View Poll Results: How do you feel about X-men comics these days, and for the last few years?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazing, you love major events, you love what they are doing etc...

15 18.29%
  • you don't like it, and you are hoping for major changes

67 81.71%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Based on the actual reactions to the books as each issue comes out, I think it's clear that the reception to Resurrexion on these boards has been largely positive.
    Not true, people who don't like the book just don't post in those threads. The chatter on the books in those threads are significantly less then previous series (even the bad ones) and I've been on these boards years. Usually they'd pick I up at least pages of chatter. Also the so called flagships are sinking on the chsrts.
    X-Men Gold for reaching only 5 pages on a niche message board like this is a worrying sign.

Based on the actual reactions to the books as each issue comes out, I think it's clear that the reception to Resurrexion on these boards has been largely positive.
    I wasn't arguing what the general consensus was (I think its a miss, and that people will see that as time goes on), but rather that the entire point of the thread was to see what the reaction to Resurrexion has been, not to see if people hated events/reboots.

While I don't love the current Status Quo, I will say it's a lot better than it was a couple years ago.

1: Cut back on Company Wide Events, which to Marvel's credit seems to be the goal after SE.
    2: Have some stability for a while

Hit those two and things will be just fine with me.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Literally the worst thing about ResurrXiOn is the lack of diversity.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I'm just saying... We could have had X-Men line of books with both Bunn and Duggan writing titles... just saying.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I'm just saying... We could have had X-Men line of books with both Bunn and Duggan writing titles... just saying.
    Imagine how excited everyone would have been with Duggan on Astonishing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Not true, people who don't like the book just don't post in those threads. The chatter on the books in those threads are significantly less then previous series (even the bad ones) and I've been on these boards years. Usually they'd pick I up at least pages of chatter. Also the so called flagships are sinking on the chsrts.
    X-Men Gold for reaching only 5 pages on a niche message board like this is a worrying sign.
    You have no way of knowing that "people who don't like the book just don't post in those threads." Just as you have no way of knowing whether people who like the book don't post in them either.

Judging the success of a book by the amount of message board chatter isn't a great gauge for sales. The latest Batman issue has only four pages of responses. Is that a worrying sign as well?

I often see mention of the 05 when people talk about the current x-status quo being poor.

Let's say tomorrow marvel sent the 05 back home and never wrote about them again. How does that change the quality of the x-books as a whole?

What I'm getting at is I totally understand not liking the 05 and not liking the book. I just don't see how not liking them translates into a bad status quo, supposedly. If you hypothetically delete xmen blue from existence, does that suddenly make the other x books more enjoyable? I don't really get it.

Xmen blue's existence so so far in ressurxion is completely self contained. There are 3-5 other current team books right now (depending what you consider x-books). Isn't is possie to not like one or some of the team books but also not think that said team books are the reason for a perceived flagging franchise?

Basically I think many people (I'm sure I do it sometimes too) are not able to differentiate between something they don't like versus something that's categorically "bad".
    Last edited by Grey; 05-21-2017 at 11:32 AM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    but Gold and Blue (second issues) have almost the same sales as extraordinary and uncanny (second issues). not a big difference. hard to say anything without waiting for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Except I don't care about Deadpool and Quicksilver. So it really does not feel like an X-Book to me.
    Not liking the characters doesn't make it a non x-book. (It can still be argued that it's not an x-book but what does liking characters have to do with that?) I don't care for the lineup of weapon x or gen x... but that doesn't make them not x-books.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

You have no way of knowing that "people who don't like the book just don't post in those threads." Just as you have no way of knowing whether people who like the book don't post in them either.

Judging the success of a book by the amount of message board chatter isn't a great gauge for sales. The latest Batman issue has only four pages of responses. Is that a worrying sign as well?
    Interesting fact, people are far more likely to leave negative reviews rather than positive ones. They tend to be more vocal when they dislike something than when they are happy.

The silent majority of comic buyers will likely just continue buying the books as long as they find it enjoyable (or at least adequate) while those who dislike it will likely just drop the book. Around 7-10 million comic books (periodicals) are sold every month. This forum has around 15,000 members. Somehow, I doubt there are a lot of individuals buying 500-600 books a month so the CBR community is just a drop in the bucket.

That doesn't even include trade and digital readers. If you look at this forum, it's DC and Marvel who get majority of the love (incidentally, majority of the hate as well). Meanwhile, I ran the year to year TPB sales from BookScan and Comichron for Saga and there were over 350,000 sold of the first volume alone. That doesn't include digital sales.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Interesting fact, people are far more likely to leave negative reviews rather than positive ones. They tend to be more vocal when they dislike something than when they are happy.
    Where is this from? I know that if it requires going out of your way to do something (comment, tweet, do a survey, whatever the medium), the vast majority of the responses will be from people who feel strongly about the topic. But that goes for people who feel both positively and negatively.

The only time I was unhappy with the X-Men, to the point of not buying anything, was post secret wars until IvX started. This not a bad time for me. I'm reading four x books and it'll be six once Astonishing and Cable get here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I hate the current state of the X-Books. Cyclops, Jean and Madrox are dead. No Emma (at least not regularly). Rogue is in an Avengers book instead of an X-Book. The adult O5 are slowly being replaced by the young O5. Wolverine has been replaced by OML.

I never thought Marvel would ever butcher their X-Books as much as they have right now.
    Amen to that (plus, I do love your Tardis!)

The blame is in the editiorial team.. they are doing a mediocre work and readers we are not happy to be taken for granted. This last months have been one mistake after the other with amateurs lazy writters like Soule and mediocre and fanatic artists like Sya let on the loose with no supervision. Why were they hired on the first place?? No one takes responsability? I would sack the editiorial team asap.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Where is this from? I know that if it requires going out of your way to do something (comment, tweet, do a survey, whatever the medium), the vast majority of the responses will be from people who feel strongly about the topic. But that goes for people who feel both positively and negatively.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/24/yo...tive-ones.html

http://www.marketingcharts.com/onlin...od-ones-28628/

https://www.retailcustomerexperience...ice-than-good/

https://www.helpscout.net/75-custome...es-statistics/
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja