Page 307 of 324 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 4846
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Y'know, one thing I do find annoying, is that there has been no buildup to whoever Jean kisses/starts getting into a relationship with in age of x-man alpha. If the writer didn't even tweet about it happening, then we'd have just been caught by complete surprise. At least that makes me hopeful that whoever Jean kisses will just be a fling like with 05 Jean & Beast or Medusa & Johnny Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Well Xorna is older than the Jean now. Also that Jean that smacked the 4 silver surfers and galactus was also older than the Jean now, so hopefully that's the direction Jean is going.
    Crossing fingers.

And I read that X-Men Red fans was mean to Rosenberg,and that Tom Taylord said he talked to JDW and that there are storylines "planned" for the Red folks and that Red fans don't judge (yet!).
    So again, hoping the direction that they will take with Jean is the one I like.
    It was just one tweet and wasn't really mean. I really hope there is more for X-men Red fans in the future, I don't put much faith on x-office delivering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Extermination was great. A nice send off for the O5. Both Jean's proved essential to saving the day, and for those looking for a cool power moment, Adult Jean had one today. I thought it was pretty impressive. Also glad that the time Teen Jean spent here wasn't for nothing.
    That was very enjoyable. teen Jean plan and then adult Jean picking it up

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Or Psionic Jean.

So this has nothing to do with Marvel, I'm just SO GODDAMN PUMPED I'm telling everybody I interact semi-regularly with:
    I got my congressional nomination for the Naval Academy today (the Service Academies need a nomination to even look at your application, so this is basically permission to apply).
    I'm SO FUCKING EXCITED.
    Congrats! good luck
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-19-2018 at 03:23 PM.

So do the memories feel like something they just experienced the other day or things from 15 years ago? Doubt that will get touched upon

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So do the memories feel like something they just experienced the other day or things from 15 years ago? Doubt that will get touched upon
    My assumption is that they were repressed memories just coming out, So it wouldn't be to far fetched to say they remember it like it just happened.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Y'know, one thing I do find annoying, is that there has been no buildup to whoever Jean kisses/starts getting into a relationship with in age of x-man alpha. If the writer didn't even tweet about it happening, then we'd have just been caught by complete surprise. At least that makes me hopeful that whoever Jean kisses will just be a fling like with 05 Jean & Beast or Medusa & Johnny Storm.
    If it is only a fling, for me it is better not do it. Teen Jean had like two relationships that weren't explored and it contributed zero to character development or made any difference.

Now about the building, well I guess AOX will just be the starting of it and it will carry over. At least I expect it to carry over, since I don't think writers have the courage to give Jean a romance besides Scott

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was just one tweet and wasn't really mean. I really hope there is more for X-men Red fans in the future, I don't put much faith on x-office delivering it.

That was very enjoyable. teen Jean plan and then adult Jean picking it up

Congrats! good luck
    Thank you!

And it's going to be in an Age of X-Man, or Scott.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post

Teen Jean could power up to fight the likes of Galactus, Gladiator, Kid Xavier, the Poisons, and Silver Surfers!
    I forgot that she went up against and impressed Dr. Doom as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I forgot that she went up against and impressed Dr. Doom as well.
    When? Gotta scan?

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When? Gotta scan?
    When Teen 05 had an adventure in the Ultimate Universe, so it is ultimate Dr. Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Or Psionic Jean.

So this has nothing to do with Marvel, I'm just SO GODDAMN PUMPED I'm telling everybody I interact semi-regularly with:
    I got my congressional nomination for the Naval Academy today (the Service Academies need a nomination to even look at your application, so this is basically permission to apply).
    I'm SO FUCKING EXCITED.
    That's great news, I'm happy for you, to choose a career and receive positive feedback is one of life defining moments.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    My assumption is that they were repressed memories just coming out, So it wouldn't be to far fetched to say they remember it like it just happened.
    I don’t see it That way but I guess we will never know.

My interpretation is that suddenly they have new memories that happen chronologically before and after beast plucked them from the past.

Like “oh, hey I suddenly remember that black vortex thing that happened back when I was (insert age they were here).”
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Extermination spoilers below.

So the more I think on it, the more I think marvel handled this as best as they possibly could given the short event. As others have said teen jean and adult jean were both instrumental in Saving everything and everyone. Again. And it’s only fitting that the 05s return be completed by jean, who has been the main focus of the 05 since Bendis introduced them.

Now, on to my sappy post I promised a few months ago when this moment came. Feel free to skip if you don’t care about my personal story.

When Bendis started anxm, I got into comics for the first time ever. It’s because I loved jean in other media and to have her in comics really drew me in.

This point also happened to be the lowest point in my life. I was in a bad depression. At first when the book was double shipping,it was virtually the only thing I had to look forward to and the only thing that gave me any enjoyment. I was so grateful for the ember of hope and enjoyment it Gave me every two weeks.

It was great enough that I got to read about jean but in a way I felt like I grew with the character. Since it was my first time reading comic jean, I felt like I was experiencing everything with the character as she did. More importantly - Regarding the things that had me depressed - They were things that I thought I was supposed to be but was coming to realize I wasn’t going to be. Coming to terms with who I really was (not being gay- but a realization of what my life was going to look like vs what I had dreamed as a teenager. I’m Purposely leaving out specific details here). I was able to see this more clearly in myself as I saw teen jean struggling to live in the shadow of her older self, often portrayed as a saint and a savior. Not an easy shadow to live in.

Anyway the point is, teen jean became such a relatable character to me. I matured with her, and as much as I hate to see her go, I feel like she helped me get through what I needed to get through. I literally just moved to a new city by myself 10 hours away from home, not knowing anyone, pursuing what I wanted to pursue and happy doing it. Sure, teen jean didn’t literally get me here, but I was happy to have her on my journey as I dug out of that hole. This will probably be the end of my most favorite comic era, and that’s ok, as it’s on to the next chapter.

Thanks teen jean =D

It’s cheesy I know. But it’s how things happened for me.
    Last edited by Grey; 12-20-2018 at 12:12 AM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Oh my god.

This is perfect.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    I legit whistle register laughed at this.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com