Page 6 of 308 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that Marvel doesn't have a problem with Peter x Mary Jane together. It's the writer. Thus, I feel that Slott should make MJ x Pedro ride off into the sunset for the timebeing until another writer wants to put them back together again.

And the reason why everyone was so clueless about SSM is because the Editors allowed Slott full reign on the story.
    If they didn't have a problem wither Peter and MJ being together, then OMD would never have happened in the first place.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    If they didn't have a problem wither Peter and MJ being together, then OMD would never have happened in the first place.
    True. (10 chars)

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I loved the 90s animated Spider Man show. I like the pair Mary Jane and Peter, I started reading amazing spider man #1, hope they won't be so much time apart
    That was the cartoon series that got me interested in comics so I'll always have a soft spot for MJ and Peter being together for that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMacQuarrie1 View Post

Of course, I don't think that this would simply be a case of "Give her powers, the stories would be great." I think that there is potential for it to be good, but a lot of potential for it to be bad. It would definitely have to be handled carefully, with a clear beginning, middle and end. But I feel that if done right, this could add a lot of drama and complication to Peter's life. I'd like the idea of Peter being torn apart over the notion that the person he cares about the most is putting her life on the line, and subjecting herself to the same danger he finds himself in on a regular basis, and feeling that he ruined another person's life, the same way he "ruined" Harry or Flash's.
    I remember during Spider Island there was a topic about whether or not MJ would make a good super hero which led briefly to speculation that she was Scarlet Spider - which of course turned out to be Kaine and of course she got cured.

As for whether or not it'd be a good idea. I agree that there's potential for it to go bad or good, depending on how they do it. Wouldn't necessarily want her to have Spider powers as that might be too obvious and plus there's plenty of Spider Ladies around. I'd certainly give it a chance though I'm not holding my breath that it'll happen, in fact I'd be shocked if it did happen as I think Spider Island was the closest we'll get to seeing it in the mainstream universe at least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Watch them reveal Pedro is really a Hydra agent or something.

(Hail Hydra! )
    Joking aside, I doubt Pedro will be shown to be a bad person in the end. I feel his arc will be similar to John Jameson's arc in Spider-Man 2- the nice guy who MJ dates for a while before "realizing" her feelings for Peter. Either he'll want to take their relationship to the next level, which causes MJ to reevaluate her relationship with him and what she wants. Or he'll realize that she's not invested in the relationship and breaks it off from her.

Either way, I don't think Pedro is going to be shown to be a heel. He'll just be used to show how much MJ loves Peter by sacrificing her relationship with the "perfect guy" to go back to Peter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    OMD was Joe Quesada's brainchild. But Slott isn't interested in putting Peter and Mary Jane together. He should seriously consider using Jennifer Walter's human side in Peter's social circles whenever she's around him in their civilian outings.

It's actually pretty surprising that Peter and MJ haven't gotten back together again. What's even more surprising is that there doesn't seem to be any hint that they will in the near future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    It's actually pretty surprising that Peter and MJ haven't gotten back together again. What's even more surprising is that there doesn't seem to be any hint that they will in the near future.
    Not really. I mean, I have my theories, but I don't think there is no hint they'll get back together in the future. MJ seems to be displayed pretty prominently in advertisements for upcoming issues (that we've seen). So I doubt they'd have her in the book and not ship tease her and Peter.

I think it's a combination of two things- One is due to their breakup, Marvel would probably want to make their reunion the centerpiece of a major story that they can really promote. The second is that the creative party on the book may not be that interested in hooking them up, so is putting their relationship on the back burner and having it as a slow burn that he plans to have boil over at some point. Look how long he took to set up Superior.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    As long as Slott is the sole writer for Spider-Man, I doubt that he'll do a Peter x MJ reunion anytime soon for the foreseeable future. He might as well admit that Peter Parker should not be dating a supermodel. I say he should write her out of the story and replace her with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMacQuarrie1 View Post
    Joking aside, I doubt Pedro will be shown to be a bad person in the end. I feel his arc will be similar to John Jameson's arc in Spider-Man 2- the nice guy who MJ dates for a while before "realizing" her feelings for Peter. Either he'll want to take their relationship to the next level, which causes MJ to reevaluate her relationship with him and what she wants. Or he'll realize that she's not invested in the relationship and breaks it off from her.

