Page 604 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 104504554594600601602603604605606607608614654704 ... LastLast
Results 9,046 to 9,060 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    If this gets a good reception, then it will only be a matter of time before they announce a BP game. Fingers crossed.

GOTG has a game that is set to be released later this year so why can't be BP get his own game?
    And like I said before, the fact that GOTG is strictly single player instead of that live service BS is giving me hope that they’re learning from their mistakes. And just think about the wonders a video game could do for T’Challas lesser known villains like Baron Macabre and Madame Slay.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And like I said before, the fact that GOTG is strictly single player instead of that live service BS is giving me hope that they’re learning from their mistakes. And just think about the wonders a video game could do for T’Challas lesser known villains like Baron Macabre and Madame Slay.
    The possibilities are infinite.

Just don't make Shuri the main and only playable character. At least not in the first game lol

The possibilities are infinite.

Just don't make Shuri the main and only playable character. At least not in the first game lol
    Meh, I could at least see them giving her a spin off in the vein of Miles Morales. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

People in my circle, who haven’t purchased a video game since the late 90’s, would be tempted to buy the latest console for a hi-quality ‘Black Panther and the Hidden World of Wakanda’ game.
    They’re doing some interesting African hero and mythos games over on ‘The Continent’, but mostly on mobile platforms.

Question for the group.

There’s always been a small amount of Afro-Futuristic literature available, and production in comics and prose increased after the movie’s success. Where are the film, television and video game developments at?
    I have KweliTV so I’m up on the smaller and international productions, but where’s Hollywood at?
    Where are the top game studios at?

The money already talked, but they don't seem to be listening.

If this gets a good reception, then it will only be a matter of time before they announce a BP game. Fingers crossed.

GOTG has a game that is set to be released later this year so why can't be BP get his own game?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I do hope it measures up, too, and if the reception is positive, then it'll be more fuel for the fire that should be lit under Marvel Games (metaphorically speaking) to get them started on a standalone game for Black Panther.
    I really hope so, BP can literally go anywhere and fit any type of story just about. The amount of content you could put into it would be obscene. From magic to invading armies to intergalactic Wakanda if someone wanted to do something of actual worth with it and you can switch and tell more grounded stories too. It would definitely be something to have if he won't be in the MCU

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Honestly the first 5-6 issues are the best of Coates in S3. Up until T'Challa and the maroons hide out on Hoth for 5 years. After that, when they decide to move again, the story takes a dip back into Coates habits
    So I thought the second arc was interesting in a vacuum but also felt like not only a diversion but an out of nowhere distraction. It ended up making sense, but sometimes a story is fun because it sets things up and pays off the expectations. The actual solution in this arc (Bast possesses a girl and uses the Djalia to restore T'Challa's memories) didn't really flow from the setup. Issue #8 had some really disturbing art with some really weird teeth. Issue #10 (with all the solutions was very confusing). I had to read it twice to find out what was going on (and this is after I read it once before a long time ago).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Oh okay. Thor has a bunch of treasure and assets, but so does TChalla I’d imagine. And I don’t think Thor’s gold counts for as much on earth as people think it does.
    Asgard doesnt exist on earth, its riches have no Earthly value.

Thor is only brought up because some people don't like the idea of African king being the richest man in comic book fiction. He was never usually in these debates only Bruce and Tony.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Meh, I could at least see them giving her a spin off in the vein of Miles Morales. Lol.
    A Miles Morales-style spinoff for Shuri wouldn't be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    People in my circle, who haven’t purchased a video game since the late 90’s, would be tempted to buy the latest console for a hi-quality ‘Black Panther and the Hidden World of Wakanda’ game.
    They’re doing some interesting African hero and mythos games over on ‘The Continent’, but mostly on mobile platforms.

Question for the group.

There’s always been a small amount of Afro-Futuristic literature available, and production in comics and prose increased after the movie’s success. Where are the film, television and video game developments at?
    I have KweliTV so I’m up on the smaller and international productions, but where’s Hollywood at?

Considering the relatively recent revelations that major film studios have been leaving literal billions of dollars on the table by not greenlighting more black/African diaspora-centric stories, let alone stories that can appeal to more underserved and underrepresented people and groups in general, I'm not that surprised about major game studios being just as hesitant --- to put it slightly more charitably --- to greenlight, highlight, and otherwise spotlight those same stories and those telling them. Unfortunately, the mainstream entertainment industry is extremely resistant to change, mainly because it's run by people who still can't wrap their heads around the reality that people whose lives and experiences aren't necessarily like their own aren't merely "niche audiences," but also because the industry's consumer base has a rather virulently vocal section of people that sees any attempt at broadening its appeal across demographics as betrayal, i.e. "turning your backs on the true fans!" That's just how these things go, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I really hope so, BP can literally go anywhere and fit any type of story just about. The amount of content you could put into it would be obscene. From magic to invading armies to intergalactic Wakanda if someone wanted to do something of actual worth with it and you can switch and tell more grounded stories too. It would definitely be something to have if he won't be in the MCU
    Yeah, the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda has way too much promise as a dark mirror/inversion of Wakanda to go to waste the way it did.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post

Question for the group.

The money hasn’t talked yet. In the minds of many executives across various creative industries, the success of BP can be attributed to the strength of the MCU brand and the novelty of the concept. From their perspective, one billion dollar Afrofufurist film doesn’t validate that entire aesthetic as profitable.

