Page 55 of 105 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

In the comics Jean wasn't that powerful before the Phoenix. But with Apocalypse it seemed they were going the original trilogies route that Phoenix was a part of Jean's psyche even the early trailers for Dark Phoenix seem to imply this now it definitely appears the Phoenix is a separate entity. Closer to the source materials but seems to prove Fox never had a set plan from film to film.

BANNED

That was a good thing and Fox. Every movie was treated as an individual movie and not a long thrown out 10 year storyline

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    In the comics Jean wasn't that powerful before the Phoenix. But with Apocalypse it seemed they were going the original trilogies route that Phoenix was a part of Jean's psyche even the early trailers for Dark Phoenix seem to imply this now it definitely appears the Phoenix is a separate entity. Closer to the source materials but seems to prove Fox never had a set plan from film to film.
    In Apocalypse Jean said that it wasn’t any of her mutations but a “dark power”.

Also Hope Summers had a potion of the Phoenix before becoming a true host.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    “Going without Xavier’s consent”? Are the kids supposed to be prisoners?

And I like quite a few of th Fox X-Men movies. But I don’t pretend that they’re something they’re not, either.
    1- No, but at that point Xavier had some legal responsabilities and Scott was STILL discovering his terrible and dangerous power. Without counting Jean... So I'm 100% right.

2- Your opinion. Not universal truth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    1- No, but at that point Xavier had some legal responsabilities and Scott was STILL discovering his terrible and dangerous power. Without counting Jean... So I'm 100% right.

2- Your opinion. Not universal truth.
    1. Xavier's severely slacking on his legal responsibilities if there was no other legal guardian to help keep control of the underage students, then.

2. I'm glad you can admit that saying things like "Cyclops was a badass" and "The Fox X-Men films are TERRIFIC" are opinions and not universal truths.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    1. Xavier's severely slacking on his legal responsibilities if there was no other legal guardian to help keep control of the underage students, then.

2. I'm glad you can admit that saying things like "Cyclops was a badass" and "The Fox X-Men films are TERRIFIC" are opinions and not universal truths.

1- Xavier was concerned about Scott and Jean's powers, and Scott had just been "treated" with the read quartz glasses. It was very dangerous. Even if Xavier wasn't Scott's legal guardian YET, he had moral responsabilities towards him and Alex Summers/Havok (a former X-Man).
    Said that, well, Xavier is not perfect, and he wasn't around. Scott was the rebel of the pack.

2- Even your opposite opinions are not universal truths. Deal with the fact that these movies are loved by many.
    They are gonna reboot the X-Men in 2025, so all "haters" out there can finally be happy --- if that makes someone's life "better" in some ways. LMAO.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 04-17-2019 at 03:22 PM.

paraphrasing
    "they seek to destroy what they fear"

hmm? the x-men? the peaceful co-existence franchise?

magneto dodges helicopter blades? can´t he freeze them in mid air or deflect them with his magnetic shield?
    it just makes the x-men movies pale in comparison to their comic counterparts. avengers do a lot better job in this department.
    and then they ridicoulusly amp quicksilver´s powers on the other hand. i will never understand

i liked nightcrawler´s action scenes the most. atleast they seem to get something right
    Last edited by abulafia; 04-17-2019 at 03:50 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    In Apocalypse Jean said that it wasn’t any of her mutations but a “dark power”.
    Even if it was separate from her powers(which didn't seem like it), she had the Phoenix. Now they're making it look like this space mission is the first time Jean came in contact with it.

In case it's not just some random plot hole, I think the idea might be that the Phoenix imagery is just Jean's natural power signature, like, say, Psylocke's butterfly. And this force that boosts her is essentially the Phoenix in the sense that it's a cosmic entity that boosts her powers and makes her go crazy, but it's not exactly "The Phoenix".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    In case it's not just some random plot hole, I think the idea might be that the Phoenix imagery is just Jean's natural power signature, like, say, Psylocke's butterfly. And this force that boosts her is essentially the Phoenix in the sense that it's a cosmic entity that boosts her powers and makes her go crazy, but it's not exactly "The Phoenix".
    Bingo.

Jean Grey was already the Phoenix, in either the original timeline or any other "revised" timeline. The Phoenix signature is part of her natural mutant energy.
    The Space Force just fuses with her and enhances her nature and powers.

Even if it was separate from her powers(which didn't seem like it), she had the Phoenix. Now they're making it look like this space mission is the first time Jean came in contact with it.

Or it could be just like Hope Summers in AvX and she is a destined host who can manifest a potion of the Phoenix’s power without it joining her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Or it could be just like Hope Summers in AvX and she is a destined host who can manifest a potion of the Phoenix’s power without it joining her.
    That would go against what has been established in:

X2
    The Last Stand

It's just her mutant power. The X-Men meet the Space Force by accident. And the Force never meet them in the original timeline.

I don't think they give a **** about the original timeline tbh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    1- Xavier was concerned about Scott and Jean's powers, and Scott had just been "treated" with the read quartz glasses. It was very dangerous. Even if Xavier wasn't Scott's legal guardian YET, he had moral responsabilities towards him and Alex Summers/Havok (a former X-Man).
    Said that, well, Xavier is not perfect, and he wasn't around. Scott was the rebel of the pack.

2- Even your opposite opinions are not universal truths. Deal with the fact that these movies are loved by many.
    They are gonna reboot the X-Men in 2025, so all "haters" out there can finally be happy --- if that makes someone's life "better" in some ways. LMAO.
    1. Yeah, great. Xavier isn't perfect. He also should not be running a school without a full staff to watch over the kids. Car keys are surprisingly easy to find, too. Like, hello? Some sort of lock-box? The kids didn't even have a struggle to flee the school. So rebellious, when access to a car and freedom is just a blink away!

2. I've dealt with that fact many people like them. I, myself, like many of them. You seem to be the kind of person that hasn't dealt with the fact that many people don't. So now it's also your turn to accept that things are likely getting rebooted.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 04-17-2019 at 06:25 PM.

I don't think they give a **** about the original timeline tbh.
    Any Timeline.

Jean’s power was suppressed in the old timeline so the force wouldn’t be interested in her.