Page 73 of 97 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1446

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed about the family conflict imo but as Salarta has said before, conflict for previous story of the characters has to be earned and so far conflict between Lorna and Magneto in particular has felt more forced than earned.
    The conflict between the two seems natural. The tension was always there it was just subtle. It’s really just feeds into the question “Who would Magneto choose Wanda or Lorna?” That’s been a question for some people unfortunately this mini just seems to put it forth. Really there shouldn’t be any choice between the women as both are deserving of being loved, but Magneto has always tended to favor one over the other.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

baumblume

Last edited by baumblume; 09-21-2021 at 10:43 AM.

baumblume

baumblume

Luna and Pietro
    Attached Images Attached Images

baumblume

baumblume

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    This is the most official art of the family that we've ever gotten since House of M, and there is not canonically a family anymore!

Hopefully, all these covers are a sign of things to come. Trial of Magneto kind of ignores the fact that they aren't a real family anymore, her not being a mutant anymore being more of a plot point. I wonder if that's the motto going forward - essentially the story will treat them as if they're still family, but the retcon will still be in place.

I type all of that with the notion I think that will be dumb and I hope they just get rid of the retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    This is the most official art of the family that we've ever gotten since House of M, and there is not canonically a family anymore!

Hopefully, all these covers are a sign of things to come. Trial of Magneto kind of ignores the fact that they aren't a real family anymore, her not being a mutant anymore being more of a plot point. I wonder if that's the motto going forward - essentially the story will treat them as if they're still family, but the retcon will still be in place.

I type all of that with the notion I think that will be dumb and I hope they just get rid of the retcon.
    They certainly restricted the amount of official art and merchandise for the family for over a decade due to the studio issues. Any House of M t-shirts available from Marvel in that time? Only one which was put out I believe namely because it didn't actually promote the family.

They have no shortage of art coming out and some fairly quality art at that of the family. The only question comes if Disney/Marvel decides to go forward with merchandising them. Sales of the mini will factor in there though based on what we have seen there are no worries there.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-21-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    They certainly restricted the amount of official art and merchandise for the family for over a decade due to the studio issues. Any House of M t-shirts available from Marvel in that time? Only one which was put out I believe namely because it didn't actually promote the family.

They have no shortage of art coming out and some fairly quality art at that of the family. The only question comes if Disney/Marvel decides to go forward with merchandising them. Sales of the mini will factor in there though based on what we have seen there are no worries there.
    There's also the Marvel Legends Family Matters pack that had Magneto, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver figures. I think that sold pretty quickly and has nearly 2,000 reviews on Amazon.

There's clearly money to be had by having them together as a family. The fact it took Marvel/Disney this long after the Fox buyout is honestly kind of annoying, though I think that's more to do with synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    There's also the Marvel Legends Family Matters pack that had Magneto, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver figures. I think that sold pretty quickly and has nearly 2,000 reviews on Amazon.

There's clearly money to be had by having them together as a family. The fact it took Marvel/Disney this long after the Fox buyout is honestly kind of annoying, though I think that's more to do with synergy.
    There were one or two other pieces of merch like Marvel Crisis Protocol that made it through the Fox/Marvel dispute years.

None of the pieces of merch had all four core members of the family. It was typically either Wanda and Pietro or on rare occasion Magneto thrown in.

I do think the delay in having any kind of real story like ToM (which lets face it we don't even know will get rid of the retcon) was logistical between Hickman's plans, the MCU's plans, and the COVID lockdowns. Even if ToM doesn't yet get rid of the retcon it will be a green light to the merchandisers not directly under Disney that the Magnus family is now acceptable to merchandise again. As we saw during the Fox/Marvel dispute many merchandisers could, but I think most just decided to avoid doing so in order to prevent potential problems with Marvel.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-21-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    The conflict between the two seems natural. The tension was always there it was just subtle. It’s really just feeds into the question “Who would Magneto choose Wanda or Lorna?” That’s been a question for some people unfortunately this mini just seems to put it forth. Really there shouldn’t be any choice between the women as both are deserving of being loved, but Magneto has always tended to favor one over the other.
    I think more in terms of they are different relationships and the circunstances are also different, parents usually just have different relationships with each one of their children, not because they favor one particulary but morel like circunstances lead to it, if one of their children gets sick or has an accident, of course they will give that child priority which doesn´t mean they favor them over the others.

In Wanda´s and Lorna case it depends on the circunstance, Magneto made a priority to search for Lorna when he discovered she was still lost in space and before that they had a long association on Genosha but when Lorna decided to go live with X-factor he didn´t try to stop her from leaving but keep the secret of the way her mom died because he knew it would only hurt her, even if she got suspicious and angry at him for not telling her and when he needed help with the 05 kids and he knew she would agree to it he asked for her help and after the Axis retcon Lorna and Magneto did have some interactions that involved them working together towards a mission with the X-men or mutants in general.

He also put did the same with Wanda, during Avengers Dissasembled, he stopped every other project he had to try to help her recover With her, their interactions usually involve her being in mortal danger or sickness for Magneto to show up and interact with her and right now on ToM she literally has been killed and Magneto is trying to bring her back to life, of course she´s at the center of his thoughts right now, just like he was worried about her on Children´s Crusade because ppl were looking for her to kill her and he didn´t know if she was even alive at all or sane, so of course he went to search for her but the moment he saw Wanda was ok, that she has building connections with her own kids and told him she wanted to be left alone, he went back to his own bussines.

