Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

If Franklin attempts to go anywhere near Krakoa, they will have to unleash X-Force on him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Slott has every right to want his characters under his control, and Franklin is a FF character first and foremost. No non x-writer should be held hostage to the whims of Hickman's Krakoa storyline and have to defer to whatever he wants to do. Slott most likely has plans for Franklin and he shouldn't have to seek approval or permission from Hickman or JDW, it's two separate franchises. And like I said before x-writers retconned Wakanda's history to suit their story despite being two separate franchises and Wakanda not being involved in said story. Slott and any other writer is well within their rights to throw a hissy fit if x-writers appropriate their characters and undermines their stories in order to further their own Krakoa storyline. I could easily see a riff developing between the x-franchise and the rest of the MU, especially if other franchises have to defer to Hickman when they have their own stories to tell.
    This. Writers are gonna do what they feel is best for the characters they have editorial control over and if they don't want to associate with ongoing plot threads in other corners of the universe they're well within their rights to cut things off as needed. We saw it when the X-office did it with Storm and T'Challa as they retconned Wakanda's founding to drive a division between the franchises.

We're seeing it now with the Fantastic Four through the removal of Franklin's X-Gene. Hickman's a big boy and I like to think fans are mature enough to realize this is how comics have worked for decades. Like any writer with an ounce of talent Hickman will reconfigure his story and work with what he has available to him. Death threats and harassment online to a writer for wanting to tell his story is the height of stupidity and a sign that some comic fans have bigger issues than fictional stories on a page...

Besides, Franklin has been a trash character since his inception. I don't care that he's no longer a mutant because I didn't care when he was one. Nothing of true value was lost, plenty of reality warping mutants that Hickman could use or introduce to tell his story and most fans will eat it up anyway.
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-19-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    If Franklin attempts to go anywhere near Krakoa, they will have to unleash X-Force on him.
    Why would he do that?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Krakoa talks about her like she's the devil, I don't think Beast is asking for her to try to cross it with good intentions, they'd probably try to stone her lol.
    They're absolutely trolling her...and it's hilarious. (at least that's how I'm reading it which may be the opposite to how it's meant to be interpreted.)

On topic...Franklin can still go to Krakoa if kate invites and accompanies him.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Y'all act like Wanda even cares to go to Krakoa lets say that Beast email is canon she probably laughed at it than went & rode Voodoo

Incredible Member

Dan Slott has pointed out on Twitter about people bullying him over this decision and he's right, while it's great to care for fictional work, this is a bit too much. However, he has also pointed out that he isn't disregarding all criticism and is taking it in to see how he can become better. So, hopefully, if this wasn't always part of some bigger story, he'll retcon his retcon in some bigger story, maybe a crossover with X-Men against Nimrod where it's revealed that Xavier was lying (shocking, I know).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Dan Slott has pointed out on Twitter about people bullying him over this decision and he's right, while it's great to care for fictional work, this is a bit too much. However, he has also pointed out that he isn't disregarding all criticism and is taking it in to see how he can become better. So, hopefully, if this wasn't always part of some bigger story, he'll retcon his retcon in some bigger story, maybe a crossover with X-Men against Nimrod where it's revealed that Xavier was lying (shocking, I know).
    Well maybe he is going to retcon or just give a better explanation. But Slott doesn't change things because people scream at ohim on twitter

I hope he sticks with the retcon and says **** those bitches sending threats and **** that's ridiculous.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Well maybe he is going to retcon or just give a better explanation. But Slott doesn't change things because people scream at ohim on twitter
    Weirdos on Twitter always get their way if they scream loud enough, that's how social media works lol. I don't blame Slott at all. He's probably gonna offer a more substantial explanation in the future so Hickman still has some degree of access to Franklin. I think Franklin was still gonna play a role in the X-Men anyway (just a heavily reduced one), but I think it'd be best if there was more explaining of his powers and their origins.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Weirdos on Twitter always get their way if they scream loud enough, that's how social media works lol. I don't blame Slott at all. He's probably gonna offer a more substantial explanation in the future so Hickman still has some degree of access to Franklin. I think Franklin was still gonna play a role in the X-Men anyway (just a heavily reduced one), but I think it'd be best if there was more explaining of his powers and their origins.
    For Remender and Slott? absolutely no. Well Slott said that Hickman knows his plans, and if the plan is Franklin not being mutant so that will be how happen. And it will be a long game, the franklin having problems with his powers has been going on for 26 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I hope he sticks with the retcon and says **** those bitches sending threats and **** that's ridiculous.
    I hope too. They only care when the chracter is white and male

And if you embolden the toxic fandom, things just get worse
    Last edited by baxer; 11-19-2020 at 11:57 AM.

X-Men have too many reality warpers anyway, got Exodus, Jamie, X-Man, ect. F4 have Franklin solo now. And who do the Avengers have? Wanda is the only one that comes to mind and she no longer has that kind of power. And Wiccan but he's part time. Either way Krakoa does not need Franklin, Hickman does not need Franklin.

BANNED

X-Men have too many reality warpers anyway, got Exodus, Jamie, X-Man, ect. F4 have Franklin solo now. And who do the Avengers have? Wanda is the only one that comes to mind and she no longer has that kind of power. And Wiccan but he's part time. Either way Krakoa does not need Franklin, Hickman does not need Franklin.
    You forgot about proteus. you are right there is too many

Extraordinary Member

I think the retcon was stupid...but agree with the threats part. I got no problem with people telling him he is a moron...but threats are a step too far.

BANNED

Twitter is just out of control but Slott is not one to take constructive criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Oh lordt... I know damn well a whole bunch of people complaining are X-fans who aren't gonna buy his book anyway. Sure the retcon is weird and messy (and has some weird implications with the minority metaphor), but Slott wasn't writing an X-book so he probably wasn't even thinking about all of that.