• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    Yes we will do that show them the power of the Storm fanbase and realize we won’t just except anything.

I cannot deal with that gif lmao. I’m hoping more and more that it does tank. Ok ok I won’t go and see it lol.
    Lolol.

But seriously we can't complain if Disney does decide to leave the Fox-men as is after the merger if after all our grumblings we still go out and support these movies. We would be a part of the problem we want corrected. So I hope you hold out as well as others and don't go see it in the theater or and Fox-men movie including gambit, kitty and the new mutant movies. There are other ways to see it for free if you must see it...
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-13-2018 at 11:53 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'd be very surprised if it did get made at all, I thought they were trying to do a Gambit movie for a few years now?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Start @ 33:36

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post

Not sure how I feel about this...lol

Well, other then Lupita should have been Storm.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

He and her said the same thing in an interview before. If lupita becomes a villain as a result of storm coming on the scene it would totally be in line with 616.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

I mean, as hyped as this movie has become, as much as the female actresses are proud of their characters, and the representation and everything, I just find it very hard to see Disney-Marvel throwing Oscar-winning actress Luptia under the bus in a sequel for (what actress can beat Lupita in Hollywood right now?) Storm. I guess only time will tell; she could betray him in this very film and they're all just misdirecting in these interviews(though what Chadwick says here would be quite the spoiler...), but I don't know. Marvel may just make Nakia so great the fandom doesn't even care to see Storm take her place. The MCU machine is spinning some gold out of straw over there(GotG for example). Meanwhile Fox turned golden Storm into lead....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Did storm appear in any books today?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Did storm appear in any books today?
    Not that I'm aware of no. And none of her alternate counterparts either. She'll probably be sleep next week too in Gold. She hasn't been taking her meds. She hasn't wanted to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post

Omg they are in talks about the marriage being portrayed on the big screen. They have to be. This is soooo crazy! That smile gave away too much. Not to mention the "Five film deal".

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I mean, as hyped as this movie has become, as much as the female actresses are proud of their characters, and the representation and everything, I just find it very hard to see Disney-Marvel throwing Oscar-winning actress Luptia under the bus in a sequel for (what actress can beat Lupita in Hollywood right now?) Storm. I guess only time will tell; she could betray him in this very film and they're all just misdirecting in these interviews(though what Chadwick says here would be quite the spoiler...), but I don't know. Marvel may just make Nakia so great the fandom doesn't even care to see Storm take her place. The MCU machine is spinning some gold out of straw over there(GotG for example). Meanwhile Fox turned golden Storm into lead....
    I expressed these almost exact thoughts in another thread, but you worded it much better. Lupita is such a likable person, I could see Marvel not going the route with her they took in the comics. Then there's the possibility of Monica Lynne showing up... I think there just might be too many hurdles for a possible Storm/T'Challa relationship to be portrayed on screen. I mean by the time Storm even appears in the MCU, Chadwick might be on the later side of his 40s pushing 50. Do we want a young-ish Storm or already seasoned veteran/warrior Storm when she debuts?

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    Not that I'm aware of no. And none of her alternate counterparts either. She'll probably be sleep next week too in Gold. She hasn't been taking her meds. She hasn't wanted to.
    Lolol

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Omg they are in talks about the marriage being portrayed on the big screen. They have to be. This is soooo crazy! That smile gave away too much. Not to mention the "Five film deal".
    Yes.. This is why I see Marvel doing right by storm. So many people are asking or wanting to see it happen and it's permeating through all forms of media. Like I'm surprised this was discussed on the breakfast club. So time will tell. All the inquiries about storm is a very good thing. Let's just hope whenever she appears we get a better actress casted.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    That means he'll be finished after BP 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I expressed these almost exact thoughts in another thread, but you worded it much better. Lupita is such a likable person, I could see Marvel not going the route with her they took in the comics. Then there's the possibility of Monica Lynne showing up... I think there just might be too many hurdles for a possible Storm/T'Challa relationship to be portrayed on screen. I mean by the time Storm even appears in the MCU, Chadwick might be on the later side of his 40s pushing 50. Do we want a young-ish Storm or already seasoned veteran/warrior Storm when she debuts?
    Plus, in the comics, Nakia had an issue with Monica Lynne, and tried to kill her. So, if there's another woman in T'challa's life in the sequels, it might be Monica. Storm is still stuck in the Foxhole until the merger happens.

Also, Storm marrying/dating T'challa is not a necessity for her to be apart of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I’m sure Marvel will try and get him to do a BP 3 before he’s truly finished.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Lolol

Yes.. This is why I see Marvel doing right by storm. So many people are asking or wanting to see it happen and it's permeating through all forms of media. Like I'm surprised this was discussed on the breakfast club. So time will tell. All the inquiries about storm is a very good thing. Let's just hope whenever she appears we get a better actress casted.
    I'm just excited that there is this general knowledge that they were married in the comics. Because of this they will always be mentioned in some fashion together. They always be linked in them at way. Damisa-Sarki and Hadari Yao long may they reign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Lol I'm foolishly hoping that his cameo in Civil War doesn't count. I'll be happy no matter the direction they go with BP. I'll be here for it all the way. Whether or not Storm gets to show up in a grand way to make a mark on his mythos and vice versa, I'll be happy. I'll be eternally grateful if Storm is played up in his universe in a major way. But I'll still be fine if the timing of the FOX deal doesn't allow for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m sure Marvel will try and get him to do a BP 3 before he’s truly finished.
    One can hope, right?