Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised Tim hasn't done much in Tynion's run yet.
    Tim won't do much in the future of Tynion's run either.

Tynion has already confirmed Batman comic will focus on develop the new characters.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-14-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Accidentally posted to the wrong thread. Correcting:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    If Damian is going to be giving up the colors, maybe he should give up the moniker too. This would be a perfect opportunity to transition to a Bat-themed codename, like maybe Ibn al Xu'ffasch (“Soon of the Bat”).

Not that I particularly want Tim to be Robin anymore, mind you. But it's better than Drake or Red Robin.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they used the recent time shenanigans to age Tim back up to adulthood and have him do something like the Agent 23 thing that Dick did for a while: have him become a private investigator, more along the lines of the Question. Heck, if they want to retire Vic Sage again and don't want to bring back Renee Montoya as his successor, Tim would make a great Question.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Or he can stick with Red Robin. never saw what was wrong with the name.

I don't want Tim mirroring Dick by becoming a spy. The bat boys copy each other too much as is not to mention I don't think Tim would make a good spy [Alvin Draper is no Agent 37]

Tim as a part time PI while he studies is an idea. That way he can have his work life balance thing going that was his thing way back then
    When I mentioned the Agent 37 thing, I wasn't thinking “espionage agent” so much as “giving up the costume and codename, but continuing the crimefighting in another way”. And although I used Dick as a reference, I don't consider that to be copying Dick: the seeds for Tim doing something like that we're planted as far back as Tim's early Robin run, when Tim told Dick that he considers the costumed crimefighting thing to be a temporary job that he planned to eventually move on from.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Robin on Gotham, probably. Just like now there's 2 Superboy, possibly 2 Wondergirl with Yara, multiple Kid Flash and Batgirl, even multiple Batman
    There's only one current Kid Flash, Wallace West. There's four Flashes and two Impulses though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's only one current Kid Flash, Wallace West. There's four Flashes and two Impulses though.
    I hope we don't get that with Robin. I'd rather Tim go back to the 'Drake' codename, honestly felt they dropped out of that too soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    I hope we don't get that with Robin. I'd rather Tim go back to the 'Drake' codename, honestly felt they dropped out of that too soon.
    I suspect they will return to Red Robin. They don't exactly left that identity, since Tim was still called as Red Robin in some stories with his new Robin suit.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-14-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I suspect they will return to Red Robin. They don't exactly left that identity, since Tim was still valled as Red Robin in some stories with his new Robin suit.
    I'm only for Red Robin if they change the suit. He's been looking way too much like 'Robin' as of late. I'd be up for a look something closer to pre-52

Robin Eternal was interesting to read ... in a bad way. It borrowed from Duke and Jason's Mythology a bit too much for my liking.

Wasn't a fan and Eddy on art [same guy that was on Rebirth Tec]

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I suspect they will return to Red Robin. They don't exactly left that identity, since Tim was still called as Red Robin in some stories with his new Robin suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    I'm only for Red Robin if they change the suit. He's been looking way too much like 'Robin' as of late. I'd be up for a look something closer to pre-52
    Put him in a cowl like Pre-Flashpoint, or in the one previewed in Gotham Knights, so that Damian’s walking around in a recolored, largely red-less version of his classic Robin costume, while Tim has more red and a totally different profile.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Robin Eternal was interesting to read ... in a bad way. It borrowed from Duke and Jason's Mythology a bit too much for my liking.

Wasn't a fan and Eddy on art [same guy that was on Rebirth Tec]
    I enjoyed it, was not perfect though. Always enjoyed Burrows art, it's fairly clean and easy to understand (in contrast, I had a hard time following the art in Dark Detective). I found Tim to be somewhat impulsive and ill-prepared, which are things Tim is not. At the same time though, I got the old school feeling of a Tim who is capable, but always manages to get in over his head.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Oooops. I feel bad for spoiler he’s is dragging her down with him
    That's why I'd prefer if it was steph as the batgirl in nightwing well babs was just oracle.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    That's why I'd prefer if it was steph as the batgirl in nightwing well babs was just oracle.
    If they are planning on using Babs for batgirl in games and movies she shouldn’t give it up
    Steph will just have to hope detective comics will keep her busy

Astonishing Member

If they are planning on using Babs for batgirl in games and movies she shouldn’t give it up
    Tim as Robin is being used in a game (and it seems he will appear in Titans), but DC comics seems to have give up on him.

In itself, Barbara doesn't need to be Batgirl to be used that way outside comics (after all, Dick is still used as Robin outside comics).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Young Justice is disbanding, that we know. Conner's joining the Suicide Squad, Naomi's joining the Justice League, and Dial H is going to Teen Titans Academy. Hopefully we'll know in the next month or two where some of the others will land, including Tim. But Damian getting a solo book without even a subtitle pretty much scuppers Tim's chances of getting one unless he reverts to Red Robin.
    One more YJ member has found a home, which it seems the final issue set up - Keli Quintela, Teen Lantern, will appear in Green Lantern. And Bart's on the cover of March's issue of Flash. So that's five members sorted. I wonder if there'll be any surprises in the solicits tonight?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Babs doesn't have to be batgirl and oracle in the same book. Babs can be oracle nightwing and steph could be the "batgirl" in nightwing. Stephanie doesn't have to go to limbo just because tim is.

Astonishing Member

I think there is still a chance for a Batgirls title, because Williamson tweeted that Cass will be busy somewhere. Maybe it's Batgirls, and if so, then at least Stephanie will get the book.
    But where Tim could be put, I can not imagine. There is definitely no solo, because they are unlikely to launch both Robin and Red Robin at the same time.