Page 96 of 103 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1543
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    If only there was a famous superhero from the city the new X-Men were about to drop a giant tree in the middle of the street of...

But I digress
    The Fantastic Four are probably more celebrated in NYC than Spider-Man. I think the popularity of the character with readers is confusing his importance in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    100% correct, I said this a few weeks ago when people were speculating if Spider-Man would appear.
    Unless Peter Parker was their as an photographer then no, Spider-Man is only an urban super hero and offers nothing to the X-Men in what they are trying to achieve.
    So what, prey tell does Conan O'Brian offer to the X-Men in what they are trying to achieve?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    So what, prey tell does Conan O'Brian offer to the X-Men in what they are trying to achieve?
    Seriously ?, he is a tv personality viewed by many people. It is all about exposure to a worldwide audience.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

He's Greenland's #1 weatherman.

If only there was a famous superhero from the city the new X-Men were about to drop a giant tree in the middle of the street of...

But I digress
    They invited at least FOUR of them.

Is Spider-Man currently popular with the public or is he in another of his Jameson engineered infamy periods?

And since most of these invites were likely sent out by Emma, she probably remembers his never ending comments about her outfits from a previous encounter. Maybe she left him off the invite list on purpose.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 06-12-2021 at 02:05 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Quentin laid their asses out and it's divine, see the X-Corp #2 preview.
    Fenris was invited to the gala (and are part of the Hellfire guys gathered by Emma before the toast in Marauder). They are not however apparently invited to X-Corp’s wine and dine at the same time

I mean even Jameson is there. And it's not like the X-Men personally need to impress Patton Oswalt or Seth Meyers or Run The Jewels
    Wasn’t Jameson one of the most prominent pro-mutant media figures back in the day?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They invited at least FOUR of them.

Is Spider-Man currently popular with the public or is he in another of his Jameson engineered infamy periods?

And since most of these invites were likely sent out by Emma, she probably remembers his never ending comments about her outfits from a previous encounter. Maybe she left him off the invite list on purpose.
    Jameson and Spiderman have a very different relationship these days.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Incredible Member

Seriously ?, he is a tv personality viewed by many people. It is all about exposure to a worldwide audience.
    In other words,nothing.

His TBS show ends in a week or two. And there are other TV personalities with a larger audience. Honestly, it's weird that they invited a bunch of goofy comedians but not someone who has saved their collective butts several times in the past. I can't really see Patton Oswalt's snarky tweets doing a whole hell of a lot for the mutant community.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Extraordinary Member

His TBS show ends in a week or two. And there are other TV personalities with a larger audience. Honestly, it's weird that they invited a bunch of goofy comedians but not someone who has saved their collective butts several times in the past. I can't really see Patton Oswalt's snarky tweets doing a whole hell of a lot for the mutant community.
    It is weird that Marvel decided to jam a bunch of real world celebs in the book, yes, but the criteria for that has nothing to do with any story reason for Spider-Man being there or not. Is Spider-Man even the biggest snub?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

A worldwide audience for an event that's being psychically projected to everybody anyways?

We're living in a world where supermodels like Gigi and Bella Hadid can influence the youth on social media to take a major geopolitical stance like backing Palestine against Israel's attacks. Emma couldn't have invited Mary Jane to the Gala and asked her to put up some pro-mutant/pro-Krakoa Instagram posts and tweets for her followers? Peter could have been MJ's plus one- boyfriend, photographer and live tweeter.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Spider-Man's poor so no invite.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I don´t think the X-men know Spider-man secret identity so he wasn´t personally invited but imo if he was part of the current Avengers team he most probably would have gone as well.

I like the idea of MJ posting pro-krakoa images on her twitter and for her to be at the Gala with Peter as her plus one but I don´t think the X-office considered this, could have been a good idea imo.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

The arachnoid girlies are UPSET they weren’t invited, okay? That’s how you know a party was lit. LOOOOOOL.