Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I am not impressed. And I very much doubt she can carry a movie. She looks the part, and that's where IMO all similarities with her character and Storm end.
    I think she had the look, attitude and accent....just not the screentime.

Sadly, given the present state of the X-Men, the only way I can imagine a solo female movie making a decent profit would be to give X-23 her own movie with a Wolverine related title.

There are a lot of females that deserve a solo, but only so many that would turn a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I am not impressed. And I very much doubt she can carry a movie. She looks the part, and that's where IMO all similarities with her character and Storm end.
    Given her screen time, I think its very hard to say whether she was bad or even good.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Sadly, given the present state of the X-Men, the only way I can imagine a solo female movie making a decent profit would be to give X-23 her own movie with a Wolverine related title.

There are a lot of females that deserve a solo, but only so many that would turn a profit.
    Make it good and they will come. Many of these women are uber-powered. Trained fighters. Have superpowerful drama. Plus, they can make a solo out of a group story. Like making a Kitty movie would start with her backstory, x-men, wolverine then excalibur then x-men (just her own story throughout). Hellfire can be an Emma or Selene or Sage vehicle.

They could cameo faves and tweek stories ala MCU to make it more mainstream.

I could see a Rachel movie working with Deadpool and Cable.

BANNED

It's probable that Fox will continue the Wolverine franchise with X-23 as the lead based on the rumors we've had so far. However of the X-Women in the films right now, Storm or Psylocke probably have the most potential with the right story. Jean is probably going to be a central focus in the core films going forward, so I don't know that there's much more to explore with her in a solo film.

[Monet, because everyone is going to say their fave. #facts]

Jennifer Lawrence has been phoning in her performances, but DoFP gave Mystique one of the stronger character arcs (outside of Magneto/Wolverine/Professor X of course).

It's Mystique, it just shouldn't be J.Law continuing a franchise that has clearly delivered her worst performances to date.

If it's a new/unexplored character, I think Jubilee and Magik have the most potential to bring something different in a solo film.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 06-08-2016 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    It's Mystique, it just shouldn't be J.Law continuing a franchise that has clearly delivered her worst performances to date.
    I would say her performance in the last Hunger Games movie was worse - she just looked incredibly bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's probable that Fox will continue the Wolverine franchise with X-23 as the lead based on the rumors we've had so far.
    As much as I would love to see an X-23 movie, can we really trust Fox to do her character right when so many comic writers can't seem to do that?

As much as a lot of X-Women deserve their own solo movie, I don't see anyone outside of Mystique (because Jennifer Lawrence is popular) or X-23 making that much money, and even then, they'd need to introduce X-23 in another movie first.

A proper Magik movie would be awesome though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    [Monet, because everyone is going to say their fave. #facts]
    I have no problem with an M-movie...
    Jennifer Lawrence has been phoning in her performances, but DoFP gave Mystique one of the stronger character arcs (outside of Magneto/Wolverine/Professor X of course).
    Given how phoned in everybody else's performances in Singer-directed films seem, I think she's just following Singer's directorial guidance. He's always been one for... let's say calm and laid back actor performances in his films.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    As much as I would love to see an X-23 movie, can we really trust Fox to do her character right when so many comic writers can't seem to do that?

As much as a lot of X-Women deserve their own solo movie, I don't see anyone outside of Mystique (because Jennifer Lawrence is popular) or X-23 making that much money, and even then, they'd need to introduce X-23 in another movie first.
    I'm willing to at least give the benefit of the doubt. And the indications we have are that X IS getting introduced in another movie first (Wolverine 3).

I heard that Jem movie wasn't very good so I doubt Dazzler would work.

I would rather see a Lady Deadpool movie then Mystique.

Which ones could work: X-23, Storm, maybe Domino

BANNED

Anyone but her. Mystique is a villain with no cause.

Storm, Jean, and Psylocke are easy spin offs.

If they really do love mystique so much, why not make a Rogue origin story (not being biased or anything lmao) with Mystique in it? They could do SO much with Rogue's origin story, start off with her as a runway child, discovering her powers, being taken in by msytique and destiny to be groomed into a mutant terrorist, take down a bunch of good guys before she can't handle all the psyches in her head and ultimately heading off to xaviers for help. So basically an origin story exploring her childhood and brotherhood background before joining the x-men. Also with a newly casted rogue!! The fox movies screws up all the timeline anyway (like meeting Kurt for the first time in x-men United but having him already join the team in Apocalypse) so it shouldn't be a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    If they really do love mystique so much, why not make a Rogue origin story (not being biased or anything lmao) with Mystique in it? They could do SO much with Rogue's origin story, start off with her as a runway child, discovering her powers, being taken in by msytique and destiny to be groomed into a mutant terrorist, take down a bunch of good guys before she can't handle all the psyches in her head and ultimately heading off to xaviers for help. So basically an origin story exploring her childhood and brotherhood background before joining the x-men. Also with a newly casted rogue!! The fox movies screws up all the timeline anyway (like meeting Kurt for the first time in x-men United but having him already join the team in Apocalypse) so it shouldn't be a big deal
    I love everything about this except the bolded part. Why is it so difficult for people to grasp that the timeline has completely changed so anything can happen? We are literally in an alternative universe now from the OT.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think the core X-Men are basically already the solo stories of Jean Grey and Scott Summers....

Like those two characters stories = core of X-mythos
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by iacobusleo View Post
    I love everything about this except the bolded part. Why is it so difficult for people to grasp that the timeline has completely changed so anything can happen? We are literally in an alternative universe now from the OT.
    All the more they should get someone new to play rogue AND make her a better character instead of what we got in the first three movies