Page 322 of 374 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    And the only reason Kara outed herself in the first place in the alternate reality was to save Lena. So I can't see why Kara would out herself in this reality unless it was to save someone.
    Which would be a redundant plotline. Plus Kara now knows outing herself could end up getting everyone she loves killed. It would be incredibly poor writing to ignore the 100 episode.
    Um, you're giving these writers far more credit than they deserve. That being said, I'm probably way off. Though if she is outed in the season finale, maybe then she'll disappear for a short time, giving Melissa a reason to be off of the show.

Or they do what they did when she was on Broadway and use the masked suit.

You know what annoys me the most about those Obsidian lenses? No contact lens is that easy to put in or take out. Contact lenses are a pain in the ass.

I think I've come to the realization that I would have liked Kelley if she had started off as a scientist working for Obsidian Tech. If they had just started her in that role, maybe with a background of being a therapist, I could have gone with the character. But as it is, she is still too much of a Mary Sue.

Any Grey's Anatomy fans here? Was the picture of Alex as a doctor in the lobby from Grey's?

Ok, nothing about the Obsidian experience sounds good. It sounds as if it's designed to kill you in the real world. Of course, since it's Leviathan, that's probably the point.

Really liked the Dreamer story line. But I have to admit when Nia broke down at the end, all I could think was that she and Kate should form a support group.

It's also nice to see that Brainy still cares. I hope that whole mess gets resolved soon.

Aaaand there it is. 3 years without a mention, and they killed Jeremiah off-screen. Guess they finally had to close that plot thread.

I do wonder if he'll show up next episode in the virtual world, but unless they use stock footage, I doubt it. It still feels like Dean Cain is personae non grata on Supergirl.

I wonder how far along they were in filming this season. I've heard that they were actually filming stuff for Season 6 now to work around Melissa's pregnancy. I'm hoping that, since Season 5 is a shorter season, they finished filming all they needed before the outbreak.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I think I've come to the realization that I would have liked Kelley if she had started off as a scientist working for Obsidian Tech. If they had just started her in that role, maybe with a background of being a therapist, I could have gone with the character. But as it is, she is still too much of a Mary Sue.
    Something about Kelly's line delivery was off to me like she was reading off a teleprompter.

Really liked the Dreamer story line. But I have to admit when Nia broke down at the end, all I could think was that she and Kate should form a support group.
    Nia has become one of my favorite characters in the Arrowverse I loved the focus on her this ep and it was nice to see her roommate again.

I wonder how far along they were in filming this season. I've heard that they were actually filming stuff for Season 6 now to work around Melissa's pregnancy. I'm hoping that, since Season 5 is a shorter season, they finished filming all they needed before the outbreak.
    Pagey one of the YouTubers who covers the Arrow verse mention that they were to finish filming last week. Hopefully, they did get enough footage before they closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Something about Kelly's line delivery was off to me like she was reading off a teleprompter.
    Well, she isn't a very good actress. That could be another reason I don't like her.

Nia has become one of my favorite characters in the Arrowverse I loved the focus on her this ep and it was nice to see her roommate again.
    I kinda wish the Dreamer story had been the sole focus of the episode. It kinda came off as the 'B' story to the 'A' story of Alex in Virtual Vegas. At the same time, the episode really flowed well with a minimum of filler (William).

Pagey one of the YouTubers who covers the Arrow verse mention that they were to finish filming last week. Hopefully, they did get enough footage before they closed down.
    That's good to know. As long as everyone is safe.

I just saw a post on Facebook from David Harewood and he said they had to stop while filming episode 20. Didn't say how far along they were though. If enough had already been filmed to have a nearly complete episode.
    I guess maybe they could add stop stock footage to have a full 42 minutes. But it sure is going to screw up season 6 because they were going to film some of season 6 now and do the rest starting November.
    But with nothing being filmed now Supergirl probably won't come beck until January after the holiday break and I guess another short season.

