Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

oh dude.. the issue was so tragic, Tony and the glove, and such. I was ALMOST tearing up.. and then 'Where's Namor' had me gasping. Wow... And 'Am I a good man?' I heard that in Capaldi's voice... which isn't a bad voice for Strange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

The Illuminati is severely underpowered if they are going to try and stop the Cabal. Severely.
    I'm still betting Namor has a side play and is going switch sides against the Cabal at the right time. If Hickman would actually write Namor with his normal power levels it would at least make things slightly better now that the team has the Hulk.

A thought: Perhaps Future Hawkeye had Tony go back for the Incursion not for the fight against the Great Society...but to stop the actions that led to the new Cabal being formed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I'm still betting Namor has a side play and is going switch sides against the Cabal at the right time. If Hickman would actually write Namor with his normal power levels it would at least make things slightly better now that the team has the Hulk.

Something will happen with Namor that at least slightly (slightly) redeems him at the end...

right before T'challa kills him.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Funny you should say that in an argument over whether Namor is personally responsible for his own actions.

As for the second part, sure, but none of those would be coupled with a murder charge.
    No it's funny that you ignored that I never said Namor isn't responsible for his actions. Is/Was he not also an Illuminati member?

Again, no one stated that it would lead to that. What I stated was that for whatever part the Warden had to play in the downfall of his prison he would be held accountable.

Not sure how anything I said in that post could be misconstrued.
    Last edited by Trident; 08-20-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Haven't got my comic yet, but shouldn't another incursion be coming in just a few hours if they are supposed to keep coming faster? And if so, can the Cabal go on indefinitely? I mean won't they get fatigued at some point and maybe make a mistake and go to slow? If that is actually what is supposed to happen, would you rather have a pile of bodies (earths) around you that in the end could not be glorified cause, you know, everything died, or would you rather go have a beer, hug a loved one, finally wake up and smell the coffee and flowers, test drive that one car, watch the sunrise or sunset, pet your cat, walk your dog, order your favorite pizza, make love, f@#$ the S#!t out of your partner, a glass of wine, one more attempt to get your bike up that one hill, take up painting, start a charity, crochet.......
    They theoretically might not have to do that in every world. Really, the majority of incursions the Illuminati previously had to handle ended up resolving themselves. And the first world they had to actually blow up themselves was a dead world. So at least based on what the Illuminati had to deal with, they're not necessarily going to have to battle everyone on the planet to get the job done every time.

But if the Incursions are coming back to back endlessly (and I'm not sure that's actually be confirmed or not) then yeah... that's gonna get pretty tiring. But if they alternative is to just lie back and allow the universe to end, I still say do it until you simply can't. And when you can't, try and get someone else to do it. IMO there's no excuse to simply do nothing and quietly allow 2 universes to die.

Something will happen with Namor that at least slightly (slightly) redeems him at the end...

right before T'challa kills him.
    Marvel won't kill off Namor. Something is going to happen that resolve their long standing conflict but neither BP or Namor will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    A thought: Perhaps Future Hawkeye had Tony go back for the Incursion not for the fight against the Great Society...but to stop the actions that led to the new Cabal being formed.
    I'm not sure that's necessarily something that needed to be stopped. If not for the new Cabal the universe would have ended. Two universes.

Marvel won't kill off Namor. Something is going to happen that resolve their long standing conflict but neither BP or Namor will die.

At the beginning of this, people said Marvel wouldn't let their heroes kill a populated world.

Then Hickman had Strange slaughter a JL analogue and Namor blow up a planet.

Then had Namor completely embrace the villain side and blow up another planet while teaming up with Thanos and Co.

You really believe Marvel won't let Namor be killed off?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

At the beginning of this, people said Marvel wouldn't let their heroes kill a populated world.

Then had Namor completely embrace the villain side and blow up another planet while teaming up with Thanos and Co.

I certainly don't think it's completely outside the realm of possibility that Namor will be killed. That said I think it's FAR more likely that he won't die.

If every character who was threatened with death ended up being killed, the marvel universe would be a pretty empty place.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not sure that's necessarily something that needed to be stopped. If not for the new Cabal the universe would have ended. Two universes.
    Sure, the Cabal saved 2 universes but who would you rather have running around? The Illuminati or the Cabal?

I thought at the beginning that Marvel would have them destroy a world. I believe Hickman has said that this is the kind of group that can't stick around forever and that they would implode. At that point, only 1 action could lead to implosion: The death of an entire populated world.

But I think they won't kill Namor off at all. If they do, I'll be surprised but will admit I'm wrong.

Sure, the Cabal saved 2 universes but who would you rather have running around? The Illuminati or the Cabal?

I thought at the beginning that Marvel would have them destroy a world. I believe Hickman has said that this is the kind of group that can't stick around forever and that they would implode. At that point, only 1 action could lead to implosion: The death of an entire populated world.

But I think they won't kill Namor off at all. If they do, I'll be surprised but will admit I'm wrong.
    If the Illuminati are just going to lay down and play dead like they did here, I'd rather have the Cabal.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If the Illuminati are just going to lay down and play dead like they did here, I'd rather have the Cabal.
    If Tony could have kept them together then maybe they would have been different.

Regardless, I think this is the 2nd best arc we've had for NA.

They killed Spider Man. They are going to kill Wolverine.
    I don't see why they couldn't kill Namor too.

What they will never do, of course, is killing him permanently.

If Tony could have kept them together then maybe they would have been different.

Regardless, I think this is the 2nd best arc we've had for NA.
    How could Tony have kept them together?! People started leaving right after it happened.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark