Page 35 of 360 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Consequences. I think.
    You are correct Storm. The only good thing to come out of that event.

Note to self: get a new camera.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

i have been a very, very bad boy....

Daredevil Vol 2 Omnibus by Brubaker
    Ghost Rider Omnibus By Arron
    Immortal Iron Fist omni
    Punisher omni by Remender
    Uncanny X-Force omni
    Wolverine Omni by Arron
    with a free gift of the Alias Omni

all from Cheap-comics

all i need now to be up to date with everything i want are both vol 1's of DD and the Astonishing X-men omni and the little but no chance Ennis punisher omni

and added Dark Avengers OHC as the price just went down on Amazon
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 04-07-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Just put in an order for Transmetropolitan 2-4, can't wait for them to arrive

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    i have been a very, very bad boy....

Daredevil Vol 2 Omnibus by Brubaker
    Ghost Rider Omnibus By Arron
    Immortal Iron Fist omni
    Punisher omni by Remender
    Uncanny X-Force omni
    Wolverine Omni by Arron
    with a free gift of the Alias Omni

all from Cheap-comics

all i need now to be up to date with everything i want are both vol 1's of DD and the Astonishing X-men omni and the little but no chance Ennis punisher omni

and added Dark Avengers OHC as the price just went down on Amazon
    DAMNNN. How much did you give for that Uncanny X-Force omni if you don't mind me asking?

I just got:

Avengers by Jonathan Hickman vol. 1 OHC
    Infinity OHC
    New Avengers by Jonathan Hickman vol. 1 OHC
    New X-Men Omnibus

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Orion Omnibus - DC
    Transformers Legacy: Art of TF Packaging (hardcover) - IDW
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    DAMNNN. How much did you give for that Uncanny X-Force omni if you don't mind me asking?

I just got:

Avengers by Jonathan Hickman vol. 1 OHC
    Infinity OHC
    New Avengers by Jonathan Hickman vol. 1 OHC
    New X-Men Omnibus
    £100 for uxf, cheapest I have seen for a sealed copy I can get with cheap shipping to the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Orion Omnibus - DC
    Transformers Legacy: Art of TF Packaging (hardcover) - IDW
    Does Simonson's Orion tell a proper story with a neat ending or is it interrupted by crossovers/events and/or the ending is left open for a new writer to pick up?

£100 for uxf, cheapest I have seen for a sealed copy I can get with cheap shipping to the UK
    I just went there and you must have snagged one of the last ones because it's not listed! Good price though. That's a helluva haul too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    I just went there and you must have snagged one of the last ones because it's not listed! Good price though. That's a helluva haul too.
    Had It in my basket for about a month, was going wait till I'd made some sales, but I thought what the hell, why wait

Looks like I got the last iron fist as well, there is a uxf on eBay that has been readvertised a few times, gradually going down in price, its £105 at the most, you could probably make him an offer
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 04-07-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Had It in my basket for about a month, was going wait till I'd made some sales, but I thought what the hell, why wait

Looks like I got the last iron fist as well, there is a uxf on eBay that has been readvertised a few times, gradually going down in price, its £105 at the most, you could probably make him an offer
    I was gonna say the IIF omnibus is rare now as well. Thanks for the info, I'm gonna have to jump on the UXF omnibus soon though, I don't think it'll get reprinted anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Does Simonson's Orion tell a proper story with a neat ending or is it interrupted by crossovers/events and/or the ending is left open for a new writer to pick up?
    I don't honestly know. From looking at it on comicvine.com it seems it's likely to tell one story BUT issue #19 seems to be a Joker crossover. I don't recall how wide or if at all Jokers Last Laugh was an "event".

I've ordered it assuming that I'm going to largely get one story with a beginning/end.

I don't honestly know. From looking at it on comicvine.com it seems it's likely to tell one story BUT issue #19 seems to be a Joker crossover. I don't recall how wide or if at all Jokers Last Laugh was an "event".

I've ordered it assuming that I'm going to largely get one story with a beginning/end.
    The Orion series is relatively self-contained. I tried writing it so that if the reader wasn't familiar with the New Gods, the comic would cover everything they needed to know. There was a cross-over with the Joker Last Laugh business, but I found a story I liked enough to do it in two issues that I think work pretty well. I wrote a series of backup stories for a number of friends of mine to draw. Those stories were generally related to the lead story, sometimes as a matter of atmosphere, sometimes as a connected story to enlarge the reader's understanding of what was happening. DC made the decision to separate all the short stories from their context and put them in the back of the book, along with several stand alone short stories that appeared in other comics. I wasn't consulted about any of this, and it's going to make the material more difficult to read in the way in which I had intended. But the volume does contain pretty much everything I'd drawn or written about the Fourth World material.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Simonson View Post
    The Orion series is relatively self-contained. I tried writing it so that if the reader wasn't familiar with the New Gods, the comic would cover everything they needed to know. There was a cross-over with the Joker Last Laugh business, but I found a story I liked enough to do it in two issues that I think work pretty well. I wrote a series of backup stories for a number of friends of mine to draw. Those stories were generally related to the lead story, sometimes as a matter of atmosphere, sometimes as a connected story to enlarge the reader's understanding of what was happening. DC made the decision to separate all the short stories from their context and put them in the back of the book, along with several stand alone short stories that appeared in other comics. I wasn't consulted about any of this, and it's going to make the material more difficult to read in the way in which I had intended. But the volume does contain pretty much everything I'd drawn or written about the Fourth World material.
    Thank you for the answer! Well, at least all the material is in one book so we just have to flip it back and forth between the issues and the back ups.

Thanks for the reply Mr. Simonson! Your work and reputation were enough for me to make this blind buy a low risk despite me having little knowledge of Orion beyond crossovers.
    I'm looking forward to getting the book even moreso now!

Thanks for the reply Mr. Simonson! Your work and reputation were enough for me to make this blind buy a low risk despite me having little knowledge of Orion beyond crossovers.
    I'm looking forward to getting the book even moreso now!
    Same here!