Page 688 of 744 FirstFirst ... 188588638678684685686687688689690691692698738 ... LastLast
Results 10,306 to 10,320 of 11160
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I've been playing around with this opening sequence in my head: Two weapons dealers are trying to by some Vibranium or Wakandan tech off the black market. A man and a woman. They can be whatever race. The trade off is supposed to happen in some disclosed location between the two parties. Something goes south, the exchange turns violent, a fight and chase ensue, eventually spilling over into a populated area. The two dealers eventually succeed and capture both the assets and the other guys. Suddenly we hear Shuri's voice over comms. The two dealers deactivate their hologram disguises and they're T'Challa and Nakia. Opening title card.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And you make the MCU and MU resemble the real world, because it allows you to tell more relatable stories. Part of what made Killmonger so cool is that he had a point. He wasn't right per say... but his character was far more fleshed out than 99% of the comic book villains you see in movies, and a part of that stems from incorporating elements of social and historical struggles into his own personal struggle.
    I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm not saying racism or whatever shouldn't exist in the MCU or MU. I'm saying the world in both universes should no longer feel the same because Wakanda exists and they've been interacting with the rest of the world in several ways. In the MU this is hardly touched upon because Wakanda is still so secretive and isolationist, and most writers haven't made them matter in the grand scheme of things. For instance in the Watchmen TV series gas powered cars no longer exist because Dr Manhattan created lithium powered cars (at least in America). That's a small change that shows how different the world is because he exists. Those are the kind of changes I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm not saying racism or whatever shouldn't exist in the MCU or MU. I'm saying the world in both universes should no longer feel the same because Wakanda exists and they've been interacting with the rest of the world in several ways. In the MU this is hardly touched upon because Wakanda is still so secretive and isolationist, and most writers haven't made them matter in the grand scheme of things. For instance in the Watchmen TV series gas powered cars no longer exist because Dr Manhattan created lithium powered cars (at least in America). That's a small change that shows how different the world is because he exists. Those are the kind of changes I'm talking about.
    Realistically those sort of changes don't happen overnight. I'm sure we'll see advances in the government and military, but a far as the average person on the street that would likely be a decade or away if not more. We might see more of an effect in some story in the future like Days of Future Past or whatever... but movies in the present time wouldn't really see any sort of difference this quickly on the street level of things.
    Last edited by XPac; 12-03-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Interesting, so you're saying things like let's see that there's a corresponding jump in technology and industry from the regions in the immediate area of Wakanda as they start to open up to the world starting with Africa? An in universe shift of importance, with real world progression toward being a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Now, that's a nice theory. Gives a bit of tension, without going the whole "Wakanda is being invaded!" angle. Again.
    I mean, if you want to go full african James Bond with it, you could easily.

bad guy makes doomsday weapon with Wakandan tech. t'chadwick bond must take it out.

(I don't know how you would make this "deep" btw, just saying)

Speaking of "wakanda being invaded" thing, you can also add "wakanda going to war.

Wakanda went to war, with Thanos forces, twice.

I mean, SWAD is my favorites tory ever, and even I would welcome a break from Yibambe at this point lol. You can't "outdo" a Thanos invasion to that scale.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 12-03-2019 at 08:32 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

bad guy makes doomsday weapon with Wakandan tech. t'chadwick bond must take it out.

Speaking of "wakanda being invaded" thing, you can also add "wakanda going to war.

Wakanda went to war, with Thanos forces, twice.

I mean, SWAD is my favorites tory ever, and even I would welcome a break from Yibambe at this point lol. You can't "outdo" a Thanos invasion to that scale.
    Secret Empire. Big brain bad guy(A.I.M) gets Wakandan tech/vibranium, tries to destroy U.S. city and blame Wakanda. BP must stop the bomb and bad guy to save NYC and prevent war.

He can partner with a C-list hero in NY. Too bad Silver Sable is with Sony.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I personally dislike the five year gap of the Blip. Feels like way too much time and it only benefitted Tony's journey during that time because he gets a five year old kid that's still young but old enough to have dialogue and feel a lot more worth fighting for. Everything else doesn't make much sense and there's way too much off screen character development during that time. Nat conveniently finds Clint, everyone finally sees Thor for what he is, and Scott escapes the QR without aging (even though he should have because Janet aged) all after exactly five years (thanks to a rat of all things). All of the immediate effects of the Blip are skipped over too.

Five years of Wakanda having no king, no princess, plus a significant portion of the population gone feels like a lot of baggage Coogler has to deal with that he didn't ask for. It wouldn't surprise me if that's part of the reason why it's taken him a bit long to get started. There's a lot that could have happened between those five years, especially when Coogler didn't get to do anything with Wakanda being open to the rest of the world (considering Infinity War takes place two years after Black Panther). And if he does choose to ignore of that I personally would be okay with it, but it'll just feel empty. Like the Blip meant nothing to them.