Either way, I don't think Pedro is going to be shown to be a heel. He'll just be used to show how much MJ loves Peter by sacrificing her relationship with the "perfect guy" to go back to Peter.
    Yeah, I think coming face to face with Mayday in Spider-Verse will make MJ reexamine how much she will be missing out on if her future is not with Peter (I know Mayday is not from the future 616 but still).

Speaking of whom, it would be hilarious if Mayday pulled a Marty McFly and tried to reconcile Peter and MJ, only for Pedro's perfectness constantly thwarting her diabolical plans.

Amazing Member

As long as Slott is the sole writer for Spider-Man, I doubt that he'll do a Peter x MJ reunion anytime soon for the foreseeable future. He might as well admit that Peter Parker should not be dating a supermodel. I say he should write her out of the story and replace her with someone else.
    Everytime they have tried to write Mary Jane out of the books they have been forced to bring her back because the fans lose their minds over it. You can only tick your fans off so many times before your sales drop and Marvel says okay time for someone else to write this book. I am not saying Slott is in danger of that happening to him right now but why keep trying to do something you know has failed many times in the past?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I loved the 90s animated Spider Man show. I like the pair Mary Jane and Peter, I started reading amazing spider man #1, hope they won't be so much time apart
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    That was the cartoon series that got me interested in comics so I'll always have a soft spot for MJ and Peter being together for that alone.

Growing up in the 90s, that's how I got involved with Spider-man, I got into the comics in the early 2000s.

So someone asked on Tom Brevoorts's tumblr if a good story pitch was made involving Peter and MJ getting married again, and here was his response.

http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...-that-involved

Heres the answer he gave,
    Anything can be pitched. But I think the odds of us going down that road again, especially with the same characters, is about as close to nil as it could possibly be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    So someone asked on Tom Brevoorts's tumblr if a good story pitch was made involving Peter and MJ getting married again, and here was his response.

http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...-that-involved

Heres the answer he gave,
    Well at least he didn't completely kill the idea off.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qrx2 View Post
    Everytime they have tried to write Mary Jane out of the books they have been forced to bring her back because the fans lose their minds over it. You can only tick your fans off so many times before your sales drop and Marvel says okay time for someone else to write this book. I am not saying Slott is in danger of that happening to him right now but why keep trying to do something you know has failed many times in the past?
    The only reason why so many hook ups with Peter have failed is because the writers were unwilling to use the ones that would work, like Felicia Hardy(Pre-OMD), Betty Brant, Liz Allan, Jennifer Walters, Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, Silver Sable, Black Widow, and Betsy Braddock respectively. I can say that sales would not drop if the writer would choose to use one of the women on this list as an alternate to Mary Jane. The women that the Marvel wants to give to Peter are not interesting; that's the reason why fans do not like it at all. There is nothing wrong with writing MJ out of the series for a short time to allow the respected existing friendships that Peter has to developed.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-15-2014 at 12:16 PM.

The only reason why so many hook ups with Peter have failed is because the writers were unwilling to use the ones that would work, like Felicia Hardy(Pre-OMD), Betty Brant, Liz Allan, Jennifer Walters, Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, Silver Sable, Black Widow, and Betsy Braddock respectively. I can say that sales would not drop if the writer would choose to use one of the women on this list as an alternate to Mary Jane. The women that the Marvel wants to give to Peter are not interesting; that's the reason why fans do not like it at all. There is nothing wrong with writing MJ out of the series for a short time to allow the respected existing friendships that Peter has to developed.
    Thinking about this logically, I think it was Bendis who said he got more notes about Kitty Pryde kissing Star-Lord than anything else from his "Trial of Jean Grey" story in his All-New X-Men run. He also said he got a lot of notes about his Peter X Kitty story from Ultimate Spider-Man.

Clearly the answer to all your problems is Kitty Pryde.