View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 875 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 375775825865871872873874875876877878879885925975 ... LastLast
Results 13,111 to 13,125 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Something interesting I saw courtesy of Dthirds3 in the X-23 thread (http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post3838886)

https://twitter.com/MrCraigKyle/stat...73194811727872

Obviously, Craig Kyle hasn't been involved with Laura in the comics for a long while, but it's interesting to note, especially with Gabby's exploring of her sexuality. Laura absolutely could still be figuring things out though, she's young and been through a lot that could distract from/confuse her awareness of her own sexuality.

I've recently come to thinking that Laura and Illyana could be an amazing couple, especially with Gabby involved if she could still work with Illyana. Gay goth-y murder moms with a bizarrely happy teen and her pet wolverine.
    Laura and Illyana? Hmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Certainly be interesting for Laura to be the more emotionally-healthy partner in a relationship. But I don't know. I'm reluctant to support that ship because I still want Illyana with either Kitty or Leah. I suppose I wouldn't have an issue with Illyana and Laura, they're both goth girls who stab things and have trouble with emotions. So it could be fun. But still, not a ship I'd push for.

(I'd still prefer Laura with Jubilee, who I head-canon as a biromantic asexual.)

Astonishing Member

Something interesting I saw courtesy of Dthirds3 in the X-23 thread (http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post3838886)

Obviously, Craig Kyle hasn't been involved with Laura in the comics for a long while, but it's interesting to note, especially with Gabby's exploring of her sexuality. Laura absolutely could still be figuring things out though, she's young and been through a lot that could distract from/confuse her awareness of her own sexuality.

I've recently come to thinking that Laura and Illyana could be an amazing couple, especially with Gabby involved if she could still work with Illyana. Gay goth-y murder moms with a bizarrely happy teen and her pet wolverine.
    As great as that would be, Mercury and pixie are my top picks with illiana behind jubilee

It could be interesting to make Laura come out of the closet as bisexual. I would ship her with Kiden Nixon from NYX. I think they could make a cute couple together

Daken, Gabby, Laura... C'mon Logan. We know it's in your DNA already.

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Thanks everyone for the welcome !

I do need to read that Johnny/Daken issue, for science(!!!).

In all seriousness, it would be neat if Slott decided to take that route eventually. But I sincerely believe he needs to re-build and re-establish the FF as the tentpole MU team that they are and should always be, by getting them together and setting up the new team status quo and overall raison-d'etre. THEN he could really should start delving into them as indviduals and other relationships, which is where (I think) he should work on Sue's character and prominence, which I think has been criminally ignored, as even though she's not a wise-cracker like Johnny and Ben or A Big Brain like Reed she still can bring a lot to the table.

Personally, as a gay guy, I think HT coming out as anything would come too far off the left field, even considering the Daken thing (unlike Iceman, whose writing over the decades seemed like unintentional subtext and then, in the last 20 years or so, plain ol' subtext). I'd be more than happy if they did make Johnny gay or bi, as it could lead to some juicy storytelling and bisexuals in general need more visibility IMO, but the idea of having to actively ignore the whining online makes my head hurt, lol.

While not on the level of Iceman, Johnny has had some things that could be considered subtext over the years.

https://fyeahfantasticfour.tumblr.co...as-queer-coded
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    As great as that would be, Mercury and pixie are my top picks with illiana behind jubilee
    I kinda like Mercury with Bling!. They're both shiny! And they seemed to be pretty happy together in Generation X.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    While not on the level of Iceman, Johnny has had some things that could be considered subtext over the years.

https://fyeahfantasticfour.tumblr.co...as-queer-coded
    Yeah! Plus he picked up at Reed and Sue’s wedding
    2D6B1BD1-4B97-4604-8354-64D4FF98E354.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    We have some LGBTQ mutants showing up on the first promotional art for Uncanny X-Men: Disassembled. Here's hoping they are actually appearing in the book and aren't there just for show.

That is cool. You know what we need though? Trans representation. Even batgirl has better trans rep than the x-men

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Hello, everyone! Long-time lurker here (as in: for years), thought this would be a friendlier thread to come back to. I really hope Marvel LGBT+ characters continue to shine and get created, as the most widely known ones have tended to be amazing. Can's wait to continue the discussion with everyone!

I had to Google who this Wyatt person was and figure out I actually knew him, but yeah, upon first read I think I counted 3 occasions of him and Johnny casually and almost absent-mindedly holding each other. Not a bad look on either, if I do say so myself. I wouldn't hold my breath for a coming out story, even if the character IS narcissistic enough to go for anyone attractive who wants him (reductive, yes, but also not entirely untrue, LOL) and the prospect of a meta-infused conversation with Iceman sounds extremely funny (though it could go south if written badly). Slott can keep teasing us with the fine-drawn fictional bros, it'll make the run even more enjoyable, as that first issue was great for many things.

