Page 358 of 772 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408458 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Ditto. Their relationship is strained atm but they made an example to NOT break them up.

Considering how Marvel annulled their marriage if they wanted them broken up it would be under no uncertain terms.
    What i find intriguing and a potential conflict is what happens when she visits the intergalatic empire. I mean for all intents and purposes she is regonized as one of their goddesses now be it ill or not and while i don't think Storm would take advantage of that unless she absolutely needed to it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Politically we know Wakanda is wakanda and as such they made the right choice for wakanda but i mean like the everyday citizens.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    What i find intriguing and a potential conflict is what happens when she visits the intergalatic empire. I mean for all intents and purposes she is regonized as one of their goddesses now be it ill or not and while i don't think Storm would take advantage of that unless she absolutely needed to it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Politically we know Wakanda is wakanda and as such they made the right choice for wakanda but i mean like the everyday citizens.
    we never actually see the the intergalatic empire representative respond to storm announcing herself; however, we do know they do not accept Abigail's offer even after this is revealed. so it will be interesting to see them interact though I would imagine with her dealings with wakanda thus far she isn't surprised by this decision.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    we never actually see the the intergalatic empire representative respond to storm announcing herself; however, we do know they do not accept Abigail's offer even after this is revealed. so it will be interesting to see them interact though I would imagine with her dealings with wakanda thus far she isn't surprised by this decision.
    They were still together after the vote on Krakoa so i don't think the vote is a big deal at all. I just meant how people will feel about her legacy. They can respect her as a goddess but know their king is the law so i just meant like little personal thoughts. The Queen of Wakanda Prime now the Queen of Sol. I wonder how Thor and others will respond as well. We could be eating so good the table may not be able to support the weight. lol. Tony Stark must have some things to say i mean in a lot of ways he kind of was advocating this when he said he wouldn't want to go up against her.

Yooo as i'm typing this all the pieces are coming together even Curse of the Manthing, the feat with Thor, Tony saying she was able to pull together all the heavy hitters on Earth. Queen of Sol. lol

Xavier's the "goddess of" heres a crumb
    Knull: Most powerful avatar. "heres another crumb.:
    Curse of "Good to be a storm god." a whole slice of bread

Finally culminating in her claiming the whole damn cake. lol

You boy Coates did Storm a solid.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-24-2021 at 09:31 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Ditto. Their relationship is strained atm but they made an example to NOT break them up.

Considering how Marvel annulled their marriage if they wanted them broken up it would be under no uncertain terms.
    She broke into the most sacred territory in the kingdom, beat up T’Challa’s sister, and he tells her not to return while burning a Krakoan gate. How in the name of Bast are they still together lol. The next week they had Storm flirting with Wolverine and it’s clear as day the events of the Coates run’s end take place well before XOS since it was supposed to come out before Marauders #13.

The writer for the BP KIB tie-in says even if you’re not with your significant other anymore it doesn’t mean you stop loving them implying that by the time his story takes place Storm and T’Challa are no longer together. There’s certainly room for reconciliation between them as like I said there’s probably still love between them and T’Challa says Storm can eventually return but on Wakandan terms.

But given how things shook out it’s rather obvious they’re not seeing each other, which is further confirmed when Coates in an interview says they can date other people, suggesting they’re little more than friends with benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    They were still together after the vote on Krakoa so i don't think the vote is a big deal at all. I just meant how people will feel about her legacy. They can respect her as a goddess but know their king is the law so i just meant like little personal thoughts. The Queen of Wakanda Prime now the Queen of Sol. I wonder how Thor and others will respond as well. We could be eating so good the table may not be able to support the weight. lol. Tony Stark must have some things to say i mean in a lot of ways he kind of was advocating this when he said he wouldn't want to go up against her.

Yooo as i'm typing this all the pieces are coming together even Curse of the Manthing, the feat with Thor, Tony saying she was able to pull together all the heavy hitters on Earth. Queen of Sol. lol
    Remember Tchalla is Emperor now you better put some respect on his name lol.

But in all seriousness yes I agree that beyond their reverence for her they will always put the interest of the galactic empire above all, which should be expected. I dont think Ororo would take this personally in any way. Now I'm very interested to see some of the other heroes response to this news. Namor, Thor, IM, Tchalla (she still hasn't said one word to him yet), Fury, maybe even Medusa, etc. and yes only the queen of sol could bring people together like she can.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    She broke into the most sacred territory in the kingdom, beat up T’Challa’s sister, and he tells her not to return while burning a Krakoan gate. How in the name of Bast are they still together lol. The next week they had Storm flirting with Wolverine and it’s clear as day the events of the Coates run’s end take place well before XOS since it was supposed to come out before Marauders #13.

The writer for the BP KIB tie-in says even if you’re not with your significant other anymore it doesn’t mean you stop loving them implying that by the time his story takes place Storm and T’Challa are no longer together. There’s certainly room for reconciliation between them as like I said there’s probably still love between them and T’Challa says Storm can eventually return but on Wakandan terms.

