Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Waid/Samnee for a Hank Pym solo or bust!!!!!

So... with what happened in the Iron Man book (not going to spoil anything really) I got to thinking... with all the different merging involved, there's next to no way they will leave it at that permanently. What if by the end of the arc they find a way to defuse those who have been fused together, and they try it with Pymtron (to defeat him or out of a sudden goodness of the heart that the characters haven't shown up to now) only to realize the unfused product is an Ultron unit and a soul-less, thus comatose Hank? That could pave the way for a "Finding Pym" kind of story IMO.

I don't know, I felt like there were so many continuity errors in the IM issue, this would be an interesting twist to actually acknowledge what the other writers had done before.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Waid/Samnee for a Hank Pym solo or bust!!!!!
    ^^^^ this

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

I really like Christos Gage's Hank. He wrote the character fantastically in his Avengers Academy run.

If Waid and Samnee did an Ant-Man book, I would want it to be an Ant-Man and Wasp book with Nadia as the Wasp.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I really like Christos Gage's Hank. He wrote the character fantastically in his Avengers Academy run.

If Waid and Samnee did an Ant-Man book, I would want it to be an Ant-Man and Wasp book with Nadia as the Wasp.
    I was against the character of Nadia at first for several reasons, such as bringing her out as Hank was killed, it reeked of movie synergy, and there was already a Wasp who should have had more exposure, but I can't help but wonder now what it would be like if Hank came back and learned about Nadia's existence. The interactions between the two would be interesting. The way it's going right now, I feel that Nadia would actually be the only one interested in saving Hank, as spoilers:
    in Iron Man we learn that both Janet and Tony actually hate him, and contrary to prior continuity, seem to have been hating him for a long time
    end of spoilers

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

They don't hate Hank. They said mean things about Hank they don't mean to upset the android wearing him like a flesh suit.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I was against the character of Nadia at first for several reasons, such as bringing her out as Hank was killed, it reeked of movie synergy, and there was already a Wasp who should have had more exposure, but I can't help but wonder now what it would be like if Hank came back and learned about Nadia's existence. The interactions between the two would be interesting. The way it's going right now, I feel that Nadia would actually be the only one interested in saving Hank, as spoilers:
    in Iron Man we learn that both Janet and Tony actually hate him, and contrary to prior continuity, seem to have been hating him for a long time
    end of spoilers
    I was a bit iffy on her at first, but I quickly grew to like her as she is a great (and surprisingly complex) character. I honestly don't mind the movie synergy this time as she is clearly a different character than the MCU Hope Van Dyne and the way she was integrated into the Ant-Man, Avengers and overall Marvel universe mythology was fantastically well done. She is also a WAY better character than the MCU Hope Van Dyne.

The interactions between them would be really interesting as they would have A LOT to talk about and plenty of similarities and differences to make them work off each other well.

They actually hinted at Nadia meeting Pymtron at the end of Nadia's last series (but it did not go anywhere)
    Last edited by KC; 09-18-2019 at 07:49 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Mighty Member

So... with what happened in the Iron Man book (not going to spoil anything really) I got to thinking... with all the different merging involved, there's next to no way they will leave it at that permanently. What if by the end of the arc they find a way to defuse those who have been fused together, and they try it with Pymtron (to defeat him or out of a sudden goodness of the heart that the characters haven't shown up to now) only to realize the unfused product is an Ultron unit and a soul-less, thus comatose Hank? That could pave the way for a "Finding Pym" kind of story IMO.

I don't know, I felt like there were so many continuity errors in the IM issue, this would be an interesting twist to actually acknowledge what the other writers had done before.
    It's a nice thought, but given how long they've let Pymtron just do whatever, a save Hank arc would seem disingenuous at this point( At least for these characters). I like Slott, I like his Mighty Avengers, I don't have high hopes for this arc. His interviews align with everyone else who has written pymtron thus far, so I'm really just expecting more of the same. I suspect that it is easier to know what to do with Pymtron as a villain than Hank as a hero, because you don't really need to make room for a villain on a team or in a book. They can just show up whenever.

I do genuinely hope they keep it in continuity, though, and acknowledge that Pymtron is soulless, because the Pym bit of Pymtron in this instance is very unflattering. I definitely preferred Ultron's Pym half in Secret Empire. It was actually the only thing I liked about Secret Empire.

Didn't his soul get consumed in Infinity Warps or whatever? That storyline seems totally out of Iron Man and Janet's element.

Although I do like the idea of the fusion being reversed only to leave Ultron and a lifeless corpse.

Mighty Member

I did look in the solicitation thread
    spoilers:
    On the Incoming poster Ultron is depicted, not Pymtron. Oh my, is the nightmare finally over? Did Slott actually pull through? I may have never been so wrong so quickly
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post

Evil. Pure Evil.

Last thing we need is a 4th Wasp title starring Nadia as the Wasp.

Evne the idea is disgusting at this point. They don't have a single non one-shot Wasp book with Janet leading. How much more lead Nadia content do you need to realize her having her own books is seriously screwing over Janet. She should be in team books and supporting roles for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Evil. Pure Evil.

Last thing we need is a 4th Wasp title starring Nadia as the Wasp.

Evne the idea is disgusting at this point. They don't have a single non one-shot Wasp book with Janet leading. How much more lead Nadia content do you need to realize her having her own books is seriously screwing over Janet. She should be in team books and supporting roles for some time now.
    I must have missed the 3rd Wasp title starring Nadia as the Wasp. When did that occur? Are you referring to the Waid mini with Scott Lang Ant-Man?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I must have missed the 3rd Wasp title starring Nadia as the Wasp. When did that occur? Are you referring to the Waid mini with Scott Lang Ant-Man?
    Yes. It might seem insignificant but Janet has never been in an Ant-Man and the Wasp mini. Plus that book led Nadia to be promoted over Janet during that relaunch. Fresh Start was it?

Hank was in History of the Marvel Unvierse #3 btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Yes. It might seem insignificant but Janet has never been in an Ant-Man and the Wasp mini.
    she was in the story with Scott.