We’re definitely seeing an uptick in the amount of African-centered sci-fi and fantasy getting adapted though, the success (or failure) of these second wave projects is the true metric of whether the movement has legs and can become entrenched in the mainstream consciousness. Black Panther opened the door, but the upcoming Children of Blood and Bones movie, rumored Rage of Dragons live action project, Wild Seed show, and stuff like the upcoming Dantai anime will decide if Afrofuturism is more than just a Disney-driven fad.

Ironically enough, even though game developers work in such a cutting edge field, the industry is slow to change and likes to do projects that can reliably connect with their audience. They need proof that there’s a market for Afrofuturism and they’ll only see that if the movies, cartoons, and shows do numbers. And there’s no ignoring how black folks (who logically would be the most eager to support these more experimental endeavors) are massively underrepresented in the industry.

There’s a reason most historical fiction/fantasy games are based on Medieval Europe or Japan, that’s what the vast majority of AAA game developers are familiar with and most of them have descent from those regions. As far as I know we don’t have any major black gaming studios with the resources or technical expertise to do an African equivalent to Skyrim or Cyberpunk 2077. And they’d be far more likely to embark on that kind of project than a studio where you got zero black folks (which is unsurprisingly very common). The lack of black game developers is symptomatic of how we’re underrepresented in high tech period which is a whole separate conversation lol.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-16-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    From what I remember I didn't like this version but I don’t think he turned out as bad as comic Ultimate BP who I think debuted afterwards. I'm going to give it a rewatch since it's been years since I seen it.
    From what I remember Tchaka actually turns into a panther man werewolf type thing lol
    Lots of liberties

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    So I thought the second arc was interesting in a vacuum but also felt like not only a diversion but an out of nowhere distraction. It ended up making sense, but sometimes a story is fun because it sets things up and pays off the expectations. The actual solution in this arc (Bast possesses a girl and uses the Djalia to restore T'Challa's memories) didn't really flow from the setup. Issue #8 had some really disturbing art with some really weird teeth. Issue #10 (with all the solutions was very confusing). I had to read it twice to find out what was going on (and this is after I read it once before a long time ago).
    Yeah there's all types of things brought up that Ultimately feel like wastes of issues just to provide fluff. The story could of been consolidated into 13 issues like a nation and been the same

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    We’re definitely seeing an uptick in the amount of African-centered sci-fi and fantasy getting adapted though, the success (or failure) of these second wave projects is the true metric of whether the movement has legs and can become entrenched in the mainstream consciousness. Black Panther opened the door, but the upcoming Children of Blood and Bones movie, rumored Rage of Dragons live action project, Wild Seed show, and stuff like the upcoming Dantai anime will decide if Afrofuturism is more than just a Disney-driven fad.
    There's an odd backlash in the literary world over the term, where some writers (including "Pal Of Coates" Nnedi Okorafor) reject the term Afrofuturism in favor of Africanfuturism.

I can only assume it's a slipstream/magical realism situation, where writers reject a popular label in order to sound more "literary". Honestly, I don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The money hasn’t talked yet. In the minds of many executives across various creative industries, the success of BP can be attributed to the strength of the MCU brand and the novelty of the concept. From their perspective, one billion dollar Afrofufurist film doesn’t validate that entire aesthetic as profitable.

Ironically enough, even though game developers work in such a cutting edge field, the industry is slow to change and likes to do projects that can reliably connect with their audience. They need proof that there’s a market for Afrofuturism and they’ll only see that if the movies, cartoons, and shows do numbers. And there’s no ignoring how black folks (who logically would be the most eager to support these more experimental endeavors) are massively underrepresented in the industry.

There’s a reason most historical fiction/fantasy games are based on Medieval Europe or Japan, that’s what the vast majority of AAA game developers are familiar with and most of them have descent from those regions. As far as I know we don’t have any major black gaming studios with the resources or technical expertise to do an African equivalent to Skyrim or Cyberpunk 2077. And they’d be far more likely to embark on that kind of project than a studio where you got zero black folks (which is unsurprisingly very common). The lack of black game developers is symptomatic of how we’re underrepresented in high tech period which is a whole separate conversation lol.
    This is also why war for Wakanda should of been its own standalone game. It would allow them to explore afro futurism using the biggest Black IP and the trailblazer franchise Which would likely have the highest rate to succeed.

That being said, I do Hope war for Wakanda does do well and lights the sparks to make a BP game. Seriously BP had the best shot at opening that door, just like the movie did

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    There's an odd backlash in the literary world over the term, where some writers (including "Pal Of Coates" Nnedi Okorafor) reject the term Afrofuturism in favor of Africanfuturism.

I can only assume it's a slipstream/magical realism situation, where writers reject a popular label in order to sound more "literary". Honestly, I don't understand it.
    ... Sounds dumb AF lol. Afrofuturism sounds all inclusive whereas Africanfuturism sounds more like it's focusing just on Africans. Just let it be and focus on pushing out the best Black fantasy that they can

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Asgard doesnt exist on earth, its riches have no Earthly value.

Thor is only brought up because some people don't like the idea of African king being the richest man in comic book fiction. He was never usually in these debates only Bruce and Tony.

I believe it.