But given how things shook out it’s rather obvious they’re not seeing each other, which is further confirmed when Coates in an interview says they can date other people, suggesting they’re little more than friends with benefits.
    this is what a breakup looks like

If things were really that sour they wouldn't have been at the gala dancing and Storm certainly wouldn't still be appearing in the next run of BP. I know you don't want them together but this is super saiyan level reaching lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

this is what a breakup looks like

If things were really that sour they wouldn't have been at the gala dancing and Storm certainly wouldn't still be appearing in the next run of BP. I know you don't want them together but this is super saiyan level reaching lol.
    They weren’t shown together at the gala lol. And outside two generic covers Storm hasn’t been referenced in any solicits or rumors about the upcoming BP book. It’s reaching to say that after a woman breaks into her man’s home, beats up his sister, berates him publicly, and after he deletes all contact with her and tells her not to return they’re no longer together lol. That sounds perfectly logical.

It was more explicit in AvX because they were married and it was handled more softly here because it was a black woman writing the break up but there’s no way to look at that issue as anything other than two friends with benefits having a falling out. Maybe they get back together but most signs since seem to indicate they’re no longer seeing each other romantically despite their feelings.

They weren’t shown together at the gala lol. And outside two generic covers Storm hasn’t been referenced in any solicits or rumors about the upcoming BP book. It’s reaching to say that after a woman breaks into her man’s home, beats up his sister, berates him publicly, and after he deletes all contact with her and tells her not to return they’re no longer together lol. That sounds perfectly logical.

It was more explicit in AvX because they were married and it was handled more softly here because it was a black woman writing the break up but there’s no way to look at that issue as anything other than two friends with benefits having a falling out. Maybe they get back together but most signs since seem to indicate they’re no longer seeing each other romantically despite their feelings.
    Tchalla represents Wakanda and Ororo is a representative of Krakoa who also was on mars terraforming the planet. Them not being shown talking is just that and doesn't indicate they are not together.

She's literally in his next run appearing on the covers of the first two issues, so of they were not together why would she be there. As Coates mentioned he understands its possible another writer will come along and break them up but it simply hasn't happened yet. you are jumping the gun here boo.

also a black woman didn't write that break up. it was Jason Aaron.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-24-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

thank you boo!!! its been so long overdue!!!! its good to see you friend!
    Thanks Butterflykyssfor the welcome, indeed I knew when that page hit it be the long deserved talk of the Stormy Town and it is good to see this respect given to Storm with such amazing artwork and IMO one of the best writer at Marvel right now Al Ewing!

Also we has that heartwarming moment with My Scarlet Witch at the end of the issue with amazing done drawing and inking, Both ladies looked incredible! I got 2 Goddesses for the price of 1 issue each with positively talked about moments.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Thanks Butterflykyssfor the welcome, indeed I knew when that page hit it be the long deserved talk of the Stormy Town and it is good to see this respect given to Storm with such amazing artwork and IMO one of the best writer at Marvel right now Al Ewing!

Also we has that heartwarming moment with My Scarlet Witch at the end of the issue with amazing done drawing and inking, Both ladies looked incredible! I got 2 Goddesses for the price of 1 issue each with positively talked about moments.
    yes the moment at the end was such a beautiful surprise. It definitely had me in my feels after seeing Ororo's moment to then see Wanda reconnect and reconcile with her father. the issue overall was just phenomenal read all the way around.

It doesnt matter much here or there to me at this point, was never a fan of the union. However i will say id love for Storms progression to not be hindered by anything and that includes her Wakandan history excluding her Hadari Yao realization.

I don't know what they're plans are for the couple but let it be organic and not annoyingly handled. I remember back when she married him i thought it would put her at the forefront but she became a trophy wife and wallpaper.

The divorce was the best thing at the time to me lol but Coates did his thing and now Ewing is here building on that. Im not a big BP fan tbh so my interests really are just STORM..and her STORY. Shes an all powerful being and that was intended from go and i dont want the current progress messed up. Wakanda was an era for her but Storm is and always will be an X-man, a goddess and now the queen of heaven, REGENT and voice for a star system. Shes all those things, no longer the queen of Wakanda

I know black love is scarce in Marvel but it just never clicked for me but going forward i hope whatever happens that it works on HER time now because it is HER time now to break out of a decades old character stasis.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 06-24-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Astonishing Member

Tchalla represents Wakanda and Ororo is a representative of Krakoa who also was on mars terraforming the planet. Them not being shown talking is just that and doesn't indicate they are not together.

She's literally in his next run appearing on the covers of the first two issues, so of they were not together why would she be there. As Coates mentioned he understands its possible another writer will come along and break them up but it simply hasn't happened yet. you are jumping the gun here boo.
    You said they were at the gala dancing, that never happened. They were in the same space for a time at least, as they’re both shown in a splash page in X-Force but not together or interacting. T’Challa spent more time with Namor than he did Storm at the Hellfire Gala. But that’s not conclusive evidence I admit.

She appears in a basic #1 cover that shows the Avengers, an outdated Shuri costume, and random tribesmen. The Alex Ross art is a depiction of where T’Challa was left off by Coates in the greater MU not a sign of things to come. The cover for #2 is the same thing, nothing related to the actual story in the solicits. We see a bunch of space ships but we already know for a fact this isn’t a cosmic arc for example. Coates said they can date other people because the way he left them (which keep in mind takes place before Marauders before the delays messed up the scheduling) they weren’t committed to each other in any official way.

