Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    That was a good thing and Fox. Every movie was treated as an individual movie and not a long thrown out 10 year storyline
    Then why references previous movies? Why make sequels to begin with? Why not make every single movie in different universe not related to each other at all?

Just because they have no respect for continuity(you know, one of the most basic things in storytelling), doesn't mean somehow they're all "individual" movies.

continuity this continuity that I don't really care all that much they were good movies for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Bingo.

Jean Grey was already the Phoenix, in either the original timeline or any other "revised" timeline. The Phoenix signature is part of her natural mutant energy.
    The Space Force just fuses with her and enhances her nature and powers.
    So if she already has the phoenix force why make up some space force. Just let whatever mental blocks are containing her powers break down. Instead they introduce the Phoenix force but it's just some force because she went Phoenix already so cant be that. It's so unnecessarily convoluted. Either the phenix is part of her natural powers or its a entity. So unneccessary to make up some space force when shes already the Phoenix. They are just trying to differ from Last Stand but Apocalypse wrote them into a corner so we get this. Who knows maybe they pull it off but its convoluted for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So if she already has the phoenix force why make up some space force. Just let whatever mental blocks are containing her powers break down. Instead they introduce the Phoenix force but it's just some force because she went Phoenix already so cant be that. It's so unnecessarily convoluted. Either the phenix is part of her natural powers or its a entity. So unneccessary to make up some space force when shes already the Phoenix. They are just trying to differ from Last Stand but Apocalypse wrote them into a corner so we get this. Who knows maybe they pull it off but its convoluted for no reason.
    Easy answer they just change directions. Don't mind fans there isn't a coherent plan for the phoenix they were going with X-3 the phoenix was always a part of her thing. She even manifested freaking phoenix in X-men Apocalypse to beat Apocalypse.

But when it was time to do Dark Phoenix they just decide to change direction and do the space bird entity.Fans need to learn you can like something and still point out its flaws. They messed up again a little with Phoenix but they at least course corrected and try to tell a story closer to the original so it is fine.

Anyways back to main topic I am fairly happy with the trailer, The movie does not look like a trash fire. I am expecting at worse a solid movie.

Last Daniel Cudmore as Colossus is in the movie, I think we get a small peak of him in trailer when Jean Grey unleashes the phoenix in the forest.

fan art by Bosslogic

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So if she already has the phoenix force why make up some space force. Just let whatever mental blocks are containing her powers break down.
    NO mental blocks this time. Timeline 3 Xavier (Post-DOFP) absorbed the Timeline 2 memories (First Class, Pre-DOFP) of Wolverine in 1973, so he knows that mental blocks are VERY bad for Jean Grey and make her develop an alternate personality.
    That's one of the reasons why Xavier makes her unleash her mutant power in "Apocalypse", no matter what.
    Then, Xavier teached Jean to control her power in the following years (1983-1992). She's a perfect "Phoenix", until she fused with the Space Force and they became one.
    The Space Force is an universal entity and is the central plotpoint between the X-Men and the Aliens. It's not a "thrown-away concept", it's a pivotal element in the story. The Aliens want the Force...
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 04-18-2019 at 11:02 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Then why references previous movies? Why make sequels to begin with? Why not make every single movie in different universe not related to each other at all?

Just because they have no respect for continuity(you know, one of the most basic things in storytelling), doesn't mean somehow they're all "individual" movies.
    Continuity isn’t always a good thing. One of my pet peeve about the mcu is I have to remember what happen in a movie five years earlier with a different hero.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Think they released the trailer to ride the cocktails of the Game of Thrones premier and just before Endgame’s release?

BANNED

Continuity isn’t always a good thing. One of my pet peeve about the mcu is I have to remember what happen in a movie five years earlier with a different hero.
    Hmm. I've had a very different experience. I can't think of a single moment in an MCU film where I had to remember something from a previous film in order for the current one to make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Easy answer they just change directions. Don't mind fans there isn't a coherent plan for the phoenix they were going with X-3 the phoenix was always a part of her thing. She even manifested freaking phoenix in X-men Apocalypse to beat Apocalypse.

But when it was time to do Dark Phoenix they just decide to change direction and do the space bird entity.Fans need to learn you can like something and still point out its flaws. They messed up again a little with Phoenix but they at least course corrected and try to tell a story closer to the original so it is fine.
    Here's my head cannon- the Phoenix was the ultimate expression of Jean's power, and was always a part of her. This space entity is a parasite or symbiote that takes that and uses it as a cover so that it can more easily bond with Jean. Jessica Chastain will probably be the voice of the entity, appearing to Jean in a physical form but being all in her head.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Think they released the trailer to ride the cocktails of the Game of Thrones premiere and just before Endgame’s release?
    well she was largely cast as Jean Grey because of Game of Thrones and her huge social media following so probably

Articles are reporting that execs and test audiences think this film is a stinker and they've re-edited it twice. Will see how it does.

The trailers look good at least IMO
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    well she was largely cast as Jean Grey because of Game of Thrones and her huge social media following so probably

Articles are reporting that execs and test audiences think this film is a stinker and they've re-edited it twice. Will see how it does.

The trailers look good at least IMO
    What were the screening scores then? I know one of the alleged test screenings was made-up.

And literally contradicting things from the very last movie is a good thing?!

And don't bring MCU here, we're not talking about MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    What were the screening scores then? I know one of the alleged test screenings was made-up.
    I don't know what the scores were but there were at least 3 to 4 articles that alleged more than one screening was a Stinker. I think Looper reported on it, "We Got This Covered" and a few other sites. I'd take it all with a grain of salt, but that's​ what I remember seeing.

So far I think the marketing has been on point. The trailers have me excited. Will see if it delivers.
    The J-man

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I hope they address the wonky timeline in this one since it's absolutely gonna be the last one they do with this iteration. Even if it's a joke, I want them to at least point out how ridiculous it all is that nobody ages at all.