Page 312 of 581 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 8704
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'm not liking it just now, but I'm sure that will change once Jodie starts kicking ass with it! Although, I heard the accent for the first time and I was like 'ehhhh....'. That is just because I'm not used to it though I'm sure, and again will not be noticed once she is doing her thing
    I had the same problem with Capaldi at first, but once I got used to him, he turned out to be great. I assume she will work out fine.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I think it's often like that. I seem to remember some uneasiness about Matt Smith, and he is my favourite (just...).
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

On a separate note... I'm in Cambridge for summer and I wanted to take a trip to the Doctor Who shop in London (ish?). However, it would require 6 hours of travel for the round trip, which is putting me off... Is is it worth it? Is it that good?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

What is your favourite rant or speech in Doctor Who? There are some great moments when he just goes off!

This would be my favourite, but the Eleventh Doctor's first speech is close second - 'Basically, run.'

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

That speech made me adore Calpadi's Doctor, summing up everything the Doctor believes in and hopes for in a single speech.

Also these for Nine and Ten.

Oh and this speech for River and how she honestly feels about the Doctor and think he feels about him (when she thinks he's not here) finally made me see why they're a great couple.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I had the same problem with Capaldi at first, but once I got used to him, he turned out to be great. I assume she will work out fine.
    I've had that problem with every Doctor after a change.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I've had that problem with every Doctor after a change.
    I always find it's good to give every Doctor about three to four episodes to see how they are for you, since post-regeneration stories are rarely usual fares or see them at their best. Of course I like all the Doctors so what do I know?

Sometimes it takes the actor a while to settle into a role, which I think is really apparent with Peter Davison and Matt Smith, whose first season episodes were actually filmed out of order.

"Four to Doomsday" and "The Visitation" for example, were filmed before the rest of the season, and you can pretty much tell-Davison comes off as a bit blander and even with a bit of a squeakiness to his voice. By "Kinda" (Third in production) he's pretty much got it. You can also tell by the hair-Davison's is noticeably shorter in those two stories, ditto with the companions.

Matt Smith was the same way, the Weeping Angels story was shot first and Smith doesn't quite seem as confident as he did in "Eleventh Hour".

McCoy and Capaldi also took a year IMO to really develop their take on the Doctor; McCoy's case is well known, I think Moffat originally sort of wanted to have Capaldi be a 'better' take on the more strict First and Sixth Doctors, but decided to make the character more likeable and "cool" (The sunglasses) in the next two seasons.

Colin Baker I believed showed some improvement in his portrayal in "Trial" but the scripts were still kind of bad. Thankfully he was able to do the audios.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

What is your favourite rant or speech in Doctor Who? There are some great moments when he just goes off!

This would be my favourite, but the Eleventh Doctor's first speech is close second - 'Basically, run.'
    The Eleventh Doctor's speech at the Pandorica.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

BANNED

One of my favorites; a short but good underrated rant by number Seven.

Doctor vs. Morgaine
    Last edited by Johnny Peril; 08-09-2018 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Changed video host
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

BANNED

The TARDIS console has been leaked (sans lighting)

https://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/c...he_new_tardis/