Golden Age characters from the dead at this point in time.

However, I enjoyed the one-off story of the Justice Society of America in DC Terrors Through Time that came out back in October of last year

despite some inconsistencies with the actual history of the JSA.

Maybe DC could give us a separate series with the adventures of the Justice Society of America back in the 1940s? Wouldn't have to feature all of the team all the time . . . they could focus on smaller tales like team-ups with a few of the members and stuff like that?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What's also confusing with Geoff Johns and his time references are using specific years in some scenes

from Justice Society of America #1

But also using less specific time references in other cases

from Justice Society of America #2;
    original scene was in Zero Hour #3 (September 1994)

The above panel now also means the run of JSA (originally starting in 1999) would have to have maybe started +/-six or seven years ago?
    Possibly even +/-four or five years ago?

I really hope Geoff Johns supplies some sort of revised timeline for the history of the Justice Society of America when he's done having Per Degaton screwing around with the past / present / future.
    Geoff himself wouldn’t age Courtney pass her teens according to that. So I’m assuming like you, something is going on with Per Degaton that must be resolved by story’s end.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Jerry Ordway.

JerryOrdwayJSA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What's also confusing with Geoff Johns and his time references are using specific years in some scenes

from Justice Society of America #1

But also using less specific time references in other cases

from Justice Society of America #2;
    original scene was in Zero Hour #3 (September 1994)

The above panel now also means the run of JSA (originally starting in 1999) would have to have maybe started +/-six or seven years ago?
    Possibly even +/-four or five years ago?

I really hope Geoff Johns supplies some sort of revised timeline for the history of the Justice Society of America when he's done having Per Degaton screwing around with the past / present / future.
    Thing is, the JSA seem to be in the same frozen state as Young Justice, who don't seem to have aged up as much as they should've (they should be in their early 20s now, but are stuck at 18). And Stargirl (the YJ gang's peer, they tried to recruit her soon after forming) is still 16 even though that's how old she was on her debut, which would literally mean the late 90s and 2000s runs happened less than a year ago! They should've had her start the Lost Children storyline aged up a few years, then reset to 16 at the end (she got rapidly aged and then de-aged in the last issue, and it turned out the island they were on was keeping the Lost Children young even after they left, so she would've in fact lost a few years on arrival). Jakeem should be an adult now as well, and isn't.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don’t get DC’s resistance to age their young characters to their early twenties. Society’s conception of youth have changed, but DC keep treating 20/21/22 as if that would make them too old.
    Maybe they could say that Stargirl debuted at 13 or something, but I think at least 6 years need to have passed since her debut.

shame this never made it!

I mean its basically the current run minus half the characters
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

This little snippet buddy;

I wonder if this is what they meant by JSA #6 being a tie-in with Dawn of DC.

Khalid is a part of the team now afterall
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I wonder if this is what they meant by JSA #6 being a tie-in with Dawn of DC.

Khalid is a part of the team now afterall
    hopefully Jimmy gets the Helmet of Hate...

True but it may have been without the convoluted mess

True, but I think Hitch’s image hints that original Earth-2 would have played the role of Hypertime in the current series.
    If we look at the background, we see what I believe was meant to be the past of Earth-0’s JSA next to Earth-2’s version (including classic PG and Huntress).
    It’s possible that Huntress would have come from Earth-2 instead of an alternate future. Or maybe she was not meant to be the book’s main character at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don’t get DC’s resistance to age their young characters to their early twenties. Society’s conception of youth have changed, but DC keep treating 20/21/22 as if that would make them too old.
    Maybe they could say that Stargirl debuted at 13 or something, but I think at least 6 years need to have passed since her debut.
    Once I got into an argument about whether or not teen and child characters should age. Some fans think it's better that group stays the same age. So DC could be of the same opinion.

True, but I think Hitch’s image hints that original Earth-2 would have played the role of Hypertime in the current series.
    If we look at the background, we see what I believe was meant to be the past of Earth-0’s JSA next to Earth-2’s version (including classic PG and Huntress).
    It’s possible that Huntress would have come from Earth-2 instead of an alternate future. Or maybe she was not meant to be the book’s main character at the time.
    I don't think she's meant to be the main character now, either: next issue will conclude her introduction, after which she'll be presented as another member of the team, no more important than anyone else. (I'm still hopeful that next issue will see her sent back to 1979, to participate in the Silver Age JSA alongside Power Girl; but it's not looking likely at this point. A return to her original time is also a possibility.) Meanwhile, they're setting up Yolanda and Beth to get the central focus next (after, or alongside, the Lost Children in issues 6 and 7), presumably to give their return to life some proper attention. After that, I don't know.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I think the backgrounds are supposed to represent the Golden Age on the left, and the Silver Age on the right, with the foreground being the current team.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Once I got into an argument about whether or not teen and child characters should age. Some fans think it's better that group stays the same age. So DC could be of the same opinion.
    I tend to think that they need to age; just not in real time.
    Rogue wears rouge.