Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Wonder Woman fell apart in the last 20 minuites so yeah, of course BP did better.
    Is it just me or doesn't seem like most of DCs big climatic battles take place in the dark? Is it cheaper to do the CGI that way?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Is it just me or doesn't seem like most of DCs big climatic battles take place in the dark? Is it cheaper to do the CGI that way?
    Definitely cheaper to do CG in the darker. It can hide any imperfections that way

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Undeserved
    Titanic won and Black Panther's got better characters than that yeah 21 years later and I still think LA Confidential was robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Wonder Woman fell apart in the last 20 minuites so yeah, of course BP did better.
    Yeah, Wonder Woman was REALLY REALLY good. But it has it's flaws. Just comparing Ares to Killmonger will show you why one is getting more props than the other.

But again, WW was great. No shame in coming up short to BP... arguably no super hero movie can really match it in terms of what it actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It is pretty common in all action films

much easier to hide stuff.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The infuriating thing about WW was that they literally had a better ending in their hands then dropped it fot a big stupid CGI fight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, Wonder Woman was REALLY REALLY good. But it has it's flaws. Just comparing Ares to Killmonger will show you why one is getting more props than the other.

But again, WW was great. No shame in coming up short to BP... arguably no super hero movie can really match it in terms of what it actually did.

Ares and Killmonger were not the best villains, but this is the last 20 minutes of black panther. Wonder Woman wins here.

I can't believe this movie is the first best picture comic movie. so much credibility has been lost for comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    Ares and Killmonger were not the best villains, but this is the last 20 minutes of black panther. Wonder Woman wins here.
    No, that is 3 minutes. and only the first 30 seconds of it are "bad"

I can't believe this movie is the first best picture comic movie. so much credibility has been lost for comic books.
    How do you lose credibility being nominated for best picture? That doesn't make any sense.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It'll probably win in the technical categories.
    The fact that all its other nominations are in technical categories probably means that it won't win Best Picture. It's nice to be nominated, but typically Best Picture nominees are accompanied by nominations for Best Director and/or Best Writing (of some kind).

P.S. My heart would want Black Panther to win, but my mind would ask, "C'mon, really? Against THAT lineup?"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    How do you lose credibility being nominated for best picture? That doesn't make any sense.
    The hate boner is strong.
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-22-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    P.S. My heart would want Black Panther to win, but my mind would ask, "C'mon, really? Against THAT lineup?"
    Same. I'm happy that a cape movie got a nom, especially this particular movie, but as much as I enjoyed it I wouldn't have thought it was Best Picture worthy. (Doubly so for WW, which was good but way more flawed.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    typically Best Picture nominees are accompanied by nominations for Best Director and/or Best Writing (of some kind).

Brilliantly spotted. I was immediately called a hater for saying the same thing. the movie not be accompanied by Best Director , best actor/actress and/or Best Writing means it cannot be a best picture contender.. its like trying to finish a relay race when the first baton was never handed to the second runner. there wont be a last runner to bring it home and win aka the best picture.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is pretty common in all action films

much easier to hide stuff.
    Indeed. In the first Pacific Rim movie, all the fight scenes between the Jaegers and Kaiju were conveniently at night.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post

Ah so your high, neat.

'Cause WW could of had a poignant ending about the nature of humanity and that we wage war because of complex reasons that boil down to "We're shitty" and that could tie into the nature of WW as an ambassador of peace and love. Instead we get a dumb CGI fight.

BP had bad CGI but got its core message across well.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Black Panther was a better movie. Makes sense.
    Not better. Just more woke.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Definitely cheaper to do CG in the darker. It can hide any imperfections that way
    Also the fireballs of huge explosion and lighting blasts show up better against a dark background.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Not better. Just more woke.

Also the fireballs of huge explosion and lighting blasts show up better against a dark background.
    Again, the story holds together better.