So I just see his relationship with both of them different, because with Lorna they usually are able to do some things together as part of their interest on mutants and their links to the X-men, while in Wanda´s case it must involve some kind of danger for her for them to interact again.

Now on the feelings alone pov, I do think Magneto at first cared about Wanda and Pietro because they represented his last link to Magda, his wife and his last link to his human life and on the way started to see them as his children and their own persons, so the retcon actually hurted him deeply emotionally and forced him to appreciate them way more than he did before or at least thats my take on this.

In Lorna´s case, his relationship with her Mom was way more casual and his main wish for her was for her to have a normal life, he didn´t want to involve her with his life, knowing since she was a child, she was his, so when Lorna agreed to go to Genosha with him and learn to use her powers with him he probably was very happy but their relationship was very means towards an end and it was just until Lorna discovered he was also her father he oppened hismelf to her as a father to her which was different to the way he acted towards Pietro in the same era, mostly because both knew they were father and Son.

So I just see their relationship different but I don´t think he favors one over the other, more like he involves himself more with them when it´s truly neccesary for him to do it and they are open to the idea of having a relationship with him.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-21-2021 at 09:37 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Another reason why I'll miss Hickman leaving the Xbooks. Hickman seems to really favor familial bonds he wrote a pretty good Lorna and Magneto interaction in HoX and he was also the one to have the Summer's clan all under one roof. Cyclop's even told Lorna she was family and invited her to live on the moon with them.

I'm afraid those aspects will be lost by other writers who are more invested in cheap drama as we're seeing in ToM (sorry Leah but I don't agree with how you've written Magneto and Lorna's interactions) just something I'm reflecting on.

https://i.postimg.cc/PrfTh1XH/new2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/j5QYYSBC/new.jpg

Trial of Magneto #5 sketches

I think more in terms of they are different relationships and the circunstances are also different, parents usually just have different relationships with each one of their children, not because they favor one particulary but morel like circunstances lead to it, if one of their children gets sick or has an accident, of course they will give that child priority which doesn´t mean they favor them over the others.

In Wanda´s and Lorna case it depends on the circunstance, Magneto made a priority to search for Lorna when he discovered she was still lost in space and before that they had a long association on Genosha but when Lorna decided to go live with X-factor he didn´t try to stop her from leaving but keep the secret of the way her mom died because he knew it would only hurt her, even if she got suspicious and angry at him for not telling her and when he needed help with the 05 kids and he knew she would agree to it he asked for her help and after the Axis retcon Lorna and Magneto did have some interactions that involved them working together towards a mission with the X-men or mutants in general.

He also put did the same with Wanda, during Avengers Dissasembled, he stopped every other project he had to try to help her recover With her, their interactions usually involve her being in mortal danger or sickness for Magneto to show up and interact with her and right now on ToM she literally has been killed and Magneto is trying to bring her back to life, of course she´s at the center of his thoughts right now, just like he was worried about her on Children´s Crusade because ppl were looking for her to kill her and he didn´t know if she was even alive at all or sane, so of course he went to search for her but the moment he saw Wanda was ok, that she has building connections with her own kids and told him she wanted to be left alone, he went back to his own bussines.

So I just see his relationship with both of them different, because with Lorna they usually are able to do some things together as part of their interest on mutants and their links to the X-men, while in Wanda´s case it must involve some kind of danger for her for them to interact again.

Now on the feelings alone pov, I do think Magneto at first cared about Wanda and Pietro because they represented his last link to Magda, his wife and his last link to his human life and on the way started to see them as his children and their own persons, so the retcon actually hurted him deeply emotionally and forced him to appreciate them way more than he did before or at least thats my take on this.

In Lorna´s case, his relationship with her Mom was way more casual and his main wish for her was for her to have a normal life, he didn´t want to involve her with his life, knowing since she was a child, she was his, so when Lorna agreed to go to Genosha with him and learn to use her powers with him he probably was very happy but their relationship was very means towards an end and it was just until Lorna discovered he was also her father he oppened hismelf to her as a father to her which was different to the way he acted towards Pietro in the same era, mostly because both knew they were father and Son.

So I just see their relationship different but I don´t think he favors one over the other, more like he involves himself more with them when it´s truly neccesary for him to do it and they are open to the idea of having a relationship with him.
    Yes, Magneto doesn't love one more they have totally different relationships.

Lorna and Magneto can share interests in mutant affairs and the like, though we rarely see that in the modern era. House of X #5 had a page of that, but its been it. Most of their interaction in the current era has felt like manufactured friction and cheap drama which is very disappointing compared to the great interaction that has been going on between the Frost's and other families. Some conflict is fine, but you overdo it and you are left with nothing left and that is just about where we are at right now. Mags can't interact with Wanda over mutant issues so they transact differently as you said.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-22-2021 at 09:43 AM.

Yeah, how he approaches and interacts with both is entirely different. Magneto seems to interact with Wanda as if she is his greatest treasure. While with Lorna he acts very stern with her and almost demeaning with, like Lorna said “…brief window of affection and attention.” He gives more of a fatherly tenderness with Wanda than he does Lorna. That’s just how I see those interactions of him picking favorites.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!