View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

People who think Charles is stronger than Jean, Emma, or even Rachel are completely nostalgia blinded. Xavier hasn't been a powerful psychic in the comics since the 1980s or early 1990s.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I forgot about the Cuckoos!
    they are underrated and you're right, together they are ontheir own tier.

Also Emma and Rachel fought once, Rachel was more powerful but Emma more skilled. I think Emma won at the end, if i remember correctly
    One victory, unless spectacular, doesn't merit ranking character A above character B. I think of them as being more or less equal when all factors are considered. I've always like Emma a lot, especially when she's a well written snark, so I'm definitely not introducing her to the underside of a bus. This was part of why I ranked Jean and Charles together.

Emma Frost fans...I'm gonna need you guys to stop. Lol

I'm reading about Professor X's powers on another site and the first couple of sentences.

Professor X is one of the most powerful telepathic mutants in the world. He is an Omega Class Telepath, equaling Emma Frost's abilities.
    Until Emma can gather the minds of billions of Skrulls/humans and project them into the mind of Galactus or use her telepathic abilities to travel to the Microverse and destory planets. I don't think they're equal.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I actually don't have a problem with the idea that she is near him in strength or skill, and the idea that she at the most might be his equal, wouldn't be a huge stretch in my eyes either. Remember, even from her earliest appearances, she was stated to be on par with him and created to be a darker mirror image of him. I just draw the line at saying she is stronger. I have seen no evidence of that.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

I'm reading about Professor X's powers on another site and the first couple of sentences.

Until Emma can gather the minds of billions of Skrulls/humans and project them into the mind of Galactus or use her telepathic abilities to travel to the Microverse and destory planets. I don't think they're equal.
    when did Xavier do this?

and is that classification even correct of omega level telepath now that Hickman and actually defined who the omegas in 616 are?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

He was able to breach Emma's mind while in diamond form when this is impenetrable to all other psychics

BANNED

Nate is gone? Then Exodus. Common sense.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    People who think Charles is stronger than Jean, Emma, or even Rachel are completely nostalgia blinded. Xavier hasn't been a powerful psychic in the comics since the 1980s or early 1990s.
    Do you find such ad hominen attacks to be constructive, successful debate tactics? While it is a common tactic, it is generally not a respectable tactic.

I have a more nuanced view regarding which character is the best in a given comparison. Power, skill, feats, consistent portrayal, wins, losses, etc, are all factors in how I formed my opinion. Charles vs. Emma? I see two mitigating factors to her beating him. First, he wasn't at his best due to a traumatic brain injury and its after effects. Second, it occurred after Marvel shifted from "Charles is a good man, though flawed" to "Charles is a vile, manipulative villain". When this shift occurred, writers started tearing him down in pretty much every conceivable way, and it was especially bad during that era.

Emma's a great, complex character. She's very formidable. However, the overwhelming majority of her depictions places her as slightly below Jean (sans Phoenix) and Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He was able to breach Emma's mind while in diamond form when this is impenetrable to all other psychics

Yeah... I'm gonna call writer BS on this one. The diamond form was unbreachable for both Exodus at full power as well as Jean as Phoenix. Xavier is not stronger than either of them.

I think that adds to his point as they got rid of everyone else, leaving Emma as the sole telepath. I believe even the Cuckoos were off the table as they were in diamond form following Warsong
    Yeah when Emma was the co-star of x-men books hey got rid of almost every character that could undermine her in telepath. She had to be the top telepath

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

Charles is definately a step above emma, doesn't mean she can't beat him
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-01-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Do you find such ad hominen attacks to be constructive, successful debate tactics? While it is a common tactic, it is generally not a respectable tactic.

I have a more nuanced view regarding which character is the best in a given comparison. Power, skill, feats, consistent portrayal, wins, losses, etc, are all factors in how I formed my opinion. Charles vs. Emma? I see two mitigating factors to her beating him. First, he wasn't at his best due to a traumatic brain injury and its after effects. Second, it occurred after Marvel shifted from "Charles is a good man, though flawed" to "Charles is a vile, manipulative villain". When this shift occurred, writers started tearing him down in pretty much every conceivable way, and it was especially bad during that era.

Emma's a great, complex character. She's very formidable. However, the overwhelming majority of her depictions places her as slightly below Jean (sans Phoenix) and Charles.
    No, I just don't respond well to people placing all of their basis on nostalgia because they don't like certain characters. I'm placing them based on what has actually happened in comics that people respect as canon. In those, Emma has overcome Charles's ability four different times.

The fact is that Charles has never been as powerful as nostalgic people want to think he is. It is just accepted as gospel that Charles is the most powerful psychic to ever live when nothing printed has ever come close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah when Emma was the co-star of x-men books hey got rid of almost every character that could undermine her in telepath. She had to be the top telepath
    With Jean gone, she already was.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

oh that's a pretty impressive feat for Charles then.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    when did Xavier do this?

and is that classification even correct of omega level telepath now that Hickman and actually defined who the omegas in 616 are?
    Before there was Onslaught, there was Entity. While Xavier was sleeping the evil part of his soul traveled to the Microverse and was damn near a god.

X-Men and The Micronaugt #1
    RCO014~2.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-01-2019 at 04:21 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    With Jean gone, she already was.
    It should be Xavier