Also, changing gears to an actual LGBT+ character: What's Living Lightning's current status after No Surrender? He back in Non-Magik-Limboland? (I know a Google search is logical, but help a guy out here).

Welcome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I kinda like Mercury with Bling!. They're both shiny! And they seemed to be pretty happy together in Generation X.
    Forgot about that, I guess it's a 3 way fight between
    Pixie magik and jubilee.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

That is interesting indeed. I know there are some fans out there who've read Laura as queer for a while now, but coming from her own creator, it means a lot more. It would probably be difficult for him to out her as gay now, though, because so much has been done with the character at this point I'm not sure editorial would be just like ''yeah, sure, you can make her gay and it's no big deal'' right away. I don't think it's impossible to be done, no, but it's definitely harder now than it was back when he created her. It would probably take more convincing now if he pitches the idea to editorial. I can see them being more inclined to let her be bi, tbh.

He also said that he would like to tell that story in a movie, which I guess it would probably be easier to do, since there is a lot less established about Laura in the cinematic universe. Maybe a Laura/Ellie/Yukio love triangle in an X-Force movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    That is cool. You know what we need though? Trans representation. Even batgirl has better trans rep than the x-men
    Well, yeah, but that's true for overall Marvel. We need more trans rep on ANY franchise. The fact that the Squirrel Girl book is the only place where we get a consistent trans representation (and it's not even an explicit one) is quite sad.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-11-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    We have some LGBTQ mutants showing up on the first promotional art for Uncanny X-Men: Disassembled. Here's hoping they are actually appearing in the book and aren't there just for show.

I'm trying really hard not to include ppl that I extremely headcanon as LGBT+......so forgive me if I include some ppl that are "canonically" straight:

-Prodigy
    -Gabby
    -Laura (im not sorry)
    -Anole
    -Psylocke
    -Pixie
    -Mercury
    -Northstar
    -Iceman

Abso-goddamn-lutely. I think it's time to add a trans mutant to the X-Men. And not a shape-shifter or a body-swap victim or any crap like that, either. A character who was assigned one gender at birth, and is now transitioning to their actual gender, through normal medical means. With a power that's totally unrelated to being trans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Forgot about that, I guess it's a 3 way fight between
    Pixie magik and jubilee.
    You know what? Screw it. Go poly. HOLY ****. Chamber-Jubilee-Laura open poly relationship. Ace Jubilee who just likes snuggling up with one or both of them. Laura occasionally hooks up with someone when she feels a need to get laid. Hell, maybe she even sometimes screws Chamber, nothing romantic between them, just satisfying urges.

Yes. Yes, I can definitely support this idea.

And hell, I kinda envision Illyana and Leah having a bit of an open relationship going on, so Laura and Illyana can even hook up once in a while. But I will never let go of the idea of Illyana with either Kitty or Leah, and honestly, I think I prefer Illyana/Leah, because Kitty probably wouldn't be comfortable ruling Limbo while Leah would be all about insisting people call her Queen Leah. She'd visit her moms and be like, "I think you mean 'please wash the dishes, Your Majesty'," and Angela would be like, "You know, I was a Queen, too," and Leah would be, "Yeah, but my reign has lasted longer than 5 minutes." And Sera would teach Illyana some spells that are really handy in the bedroom.

I think I got off-topic for a moment.

But yeah, poly relationship. Why not? They're a real thing, there's no reason superheroes can't be poly, too. And I can definitely see Chamber, Jubilee and Laura all being able to handle it without any jealousy. So there's my idea, Laura can be with Jubilee without having to break up the genuinely-cute Jubilee/Chamber relationship.

Well if you listen to people who defend the continued use of Psylocke in an Asian body that isn't her, then her experience of being horrifically surgically altered against her will, losing all bodily autonomy, and forced to become living yellow face is analogous to a trans person's experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Well if you listen to people who defend the continued use of Psylocke in an Asian body that isn't her, then her experience of being horrifically surgically altered against her will, losing all bodily autonomy, and forced to become living yellow face is analogous to a trans person's experience.
    I wouldn't say it's analogous. Psylocke's always been pretty OK with having an Asian body. Some identity crisis stuff early on, but mostly, she's fine with how she looks, and has never made any great effort to change her appearance. That said, it does seem like she's going to be white again. We'll see if it lasts, of course.

Regardless, the comparison is completely inaccurate, and is also irrelevant, given we were talking about actual trans representation, not metaphorical representation.

wow between Kyle revealing that he wanted Laura to eventually come out as gay as part of her quest for self-discovery & Mariko Tamaki saying that she was setting up Shan and Warbird in her Astonishing X-Men run, im all up in my uwus

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąяĄ Tycon
    wow between Kyle revealing that he wanted Laura to eventually come out as gay as part of her quest for self-discovery & Mariko Tamaki saying that she was setting up Shan and Warbird in her Astonishing X-Men run, im all up in my uwus
    Not to be nitpicky, but I think you mean Marjorie Liu, not Mariko Tamaki?