Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667686970 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1037
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Ahahaaaahhahahahah....?!?!? Okay what importance did she have prior to being named regent? X-office felt so strongly about Storms potential that they had her UNDER kitty's leadership on a team. Truthfully she never was given real prominence on the Quiet Council. I also feel they might have set Storm up to hold a serious "L" but I figure that hopefully they make the fall interesting.
    I was more specifically thinking inevitable movie synergy

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So from your perspective marvel is advertising and setting up their most prominent black female character to fail?
    They've done it before

Hey remember how everyone was very insistent I was acting crazy and making shit up when I said Krakoa had appointed a King/Queen with the whole regent thing?

From the Last Annihilation solicitation

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Hey remember how everyone was very insistent I was acting crazy and making shit up when I said Krakoa had appointed a King/Queen with the whole regent thing?

From the Last Annihilation solicitation
    They keep changing her title lol. I like Queen of Sol! I'm so stoked for her.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They keep changing her title lol. I like Queen of Sol! I'm so stoked for her.
    It's easy to claim to be "Queen of Sol" when Earth is the only fully inhabited planet in the solar system -- colonizing Mars does not count.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-25-2021 at 05:43 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She's the Regent of Sol/Mars/Planet Arrako. She's not Queen/Ruler of Earth and it's nations. (Nor are any of the other Mutants. Which is what GG was shouting over and over for anyone to hear). The Nations of Earth would never countenance a "Ruler above All" far less a mutant one. At best they will tolerate her "Speaking/Representing" on Earth's behalf in Galactic matters as they don't have anyone else worthy of that role...but I'm sure even some like Doom would have issue with that.

It's entertaining though...watching some lose their shit when just days before they were gnashing teeth against Marvel for treating Storm with gross disservice and scant courtesy. Let's see how long their favour and fervour last.

In a fight against Dormammu, Storm has her work cut out.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I don't know why people keep trying to pretend that Sol somehow does not also include Earth for no reason. Queen of Sol would make her the Queen of the planets that comprise Sol.

And I don't know why people keep believing that the title is as literal as it sounds and has everything to do with Earth.
    Doom acknowledges how divided Earth is and asks: "Who is the King of Mars?" Storm answers: "I am the Regent of Mars" "Voice of Sol".
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-25-2021 at 06:17 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Marvel is clearly using regent and queen interchangably. If she's the Queen of Mars and the Queen of Sol, in what way would she not also be Queen of Earth?

Until Earth gets its divisive shit together it really won't have much of a presence as part of Sol, Doom says as much, in no uncertain terms...that's why he speaks directly about Mars, the new Planet Arakko, the Capital of Sol. Earth is not the Capital.

It could be argued as well...since we haven't seen it...just how the Great Ring of Arakko, the actual Leaders of the Arakki, truly feel about Storm, a non-Arakki, be their "Queen/Regent". Personally, I think they wouldn't care all that much and go go along with it as they know Storm, of all the Mutants they've encountered, is worthy of the title. But perhaps that's a story to be told.

I don't know why people keep trying to pretend that Sol somehow does not also include Earth for no reason. Queen of Sol would make her the Queen of the planets that comprise Sol.
    Because people have common sense and know that Storm doesn't want to rule Earth. Earth can do what ever it wants. The rest of Sol which is a lot of unclaimed empty space that mutants have clearly shown they can terraform quickly is another story

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Because people have common sense and know that Storm doesn't want to rule Earth. Earth can do what ever it wants. The rest of Sol which is a lot of unclaimed empty space that mutants have clearly shown they can terraform quickly is another story
    Also they bribe people to acknowledge her as regent.

Wakanda didn't take it and the Kree/Skull are not decided yet.

Also she still has to prove herself to be capable.I'd rofl if the sentinel city by orchis just folds arrako like an omelete along with Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Until Earth gets its divisive shit together it really won't have much of a presence as part of Sol, Doom says as much, in no uncertain terms...that's why he speaks directly about Mars, the new Planet Arakko, the Capital of Sol. Earth is not the Capital.

It could be argued as well...since we haven't seen it...just how the Great Ring of Arakko, the actual Leaders of the Arakki, truly feel about Storm, a non-Arakki, be their "Queen/Regent". Personally, I think they wouldn't care all that much and go go along with it as they know Storm, of all the Mutants they've encountered, is worthy of the title. But perhaps that's a story to be told.
    Exactly what I was thinking, what do the actual mutants of Arakko think of Storm as their queen ?, especially an warring mutant race such as the Arakko. Surely they would think that there are actual more worthy contenders amoung their own people.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

It's a he who rules america rules earth situation. Yes storm is regent of mars and mars is the most powerful superpower in the system so ruling mars is basically dulling the solar system and when you take into consideration the fact that mars is now the economic epicenter of the entire galaxy it places an even bigger gravitas on the title.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking, what do the actual mutants of Arakko think of Storm as their queen ?, especially an warring mutant race such as the Arakko. Surely they would think that there are actual more worthy contenders amoung their own people.
    I believe they set this up to show just how powerful storm truly is an omega. I am sure other omega mutants would come up against her.