Thread: Wrestling WWE

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If they want Reigns to be cheered, put the Shield back together.
    can't the fans know Seth and Dean were hiding Roman's weaknesses, if WWE put them back now they would boo roman every time he was tagged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    can't the fans know Seth and Dean were hiding Roman's weaknesses, if WWE put them back now they would boo roman every time he was tagged in.
    Eh ... look at the Rock's trajectory.

Reigns just needs a repackage, some time off screen, and/or a new/old group to get back on track. He has the tools, I really think booking hasn't done him any favors. Kind of like Sheamus.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It was always a mistake for Reigns to hold on to the Shield gimmick, entrance and music after the group broke up. They are making him relay on past successes to carry him through. Separating themselves from the shield was the very first thing Rollins and Ambrose did once they went solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It was always a mistake for Reigns to hold on to the Shield gimmick, entrance and music after the group broke up. They are making him relay on past successes to carry him through. Separating themselves from the shield was the very first thing Rollins and Ambrose did once they went solo.
    Well they (wwe) keeps pairing Dean with Roman. This past monday they even made the Shield's "triple" powerbomb. Yeah its just to help Reigns. but they are dragging Dean into the booking mess they made with Roman.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

been saying that for who knows how long. dean and seth established their own identities outside of the **** but poor roman hasn't. how can we cheer for him when we dont know who he is?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

AJ Styles theme now out on youtube.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

about time!

i love this theme.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

okay i CAN'T be the only one who sees that as being awfully fukn convenient right?? and imo HHH vs reigns looked to be the endgame even before rollins got injured. this **** reminds me so much of slapnuts back in the day.
    They weren't pushing anyone but Roman well before HHH was picked for the title match.
    He isn't writing the show.

BANNED

if they want cheers for Roman, fire him, make him destitute, like giving handies for $40 a pop destitute, then have him work in a coal mine for 10 years, then the "fans" will think he's suffered enough to warrant a push

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    if they want cheers for Roman, fire him, make him destitute, like giving handies for $40 a pop destitute, then have him work in a coal mine for 10 years, then the "fans" will think he's suffered enough to warrant a push
    Lol. Yeah, all the hurdles that Roman has to jump to get certain fans approval us getting intense.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Eh ... look at the Rock's trajectory.

Reigns just needs a repackage, some time off screen, and/or a new/old group to get back on track. He has the tools, I really think booking hasn't done him any favors. Kind of like Sheamus.
    IDK, booking is what got roman over to begin with. they made him look like gold while he was in the shield, they just completely fukt it up when they went about splitting them up.

i agree the shield gimmick that got him over in the 1st place is what's now hurting him.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    They weren't pushing anyone but Roman well before HHH was picked for the title match.
    yeah i'm sure the writers have forced him to be the top heel on the show for the last year against his will, he has no pull in the company after all. poor guy, it's actually probably kevin dunn's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Lol. Yeah, all the hurdles that Roman has to jump to get certain fans approval us getting intense.
    i think the only hurdles he needs to jump through is having good matches and doing good promos, like anybody else. i don't think anybody would have a problem with a solid roman reigns midcard push either.

i was surprised by the reaction AJ got at the rumble and thought it was a great reaction. now that it's had time to settle in does anybody else feel AJ's presence in the rumble overall was pretty ho hum??

i remember before people saying that if they were going to debut him in the rumble he didn't need to win but it should set up a future storyline or feud. that didn't happen though, his elimination was rather meaningless and he didn't have any really memorable interactions that set up a feud or rivalry. he didn't have any significant eliminations to his credit either. he got some time to shine but nothing that separated him from the pack imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i was surprised by the reaction AJ got at the rumble and thought it was a great reaction. now that it's had time to settle in does anybody else feel AJ's presence in the rumble overall was pretty ho hum??

i remember before people saying that if they were going to debut him in the rumble he didn't need to win but it should set up a future storyline or feud. that didn't happen though, his elimination was rather meaningless and he didn't have any really memorable interactions that set up a feud or rivalry. he didn't have any significant eliminations to his credit either. he got some time to shine but nothing that separated him from the pack imo.
    You can argue FINALLY eliminating Curtis Axel from the Royal Rumble was a fairly significant elimination.

I thought the confontation with Owens was somewhat memorable, but I don't think it really set anything up.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You can argue FINALLY eliminating Curtis Axel from the Royal Rumble was a fairly significant elimination.

I thought the confontation with Owens was somewhat memorable, but I don't think it really set anything up.
    LOLOL

seeing AJ and owens in the ring together instantly made me think of this classic PWG promo/DVD extra.

ah vintage homophobe AJ

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    "Don't forget to make Roman look strong" ~ CM Punk on backstage politics of WWE