Page 48 of 774 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148548 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I consider the Morgan Le Fay arc one of the positive examples, I am still waiting for that Wanda/Chthon confrontation which may not even be planned by Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I can understand this sentiment, though I kinda just consider it some unfortunate backward thinking of a certain time period.(Mainly talking about pre-90s stuff.)
    And I really wish modern comics can somewhat let Wanda get back at her offenders(not those who are not evil in nature of course, they just need to be talked down a bit), but alas, they just continue this trend because she doesn't deserve nuance in some writers' eyes.(I don't really mind Morgan Le Fay since she got back at her like two issues later, I hate the lack of resolve really, to put it more bluntly I expect Wanda to slap right back if someone slaps her, not falling to the ground feeling sorry for herself and all that.)
    Some of them I don't mind either because some lead to character growth. But, it's just that it happens a lot. That and retcons.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    But the Point of Pride from Avengers Vol. 1 is that our Wanda slaps back REALLY Hard in such an epic way it as come to define how Awesome she can be!

I Honestly think if we dive into any characters backstory in comics their be many simliar trops like these ore others that get on any fans nerves, so I say with inbetween those moments or within those moments for our Wanda or Any character that goes threw any trope their is Victory and more times of victory then such heartache.

I will know between the more I while I do my ALL Comic Book readings of all the issues Wanda was in and make my own 2 cents on each.

Not saying Wanda didn't recover with awesome moments. Just that manipulation and possession is a common theme that she could use a break from for a long, long while.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Yeah, I consider the Morgan Le Fay arc one of the positive examples, I am still waiting for that Wanda/Chthon confrontation which may not even be planned by Marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Not saying Wanda didn't recover with awesome moments. Just that manipulation and possession is a common theme that she could use a break from for a long, long while.
    I think once I read threw those older examples(I am reading the silver age Wanda Right, just have not yet upload the images yet to dicuss sorry) it will be clearer to me then past reads or quick view overs. I think it is a trope that gets tiring for Our Wanda when their, but sadly it seems all characters have their own tropes fans get tired of. The Tropes seem to be part of the tropes characters get caught it from time to time.

Lets see what goes down in times to come, but in times past it be interesting to cacluate these tropes and the times between and how Wanda's character in these ages are all round when read-back-to-back.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I'd really like at some point for them to establish some mental block for her and have it mandated to stay in place for a while. Because while, sure, it happens to a lot of heroes, it happens too much. They've teased her as being on the Midnight Sons, and being one of the protectors of the Sanctum Sanctorum. They teased her as one of the Sorcerer Supremes in the past and now a story with Chthon (hopefully that she does get some revenge on him. So I know they have more ideas out there for her. Most of them they just don't act on.

Extraordinary Member

I'd really like at some point for them to establish some mental block for her and have it mandated to stay in place for a while. Because while, sure, it happens to a lot of heroes, it happens too much. They've teased her as being on the Midnight Sons, and being one of the protectors of the Sanctum Sanctorum. They teased her as one of the Sorcerer Supremes in the past and now a story with Chthon (hopefully that she does get some revenge on him. So I know they have more ideas out there for her. Most of them they just don't act on.
    I think they should give her some mystical resistance as well. Like making her immune to the effect of Chthonic artifacts(unless Chthon himself is directly present, like she has "admin power" over some of his artifacts if not overriden by Chthon himself. Since that's kinda how Chaos Magic works, Chthon cannot just cut her off, but he still hold higher authority over it somewhat.) Like they should make her one of the few people who can safely read Darkhold without side effects.
    They could also add this as a power struggle between Wanda and Chthon, like Wanda could be trying to stripping power away from Chthon somehow by swaying/forcing Chthon's minion/artifacts(creatures like N'Garai, also Darkhold is a sentient book) to her side.

Lightbulb

I think they should give her some mystical resistance as well. Like making her immune to the effect of Chthonic artifacts(unless Chthon himself is directly present, like she has "admin power" over some of his artifacts if not overriden by Chthon himself. Since that's kinda how Chaos Magic works, Chthon cannot just cut her off, but he still hold higher authority over it somewhat.) Like they should make her one of the few people who can safely read Darkhold without side effects.
    They could also add this as a power struggle between Wanda and Chthon, like Wanda could be trying to stripping power away from Chthon somehow by swaying/forcing Chthon's minion/artifacts(creatures like N'Garai, also Darkhold is a sentient book) to her side.
    I think these are all wonderful ideas and like any character and Wanda has shown this in the comics as well, evolution in their powers, theri personia and their skills is always welcomed and should be made canon with good stories on how and why they are canon now going forward.

