View Poll Results: Happy with All New Marvel?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

99 46.05%
  • No

116 53.95%
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
    Incredible Member

Default About that Amazing crack...

Quote Originally Posted by White_Panther View Post
    No they don't, cap's a nazi, logan is still dead (oml ain't the original wolverine), hulk is dead, Thor's comic is still a long way ahead and, right now, there's only shethor, and the x-men are pretty much unrecognizable. The only one in that list i can give a pass is spider-man, but then again he now needs the adjective amazing, because miles morales is pushed by bmb as "the only spider-man". And before you throw the race/sex/orientation card at me, you should probably ask yourself "has anyone brought race/sex/orientation to the table as a critique?"

Who is the guy in your example?

Yeah an none of the comics you listed lasted long, apart for spawn, even falcon was a bust before he became captain america, give him the shield and... instant fame (just add water).

And speaking of spawn, anyone remember the outrage when he was swapped with a white dude? Was it ironic or hypocritical?
    Um,...btw,THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN has ALWAYS BEEN THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. The adjective was used as Peter Parker/Spider Man debuted in AMAZING FANTASY #15! (August,1962) He's also been known as SENSATIONAL ,SPECTACULAR,etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Um,...btw,THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN has ALWAYS BEEN THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. The adjective was used as Peter Parker/Spider Man debuted in AMAZING FANTASY #15! (August,1962) He's also been known as SENSATIONAL ,SPECTACULAR,etc.
    Oh, sure but, do tell me, who's the protagonist of the book spider-man (no adjective)? Answer, not anyone i recognize as spider-man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Static had 44 issues in volume one

Luke Cage had 50 and then 75 with Iron Fist & another 20

Black Panther has 62 & 44 during his 11 year run

New Mutants went 100

Generation X 75

Avenger Academy 33

New X-Men 45

New Warriors had 75 in volume one.

A collection of original characters of color on various team books.

I did not bring it to the table.

From the outside looking in-it's SUSPECT that the collection of characters being trashed and bashed in the collection of complaint threads are non white straight males.

It is SUSPECT that Peter & Steve got replaced by white guys and nobody went nuts-yet Peter gets a little black brother and Falcon take over-we got an issue.

It is SUSPECT to see folks saying their reading enjoyment is being hindered by books they are NOT reading. Moon Girl, Spider Gwen nor Ms Marvel are at the comic book store stealing your favorite books.

It is SUSPECT to see folks claim there is no Steve Rogers book because of Falcon yet there is a Steve Rogers book being published. The TITLE says STEVE ROGERS. Falcon has no control over what that book is about even if he gave Steve his shield-that story does not change that Nazi story line.

Theses threads are opening the door for race/sex/orientation cards to be tossed. It is one thing for me to have a comment IF I read those books.

It's another if I have not or have not been reading Marvel for 20-30 years and leading the complaint charge.

Have an issue take it up with the folks in charge.

Because removing the "offensive" books will not story the X-Men being dumped on nor rich Peter Parker nor Hail Hydra Steve nor bring back Bruce Banner.
    You didn't answer my question, who's this guy in the example you made earlier? Is it some kind of generalization about the old guard? Someone you know personally? Are you referring to me?

When people write that kind of things i always like to know if it's a real example or just a strawman pulled out of the....hat.... to spark a flame.

Quote Originally Posted by White_Panther View Post
    You didn't answer my question, who's this guy in the example you made earlier? Is it some kind of generalization about the old guard? Someone you know personally? Are you referring to me?

When people write that kind of things i always like to know if it's a real example or just a strawman pulled out of the....hat.... to spark a flame.
    He was merely expanding on a theme you introduced. Your 'irony' argument was itself nonspecific rhetoric with a self conscious barb attached. All he is doing is using your line of reasoning and expanding upon it as an extension of your rhetorical gambit.

To take it back to the beginning you may laugh at a perceived irony but many of us just don't perceive it in the same way you do.

When it comes right down to it Marvel are diversifying their line in a way that they see fit. They have that right. They are not doing it to annoy people, they are trying to make money.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Lando Calrissian, Poe Damaron, Princess Leia, yeah Star Wars comics are all white and male aren't they?
    Plus Finn,and most of the cast of Rogue 1