Amazing Member

Well, she isn't a very good actress. That could be another reason I don't like her.
    Yeah she is very amateurish when compared to the rest of the cast and it was really noticable in this episode.

I kinda wish the Dreamer story had been the sole focus of the episode. It kinda came off as the 'B' story to the 'A' story of Alex in Virtual Vegas. At the same time, the episode really flowed well with a minimum of filler (William).
    I agree except I considered Dreamer's story to be the main plot with Alex's as the B story and it did flow really well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I just saw a post on Facebook from David Harewood and he said they had to stop while filming episode 20. Didn't say how far along they were though. If enough had already been filmed to have a nearly complete episode.
    I guess maybe they could add stop stock footage to have a full 42 minutes. But it sure is going to screw up season 6 because they were going to film some of season 6 now and do the rest starting November.
    But with nothing being filmed now Supergirl probably won't come beck until January after the holiday break and I guess another short season.
    If they only finished episode 20 out of a 22 season order I wonder if they will end on some kind of quickly made cliffhanger? Maybe opening season 6 with the planned ending for season 5.
    Last edited by Damien; 03-16-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Jeremiah Danvers is dead? Well that's what happens when your two daughters (and, I assume your wife -- they did tell her he was alive, right?) forget about you for at least a season!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guess it was inevitable, with Dean Cain being a Persona Non Grata on the verse now.

Also, very twisted villain, this must've really hit home for poor Nia.

I agree except I considered Dreamer's story to be the main plot with Alex's as the B story and it did flow really well together.

If they only finished episode 20 out of a 22 season order I wonder if they will end on some kind of quickly made cliffhanger? Maybe opening season 6 with the planned ending for season 5.
    I think it was how the two stories were split. It started off as a Dreamer story with a dash of Kara and William, but then the Alex and J'onn investigation took over with very brief scenes with Nia. Then that story mostly wrapped, and it went back to a full Dreamer story, with a dash of Alex and J'onn at the end, leading to the big reveal about Jeremiah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Jeremiah Danvers is dead? Well that's what happens when your two daughters (and, I assume your wife -- they did tell her he was alive, right?) forget about you for at least a season!
    No, that's what happens when you openly support Trump.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Crisis would've been the perfect time to switch actors for Jeremiah, if the Supergirl crew wasn't so hesitant to replace actors who either are no longer available or actors who don't agree with the politics of the show.

I guess they couldn't figure out how to continue on with the Jeremiah plotline.

Crisis would've been the perfect time to switch actors for Jeremiah, if the Supergirl crew wasn't so hesitant to replace actors who either are no longer available or actors who don't agree with the politics of the show.

Could had brought in one of the Superboy actors to play him.

I did not know Nia or Nicole was Trans. Guess I don't pay attention. But this was a good episode of taking the issue on.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I did not know Nia or Nicole was Trans. Guess I don't pay attention. But this was a good episode of taking the issue on.
    Really? It was a big deal when they brought her on the show. The first Trans superhero on TV, played by a Trans actress.

I REALLY don't get why they never recast. I mean, sure, there are some roles that you really just can't recast (Cat Grant). But it should be no problem for smaller, reoccurring roles. Hell, they recast Alura, and even picked a legacy actor to fill the roll!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Could had brought in one of the Superboy actors to play him.
    What's Gerald Christopher up to? I loved his Superboy show.

As my daughter and I watched this episode, my biggest complaint, why does Kara lie about where she is going when she doesn't need to? It seems like every super hero show does this.

Kara is talking to Williams and gets a text from Nia.
    "Oh I need to leave."
    Williams, "You have an emergency?"
    Kara, "Yes, thanks for helping"

Telling the truth.
    Kara: "Nia put herself onto the app as bait to try and catch the killer, I need to go talk her out of that."
    Williams: Yes, go ahead, I'll cover for you here."

It takes zero effort to tell the truth. Writers need to stop writing super heroes as compulsive liars.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.