However I think even if old hurtles are then overcome, new ones always are made for heroes, so struggle and setbacks will always be apart of charcters, it is part of the dance they play to many times. We just to go see those setbacks threw and see where they take a character forward after that if they choose to. But it always comes to down to the writer and how strong they choose to make a character as well as how well they know them.

So that is also a dance we must dance with as fans, we need to realize that struggle is part of each hero even repeating it against logic, but their is always most of the time truimph from that struggle. While the Creators may forget that in their next story on Wanda it is up to us fans to remember and piece together who our Wanda is and how she has grown and triumph when the main storytellers at times forget.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

That would be nice. Also would have been nice if the x-books remembered that she knew that using artifacts was dangerous and became cautious of that. But they do pretty much everything necessary to continue to trash the character.

Chthon should be Wanda's main villain. And I feel like yeah that should be a thing with her reading the Darkhold without side effects. That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I think these are all wonderful ideas and like any character and Wanda has shown this in the comics as well, evolution in their powers, theri personia and their skills is always welcomed and should be made canon with good stories on how and why they are canon now going forward.

However I think even if old hurtles are then overcome, new ones always are made for heroes, so struggle and setbacks will always be apart of charcters, it is part of the dance they play to many times. We just to go see those setbacks threw and see where they take a character forward after that if they choose to. But it always comes to down to the writer and how strong they choose to make a character as well as how well they know them.

So that is also a dance we must dance with as fans, we need to realize that struggle is part of each hero even repeating it against logic, but their is always most of the time truimph from that struggle. While the Creators may forget that in their next story on Wanda it is up to us fans to remember and piece together who our Wanda is and how she has grown and triumph when the main storytellers at times forget.
    I don't mind character set backs. I don't even mind some of the stories that I mentioned (some of them I love). I just feel like they can easily be more creative with their challenges for her. They've definitely had plenty of moments without manipulation and possession and have teased other stories. So the potential is there. They just need to act on it.

Wanda's hallmark has always been perseverance. So that's acceptable. She just needs more variety, that's all.

Lightbulb

I don't mind character set backs. I don't even mind some of the stories that I mentioned (some of them I love). I just feel like they can easily be more creative with their challenges for her. They've definitely had plenty of moments without manipulation and possession and have teased other stories. So the potential is there. They just need to act on it.

Wanda's hallmark has always been perseverance. So that's acceptable. She just needs more variety, that's all.
    Yea I'll be honest that be nice and why writers and the industy keeps recycling old stepbacks for really any characters, stepbacks that are used over and over again can have many answers depending on who is writing and where the company is at that time.

Safter or familiarity maybe, afraid of trying new things or new evolutions of new problems companys are afraid of doing cause if they do to new is their its own blowback, who knows why. Only those that have worked in the industry can give a close to full answer and even then I don't think many may remember why. Heck I think at times it is just the only idea they got to give the hero a hurtle to jump, use what they know just so they meet the quota and get the paycheck.

I think what we can mostly all do is understand the drawnback moments, take the good and triumph moments before, during and after them of the past classics and make the full story of Our Wanda that many in the industry and other parts of the fandom clear breeze and forget over for just the big moments. It is up to us to paint the full and true picture of our Wanda and what both the good and bad points mean.

But overall it is to showcase why she is the triumph we all she her as and why she connected to us so she can connect to many others when they learn.

Then see to hope that where the industry is going can be in a way to better evolve and us Wanda, where her next stories are and in what mediuma and what that might mean for the character and how it connects to their past usage.

It is all to try to help and grow the True View of our Wanda to Ourselves and to Our Fellow Fans.

You would think that after all the possessions, mind control, manipulations etc, Wanda would have done something to increase her mental defenses. Like she knows telepaths and mystics, so there isn't any reason she couldn't at least try to get some help.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    You would think that after all the possessions, mind control, manipulations etc, Wanda would have done something to increase her mental defenses. Like she knows telepaths and mystics, so there isn't any reason she couldn't at least try to get some help.
    All it takes is for Marvel to write that.

All it takes is for Marvel to write that.
    Oh right, the same company that can't let HOM go after 15 years. So looks like Wanda will be getting easily possessed and controlled forever

I would love for Illyana to teach Wanda how to develop psionic shields (I'm not sure exactly how Illyana got hers, but that can only be due to her magic)
    But knowing Marvel, I guess it's almost impossible for Wanda to get mental defenses, let alone Illyana to help her get them

I guess sorcerers other than Illyana could help Wanda, but come on, it would be great if the two most iconic mystical heroines in Marvel comics could help each other

I know however that it is only a wishful thinking

Maybe something with her tiara, while she's using it no one can control her mind

She's like Polaris always mind controlled