I honestly don't know why Markus, McFeely and the Russos didn't just use a year or two. That would have been enough.
    This video points out those issues. That decision still bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Realistically those sort of changes don't happen overnight. I'm sure we'll see advances in the government and military, but a far as the average person on the street that would likely be a decade or away if not more. We might see more of an effect in some story in the future like Days of Future Past or whatever... but movies in the present time wouldn't really see any sort of difference this quickly on the street level of things.
    The problem in the MU is that they insist on being "The world outside your window" so, despite the fact that the world knows aliens exist, and there are actual ambassadors to not only other planets but other DIMENSIONS... things still look pretty much the same.

It's too early to say whether the MCU will try the same thing, but FAR FROM HOME suggests that things have not changed that much, post-Blip.

You could borrow a page from the original IRON MAN film, actually. Say a terrorist organization (ULTIMATUM?) does something nasty. Forensic analysis indicates the bomb used Wakandan tech. Now T'Challa has to not only defeat the bad guys, but also dodge questions of how the tech got there in the first place.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I've been playing around with this opening sequence in my head: Two weapons dealers are trying to by some Vibranium or Wakandan tech off the black market. A man and a woman. They can be whatever race. The trade off is supposed to happen in some disclosed location between the two parties. Something goes south, the exchange turns violent, a fight and chase ensue, eventually spilling over into a populated area. The two dealers eventually succeed and capture both the assets and the other guys. Suddenly we hear Shuri's voice over comms. The two dealers deactivate their hologram disguises and they're T'Challa and Nakia. Opening title card.
    I think this is where Infinity War/Endgame taking place after the first BP movie sort of stunted its creative process.

Because if they didn't have to wrap everything up before Infinity War (Black Panther was really just a film to set up a 3rd act set piece for Infinity War if we're being honest)

you could have had Killmonger theoretically "win" even more with some weapons getting out. Then just have T'Challa/Nakia actively seeking out to recover those weapons in the sequel.

Homecoming's handling of the blip was so meh that I think a lot of MCU directors are trying to work around it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Secret Empire. Big brain bad guy(A.I.M) gets Wakandan tech/vibranium, tries to destroy U.S. city and blame Wakanda. BP must stop the bomb and bad guy to save NYC and prevent war.

He can partner with a C-list hero in NY. Too bad Silver Sable is with Sony.

This is pretty good but who does AIM have that could be a good match up villain wise for MCU T’challa.

Super adaptiod or gravitron? They could use B'Tumba again as a lead in.

You could borrow a page from the original IRON MAN film, actually. Say a terrorist organization (ULTIMATUM?) does something nasty. Forensic analysis indicates the bomb used Wakandan tech. Now T'Challa has to not only defeat the bad guys, but also dodge questions of how the tech got there in the first place.
    while conspiracy theorists/racists/ect thinks wakanda did it on purpose.

What if Wakanda tried to help the world... but the world powers say "no" and push back.

Plus, mission impossible/james bond type story lines allow for large casts to do more than one thing. Okoye lead strike team goes to XYZ, Shuri responsible for de-arming weapons(s) and coordinating tech, T'challa goes after the main threat himself, M'baku ends up having to defend the borders of Wakanda (this is where Wkabi heroic sacrifice comes in lol), Ross is trying to stop the CIA from going into Wakanda themselves, ect ect

Hell, the "T'challa goes after main threat" could even be not even a "punch bad guy" thing. It could be a diplomatic type thing (meeting with world leaders/powers), press conference type thing, 1v1 conversation type thing with Achebe, ect

So while T'challa "talks/threatens/does king ****" it is overlayed and interspersed by his team(s) accomplishing the mission. So similar to Holmes/Moriaty in the second movie type of thing

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by CCSlim View Post
    This is pretty good but who does AIM have that could be a good match up villain wise for MCU T’challa.

Super adaptiod or gravitron? They could use B'Tumba again as a lead in.
    Andrew Forsom or Moses Magnum as the big brains. I like the Super Adaptoid idea.

This could also be the opportunity for the BP version of the Sinister Six to be introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Andrew Forsom or Moses Magnum as the big brains. I like the Super Adaptoid idea.

This could also be the opportunity for the BP version of the Sinister Six to be introduced.
    you can call the anti-Wakanda tech group thing the Desturi if you wanted, instead of AIM

The problem in the MU is that they insist on being "The world outside your window" so, despite the fact that the world knows aliens exist, and there are actual ambassadors to not only other planets but other DIMENSIONS... things still look pretty much the same.

It's too early to say whether the MCU will try the same thing, but FAR FROM HOME suggests that things have not changed that much, post-Blip.

Honesty I think it's better that in large part everything looks pretty much the same regardless of alien invasions or whatever. It can certainly be referenced ... we see alien tech in Luke Cage for example. But I don't think aliens necessarily need to be a larger part of the narrative than that. Not everyone who watched Punisher necessarily watched Captain Marvel, so having Kree and Skrulls show up or even discussed might be kinda jarring.

The snap is pretty difficult to ignore for any show taking place in the MCU without a lot of suspension of belief, but in general I think you can get away with only certain shows incorporating the more cosmic level stuff into their narrative.

you can call the anti-Wakanda tech group thing the Desturi if you wanted, instead of AIM
    Make Moses Magnum leader of the Desturi with Achebe plotting behind the scenes.

Somebody Go Fund this thing so we can get it made!