Page 27 of 98 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'll pass on that. Just use Pieter if you want his elements. This is a chance for a new Doctor Mid-Nite, so let's actually make her unique.
    I just hope they don't add elements from the TV show version to the character of Beth. TV Beth is very annoying, IMHO.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But . . . Beth isn't really "new".

She was around during CoIE back in 1985.
    I liked this costume for Beth. Very original. It made the ID all her own, instead of a copy of Charles, as seems to be the trend now.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I liked this costume for Beth. Very original. It made the ID all her own, instead of a copy of Charles, as seems to be the trend now.

Peace
    And here's a discussion worthy topic. How much originality does a legacy get? Beth Chapel had her own costume and a different spelling of the name. The name, I suspect, was based in copyright issues so DC could grab the alternate spelling. But the costume is markedly different from the original. I'm not a big fan of Beth's Infinity costume, but her mixing it up was a good thing.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

The great thing about Pieter Cross in the early pages of JSA was the relationship he and Mr. Terrific formed - their friendship and scenes working together were great. There were hints of a romance with Black Canary too, but nothing came of it. I’d have read where that went versus another rehash of a relationship with Ollie.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

I would just love to see more of the Justice Society in fact, I'd rather see a Justice Society Incarnate that protects the multiverse/omniverse
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I would just love to see more of the Justice Society in fact, I'd rather see a Justice Society Incarnate that protects the multiverse/omniverse
    That should be the team that protects the multiverse plain and simple.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    That should be the team that protects the multiverse plain and simple.
    I tend to think of the JSA as being a bit more grounded than universe hopping and an international policeforce, but DC doesn't give a damn about what I care.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I tend to think of the JSA as being a bit more grounded than universe hopping and an international policeforce, but DC doesn't give a damn about what I care.
    I tend to agree with this. But it would be a meta statement to have a team whose world was destroyed in COIE now be the protectors of the multiverse. I'd expand this to include Infinity, Inc. and any other Earth -Two castoffs. I can see it, but it wouldn't be something I'd have a great desire to see. Of course, this would be better than nothing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I tend to agree with this. But it would be a meta statement to have a team whose world was destroyed in COIE now be the protectors of the multiverse. I'd expand this to include Infinity, Inc. and any other Earth -Two castoffs. I can see it, but it wouldn't be something I'd have a great desire to see. Of course, this would be better than nothing.
    The problem there is you'd be writing them out of the DCU. DC and WB have made it clear that the JLA is the bit cosmic team handling the big, cosmic level threats. My guess is they get to keep that title, leaving nothing for such a JSA to do.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm very curious, what do JSA fans think of the Earth-2 series from the NU52?

The one with all the younger versions of the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The problem there is you'd be writing them out of the DCU. DC and WB have made it clear that the JLA is the bit cosmic team handling the big, cosmic level threats. My guess is they get to keep that title, leaving nothing for such a JSA to do.
    Basically the difference between what some of us would like to see and what DC is most likely going to (or not) do. I don't think anyone is expecting this to ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

You may not get a lot of kind words about the series as a whole, but the first 16 issues by James Robinson and the last few by Dan Abnett were fairly well recieved even though there was backlash because it wasn't the traditional JSA. In the middle were some really horrible issues by the talent-free Daniel Wilson and Tom Taylor (who I have given up on). Horrible amateurish art with all background and minuscule unrecognizable figures by Jorge Jimenez didn't help. Beginning and end were pretty good, the middle was a pile of horse excrement.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    You may not get a lot of kind words about the series as a whole, but the first 16 issues by James Robinson and the last few by Dan Abnett were fairly well recieved even though there was backlash because it wasn't the traditional JSA. In the middle were some really horrible issues by the talent-free Daniel Wilson and Tom Taylor (who I have given up on). Horrible amateurish art with all background and minuscule unrecognizable figures by Jorge Jimenez didn't help. Beginning and end were pretty good, the middle was a pile of horse excrement.
    You won't get kind words about that from me. It bordered at times on being incoherent junk that was pushing a story the heroes lose, badly, over many, many issues of bleakness. It gave you unlikable versions of the heroes you liked before, and stuff that was contradicted by next panel. I at least didn't like it because it richly earned that response IMO. Scorn is my best possible response.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    You won't get kind words about that from me. It bordered at times on being incoherent junk that was pushing a story the heroes lose, badly, over many, many issues of bleakness. It gave you unlikable versions of the heroes you liked before, and stuff that was contradicted by next panel. I at least didn't like it because it richly earned that response IMO. Scorn is my best possible response.
    The Robinson issues were interesting.

But they weren't the "JSA", no matter how much DC wanted at one point to make us believe they were.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

I enjoyed it before Tom Taylor came along. I felt like Alan and Jay very much felt like the same guys, just younger and in a modern world. Seeing Alan as a more arrogant, hot-heated guy and Jay as this naive goof finding his courage was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the world-building a lot early on.