Page 106 of 207 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Where did you found this?

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    An that's all there is to it. If anyone says otherwise are they really x-men fans? because those movies put a lot of great characters in the back seat.
    We're not gonna devolve into "real fan" gatekeeping, are we?

You can be an X-Men fan and enjoy these movies. 'Nuff said.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post

On the same note, you can criticize these movies and not be an MCU fanboy/girl.

or vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post

You can be a X-men fan like these movies BUT I think it is fair to question how can you be a fan of the X-men comics,X-men stories and X-men subject matter and not have a negative perception of something done to X-men franchise.

Pretty much

Like, if one truly loves the source material and the fundamental elements that make the x-men, the group of characters that they are. Should be hard-pressed for that person to believe that the movies did a good job with fleshing out creations like Storm, Kitty, Colossus, Juggernaut, Bobby, Rogue...etc or the villains on the big screen. After 10 films and not be massively disappointed with the lack of attention to detail or much growth towards establishing the dynamics of the comics at its core. Or in a more consistent way, along with giving more of the core members more screen time and allow the complex reality of the whole team to shine through, instead of just two or three members. I mean the films were super Logan heavy overall and that's not his role in truth.

I guess to me at least. The Fox's version haven't really screamed X-men ensemble films, since X2. And of course most people were/would be hyped to see the adaptions of their favorite comic, but under a micro scope you can see the huge flaws. In doing the team justice, let alone bigger plot lines. Now no adaption can be one-to-one, but Fox never found the balance and just went with the easy route instead imo.

Hopefully the MCU can find that balance with such a large roster even after Avengers. Because they got lots to learn from in regards of the direction.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 05-31-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Where did you found this?

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Pretty much

Like, if one truly loves the source material and the fundamental elements that make the x-men, the group of characters that they are. Should be hard-pressed for that person to believe that the movies did a good job with fleshing out creations like Storm, Kitty, Colossus, Juggernaut, Bobby, Rogue...etc or the villains on the big screen. After 10 films and not be massively disappointed with the lack of attention to detail or much growth towards establishing the dynamics of the comics at its core. Or in a more consistent way, along with giving more of the core members more screen time and allow the complex reality of the whole team to shine through, instead of just two or three members. I mean the films were super Logan heavy overall and that's not his role in truth.

I guess to me at least. The Fox's version haven't really screamed X-men ensemble films, since X2. And of course most people were/would be hyped to see the adaptions of their favorite comic, but under a micro scope you can see the huge flaws. In doing the team justice, let alone bigger plot lines. Now no adaption can be one-to-one, but Fox never found the balance and just went with the easy route instead imo.

Hopefully the MCU can find that balance with such a large roster even after Avengers. Because they got lots to learn from regards of the direction.
    Yeah, I don’t even care about them adapting comic book stories. The films should be adapting the strong themes and characters of the X-Men, and they’ve hobbled themselves repeatedly by using Logan as a POV character in what ought to be an ensemble, or recently jumping ahead a decade each film, but leaving no time to introduce and develop the characters.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    On the same note, you can criticize these movies and not be an MCU fanboy/girl.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you, and I've been both a proponent and a critic of both the XCU and MCU, as they both have their advantages and disadvantages.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    This is just delightful. Definitely something I can see Jean Grey doing to make learning fun.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Yeah this scene pretty much sold my ticket...

I've been really negative about this movie because of the casting and the visuals, the choices...BUT they have been really targeting me with good lines and good acting ugh. I feel like theyre hiding the messy parts of the movie and its working

Kinberg on why no Hellfire Club or Lilandra https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2...mic-storyline/

Yeah I'll catch this when on Demand or something.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

So if I understood correctly Jean isn't going to have her fiery form from the first teases???
    No phoenix costume at all or anything similar?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This is just delightful. Definitely something I can see Jean Grey doing to make learning fun.
    I also like that Jean is speaking a lot about "Fate". I feel like the writing have definitely honed in on this aspect of her characterization from the comics.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Kinberg on why no Hellfire Club or Lilandra https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2...mic-storyline/

Yeah I'll catch this when on Demand or something.
    The telling moment in all of that is that he said if he had 4 hrs and remembering this was supposed to be a two parter.