View Poll Results: Who are your favorite 'buddy teams'?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman/Superman

70 37.04%
  • Flash/Green Lantern

50 26.46%
  • Green Lantern/Green Arrow

39 20.63%
  • Green Arrow/Black Canary

31 16.40%
  • Hawkman/Atom

12 6.35%
  • Blue Beetle/Booster Gold

71 37.57%
  • Fire/Ice

20 10.58%
  • Huntress/Power Girl

21 11.11%
  • Robin (Grayson)/Batgirl (Gordon)

23 12.17%
  • Changeling (Beast Boy)/Cyborg

22 11.64%
  • Other

28 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Superbuds

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Why wouldn't you believe it, they were the original superhero buddy team, aka World's Finest.

Wasn't that an anthology book with a Superman story and an unrelated Batman story, rather than an actual team-up book?

Glorious high five though.

Yeah the actual crossovers didn't start regularly till like issue 70/71?
    Still the covers conveyed the duo together, and their teaming became a staple of DC
    Cue argument ...but weren't they a trio.
    Point was DC has made much of Batman/Superman, while the pairing of Flash/Green Lantern as indicated is often neglected.
    Hence my question Is the popularity of the World's Finest (over Flash/Green Lantern) really a big surprise?.
    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    can't believe
    batman and superman has now passed flash/gl.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Glorious high five though.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-11-2019 at 05:41 AM.

Can't believe Tim Drake/Conner Kent wasn't a listed option.

Also vote for Booster/Beetle and Fire/Ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    I was going to go with Ted and Booster but then I saw Changeling/Cyborg and remembered how much I loved the Vic and Gar chemistry and how sad it is that it's no longer in continuity.
    Hopefully rebirth fixes this.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 08-31-2017 at 07:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Can't believe Tim Drake/Conner Kent wasn't a listed option.
    This is a poll about duos, and having those two without Bart would be a travesty. (Outside of the s**t Teen Titans book, Kon and Tim were never any closer with each other than they were with Bart.)

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    This is a poll about duos, and having those two without Bart would be a travesty. (Outside of the s**t Teen Titans book, Kon and Tim were never any closer with each other than they were with Bart.)
    So if someone wasn't a fan of JLI then Beetle/Booster shouldn't be listed by that logic?

Tim and Conner were as tight as anyone on the list. You might not like the book/stories it happened in but they were.

And while we're on the subject I'd have also voted for Bart/Max.

Not often celebrated, an unusual Duo I'd love to see more of, who once shared a comic in Weird Western are Jonah Hex / El Diablo.

Kind of a as a grim supernatural Wold's Finest of the Old West.

World's UnreFINEdEST?
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-14-2017 at 07:46 AM.

Let's not forget one of the most beautiful friendship from DC :

Green-Lantern-and-The-Flash-psd50614.jpg

Flash and Green Lantern. Hard to think of it as a novel concept now, but when Flash and GL came out in the late 50s and proved successful, DC basically said, "Okay, now let's put them together with Superman and Batman. Maybe that will work!"

No love for Hawk & Dove

DC has for ever been trying to make this once Ditko created duo happen.
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-04-2019 at 10:59 AM.

I voted for Ollie/Hal because I read the description in the OP which was "buddy cop" as opposed to just "buddy teams", which to me is different because in my mind the "buddy cop" dynamic has to have an element of friction where they don't always get along - especially not at first - because of their differences. That's neither here nor there, just thought it'd be interesting to comment on those shades of difference...

Er, probably not too surprising to anybody who's ever so much as looked at my avatar that I've got a favorite character, and that most of my favorite buddy team-ups revolve around him. Rather than just voting for Superman and Batman though, I think unfortunately that bromance, while still viable, has been chipped away at enough that people's first thoughts about the two of them isn't what good friends they are, but how frequently they fight. I want to point out how delightful the end of the Snyder and Whedon film Justice League was in regard to treating them as friends again, what with Bruce buying the bank that foreclosed on Martha's house so she could move back in. That said, I'd rather emphasize some other Super-Friendships along the way.

When I was a kid, I always felt like Kal and John Henry were best friends. Probably helped that I saw the folk hero John Henry as sort of a Superman figure anyway. As I got older, I saw they didn't team up nearly as often as I thought they should, but I still feel like they belong on the list:

Similarly, Clark / Kal's friendship with Jimmy Olsen is a great one, though like the Bat-Friendship, under-emphasized since the Crisis. Unlike Bruce, it's not that there relationship was ever really portrayed in a way that contradicts their long standing friendship, Jimmy just seriously needs more screen-time in general.

And I also love these guys. I have no idea why Kal-El and Lar Gand's bromance in particular isn't more emphasized.

I mean heck, their relationship is that they regard each other as brothers, but for whatever reason - perhaps because they're so similar that writers figured using them both in the same part of a Legion story would be like having two Velmas solving a mystery - they don't interact nearly as much as I think they should! I've got a pitch for a series where Jon, Kon, and Mon-El are all on a team called "Superboys" that could easily have Kal as a recurring guest star... hit me up, DC!

And then of course, there's this underrated friendship:

I know it's common wisdom to think of Bruce as being like a father to Dick, but for a long time now I've thought of them as more like brothers. And of course, if your buddy has a really cool younger brother, you're going to be buddies with them too. I think that explains a lot of Kal's cordial interaction with Dick over the years! Not to mention, they're close enough that Dick is actually a legacy character not only to Batman, but to Superman too, since Kal was "the first Nightwing" in the Bottle City of Kandor!

... I also think Jimmy should try and fail to be Flamebird with Dick for a case or two. I think it'd be fun to watch.
    Last edited by Adekis; 02-04-2019 at 11:24 AM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

goodness. i'm amazed old threads like this get to resurface back. how does one find them?

so i'm torn between hal and barry and ollie, with ted and booster.

Tim/Kon for me, though I voted BB/Cyborg.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Not often celebrated, an unusual Duo I'd love to see more of, who once shared a comic in Weird Western are Jonah Hex / El Diablo.

Kind of a as a grim supernatural Wold's Finest of the Old West.

World's UnreFINEdEST?
    What's the story with El Diao's eyes? Wby are they on fire?