Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Just give me an X-book taking place only during council meeting.
    Hopefully after Kate starts going to meetings we can get a full meeting in a book. I am really looking forward to Kate taking her council seat at last.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Pixie is watching the fields and partying drunk. And kitty already let it be known in Marauders she doesn't want a teleporting taxi. That's why. It was spelled out in the book. Also she would need Emma to continously telepathically send teleporters to get her. I would love to see Kate at the meetings too but she set up what she doesn't want to do very early on panel.
    Not even needed. Teleporting tech exists. Kid Cable has it. Kitty not being able to teleport is contrived

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Just give me an X-book taking place only during council meeting.
    please! i know about 10 of us here alone that are clamoring for it so surely there must be more. I also like how people seem to come to them with fully realized ideas rather than incomplete ones. It has sort of a mafia feel.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not even needed. Teleporting tech exists. Kid Cable has it. Kitty not being able to teleport is contrived
    lol i'm just really trying to work within the parameters of what the story is giving us. Ya'll really trying to unleash my deep deep thought processes. going to have everyone with me on ignore. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Because you can buy them in bulk at costco apparently. lol. I'm waiting for humans to start wearing collars and bracelets and earrings that have dampening tech.
    Honestly Nations should have built Power Dampening Towers along their energy corridors a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Honestly Nations should have built Power Dampening Towers along their energy corridors a long time ago.
    Too smart of an idea. But now that mutants are citizens of Krakoa if i were running a state or country it would be the first thing i commissioned.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Wait, so all of the time Xavier was dead was only for less than a day? If that's the case, I kind of agree with Shaw. What's the big deal? Also, if all of this took place in 1 day, that means Fallen Angels and Marauders are operating on a teeny tiny time frame. Emma was apparently distraught, but not so shook up to end her dicking with Shaw early or postpone announcing Kate as the Red Queen and giving her her ship for even a couple hours. Huh?

Killing and reviving Xavier like this feels like a mistake. He was probably the only character who's death might have mattered, and now that that has happened and been easily fixed, no death really feels important.

Jean's been dead for so long I have no idea how she's supposed to sound. She didn't seem particularly scared these last couple issues.

Apocalypse wants to go to war, despite them not knowing who exactly is attacking them or from where. All they know is a vague group name. Smart man. Being a nation, they can't be so reckless. Given that there's little indication that the rest of the world even knows there was a terrorist attack, never mind not knowing Xavier died, if Krakoa were to start openly invading and attack other nations, THEY would look like the bad guy. They wouldn't even be able to say "Our leader was assassinated!", because people would just point at the living Xavier in confusion.

Edit: i typed that like 3 hours ago, went to dinner, came back, and realized I forgot to hit send. Meanwhile this topic jumped from 2 to 12 pages lol

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Wait, so all of the time Xavier was dead was only for less than a day? If that's the case, I kind of agree with Shaw. What's the big deal? Also, if all of this took place in 1 day, that means Fallen Angels and Marauders are operating on a teeny tiny time frame. Emma was apparently distraught, but not so shook up to end her dicking with Shaw early or postpone announcing Kate as the Red Queen and giving her her ship for even a couple hours. Huh?

Killing and reviving Xavier like this feels like a mistake. He was probably the only character who's death might have mattered, and now that that has happened and been easily fixed, no death really feels important.

Jean's been dead for so long I have no idea how she's supposed to sound. She didn't seem particularly scared these last couple issues.

Apocalypse wants to go to war, despite them not knowing who exactly is attacking them or from where. All they know is a vague group name. Smart man. Being a nation, they can't be so reckless. Given that there's little indication that the rest of the world even knows there was a terrorist attack, never mind not knowing Xavier died, if Krakoa were to start openly invading and attack other nations, THEY would look like the bad guy. They wouldn't even be able to say "Our leader was assassinated!", because people would just point at the living Xavier in confusion.

Edit: i typed that like 3 hours ago, went to dinner, came back, and realized I forgot to hit send. Meanwhile this topic jumped from 2 to 12 pages lol
    but atleast we finally know for a fact Xavier doesn't have a sinister mark on his forehead now.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

idk i think they did alla that just to show us that this new status quo is legit. sort of like a stunt, if that makes sense. In case anyone was still thinking all the resurrections sre gonna be revealed as sketchy the writers were like nah, look, this is how its gonna be

This, although I think being underwhelmed over Xaviers redirection is intentional as being immortal is being explored in one of the other books.

So many mutant powers and so uncreative with their security around the island.

1. Tie Caliban to a tree to welcome mutants before krakoa
    2. Get Jamie Braddock to mess with borders so you get warped into a rabbit until he warps you back in a secured chamber
    3. I would have thought Storm would have felt a plane coming like in World's Apart
    4. Beautiful dreamer has traps
    5.. Peepers on lookout
    7. Trinity to dose every visitor with nantes and flood the island with nanites
    8. Magik and Selene set up confounding wards or render the island invisible
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-12-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    idk i think they did alla that just to show us that this new status quo is legit. sort of like a stunt, if that makes sense. In case anyone was still thinking all the resurrections sre gonna be revealed as sketchy the writers were like nah, look, this is how its gonna be
    But that doesn't mean the resurrections aren't sketchy. Xavier being willing/capable of dying and coming back like that makes sense with the way its been presented. Hell, he said something about erasing and restoring himself from backups already. At least for me, all this accomplished was lowering the stakes. If even the leaders can die and only go away for a day tops, why does it matter if anyone else gets offed? They'll just grow a new one. It makes Apocalypse just look more stupid in this preview. WE MUST START A WAR BECAUSE SOME (maybe?)HUMANS MODERATELY INCONVENIENCED ONE OF US!

If Hope gets offed or one of the 5 who can't be replaced they're screwed. I mean they all live in one house too

BANNED

Storm was off island with the Marauders during the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    If Hope gets offed or one of the 5 who can't be replaced they're screwed. I mean they all live in one house too
    Why would they be screwed? The Five only create the bodies and make them viable. It would make sense that each of them already have made back up clones ready for Xavier to download their memories into should they die. It would be shortsighted to not have taken that insurance policy

But that doesn't mean the resurrections aren't sketchy. Xavier being willing/capable of dying and coming back like that makes sense with the way its been presented. Hell, he said something about erasing and restoring himself from backups already. At least for me, all this accomplished was lowering the stakes. If even the leaders can die and only go away for a day tops, why does it matter if anyone else gets offed? They'll just grow a new one. It makes Apocalypse just look more stupid in this preview. WE MUST START A WAR BECAUSE SOME (maybe?)HUMANS MODERATELY INCONVENIENCED ONE OF US!
    The whole point of introducing the resurrection according to Hickman was to explore what "high stakes" means when death is off the table. In my mind, xavier's death here was supposed to prove that the possibility of death isnt as high stakes as it used to be which should pave the way for more inventive storytelling going forwards