Marauders says the same when Shuri says her and T’Challa are close to fully reconnecting, recognizing that while they do things a couple would do, they’re not official (and thus not exclusive). This gets built up on in X-Force when she’s flirting with Wolverine and there’s not a single mention of T’Challa but Storm is quick to bring up Jean lol. Coates isn’t saying a writer can break them up, he’s saying they’re not together in the first place. Marauders just made it so they’re not only not together, they’re not friends with benefits anymore either lol.

I think you’re reaching butterflykyss. But I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Either way Storm’s arc is bigger than her ties to Wakanda, she’s operating on a much higher level than Earth stuff now which is the most important thing for her character IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    It doesnt matter much here or there to me at this point, was never a fan of the union. However i will say id love for Storms progression to not be hindered by anything and that includes her Wakandan history excluding her Hadari Yao realization.

I don't know what they're plans are for the couple but let it be organic and not annoyingly handled. I remember back when she married him i thought it would put her at the forefront but she became a trophy wife and wallpaper.

The divorce was the best thing at the time to me lol but Coates did his thing and now Ewing is here building on that. Im not a big BP fan tbh so my interests really are just STORM..and her STORY. Shes an all powerful being and that was intended from go and i dont want the current progress messed up. Wakanda was an era for her but Storm is and always will be an X-man, a goddess and now the queen of heaven, REGENT and voice for a star system. Shes all those things, no longer the queen of Sol.

I know black love is scarce in Marvel but it just never clicked for me but going forward i hope whatever happens that it works on HER time now because it is HER time now to break out of a decades old character stasis.

For those who were critical of their union for this reason always was mind boggling. She was nothing more than a supporting character after uncanny by Claremont and then after the annulled marriage that trend very much continued if not got worse. It seemed her being a supporting character was only an issue when it occurred outside the xbooks but was fine so long as she was playing this part in an xbook

You said they were at the gala dancing, that never happened. They were in the same space for a time at least, as they’re both shown in a splash page in X-Force but not together or interacting. T’Challa spent more time with Namor than he did Storm at the Hellfire Gala. But that’s not conclusive evidence I admit.

She appears in a basic #1 cover that shows the Avengers, an outdated Shuri costume, and random tribesmen. The Alex Ross art is a depiction of where T’Challa was left off by Coates in the greater MU not a sign of things to come. The cover for #2 is the same thing, nothing related to the actual story in the solicits. We see a bunch of space ships but we already know for a fact this isn’t a cosmic arc for example. Coates said they can date other people because the way he left them (which keep in mind takes place before Marauders before the delays messed up the scheduling) they weren’t committed to each other in any official way.

Marauders says the same when Shuri says her and T’Challa are close to fully reconnecting, recognizing that while they do things a couple would do, they’re not official (and thus not exclusive). This gets built up on in X-Force when she’s flirting with Wolverine and there’s not a single mention of T’Challa but Storm is quick to bring up Jean lol. Coates isn’t saying a writer can break them up, he’s saying they’re not together in the first place. Marauders just made it so they’re not only not together, they’re not friends with benefits anymore either lol.

I think you’re reaching butterflykyss. But I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Either way Storm’s arc is bigger than her ties to Wakanda, she’s operating on a much higher level than Earth stuff now which is the most important thing for her character IMO.
    1. I was referring to shuri dancing with wiz kid. if wakanda had bad blood with krakoa they would be more icy than that.

2. even if we are to assume the cover is meant to represent the past and not indicate where the current book is at, why would storm then appear on the issue 2 cover if they are not together? that doesn't make any sense for a franchise to put a character tchalla is not involved with on their cover two times in a row.

3. Coates canonical depiction of ororo and tchalla most certainly indicates they are together and that was very clear by the end if his run. to suggest otherwise isn't anywhere close to canon and what was shown within the book.

4. I dont have to reach when the scans speak for me:

they are very much a thing at the end of his run and she is still on the bp covers on the next run. makes sense to conclude they are together.

Unfortunately due to Coates storytelling and the publication schedule, the concluding issue of his BP run essentially takes place before the entire current Avengers run and most of Hickman's X-run, so where they were at in those pages doesn't reflect their current status. That's essentially months ago in-universe; before Storm stole the sword and well-before her helping to geoengineer Mars and becoming Regent of Sol.

Notice T'Challa and Ororo were not even talking to each other at the Gala, let alone presented as a couple. Why would Wakanda be so politically opposed to Krakoa if they were still together(especially since Ororo single-handedly saved the country in vol 1 and was instrumental to them fending off and usurping the Galactic Empire in vol 2)?
    Last edited by yogaflame; 06-24-2021 at 10:42 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Babies Marvel is popping off today honey.... I'm gagging:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...07659308507136

The Power of Tanehesi Coates

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Babies Marvel is popping off today honey.... I'm gagging:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...07659308507136

The Power of Tanehesi Coates
    The Queen of Mars Got My Twitter Like! ^_^
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!