Page 154 of 171 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2556
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    New preview is up with a special guest.

https://www.cbr.com/immortal-hulk-de...ar-human-race/

Kind of weird that they're referring to the MPD as "Hulk syndrome" now.
    I'm pretty sure this will put him in collission course against the Mutants in Krakoa. I mean, for Hulk, there's no difference between "puny humans" and "puny mutants". During World War Hulk, Hulk smahed ALL the mutants that came to protect Xavier. Now, a Hulk turned into a monster that can't die? That will definitely be worse.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    New preview is up with a special guest.

https://www.cbr.com/immortal-hulk-de...ar-human-race/

Kind of weird that they're referring to the MPD as "Hulk syndrome" now.
    Ewing from Twitter-“New preview! I want to make one thing clear here - we're NOT retconning Bruce's Dissociative Identity Disorder as "Hulk Syndrome". We get into what people mean by that term in the full issue, but it's not that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It's just funny to me that the cook is Namor... like why would Namor cook Banners food in a random dinner lol. I am guessing it probably ties with Roxxon and Namor going after them in the Invaders run.
    .... seriously? with all the mayhem that Sub-Mariner is about, currently? lol.. I wonder why he would even bother with such a disguise..

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    Ewing from Twitter-“New preview! I want to make one thing clear here - we're NOT retconning Bruce's Dissociative Identity Disorder as "Hulk Syndrome". We get into what people mean by that term in the full issue, but it's not that.”
    Good I’m glad he clarified that.

Fantastic Member

It's interesting to see the change in Bruce.. a few issues ago he was weepy and childlike -- or was he? As others have said, is it just an act he puts on when dealing with Betty? It's not a healthy relationship as I've said before.

And the parallels are interesting. The last time all the personalities were on the same page, he also declared war on the Illuminati for perceived wrongs against his personage just like he's doing now. Similarly, his popularity with everyday citizens in the MU gained some popularity as it appears will happen again with the Teen Brigade subplot. He's acting like the Banner Pak wrote after the Red Hulk storyline -- collected, confident, dangerous and calculated. We got the most powerful incarnation (Worldbreaker Hulk) and now we got another (in a way -- Worldbreaker). Etc, etc.

Metawise, the title was the most popular it was with readers then (Planet Hulk/WWH) as it is now (Immortal) and Marvel should take note of it. A smarter Hulk with mature storylines is what readers want.

It actually didn't occur to me that the cook was Namor (although the "Everetts" sign and hand caught clams make it more obvious on second look). I meant Cho as the special guest

Kind of like how Iron Man's dialogue and despite the face plate you can almost sort of see that he's thinking "Not again".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

I realized something funny today. So since Al Ewing retconned gamma to be basically magic/divine in nature https://www.comicsbeat.com/nycc-19-i...immortal-hulk/

And Superman is weakened by magic, in Rebirth he is actually massively weakened by it, so much so that just visiting a magical land literally depowered him completely, so an actual viable argument now is that Hulk beats Superman because of magic lol, WBH with his gamma burst would literally vaporize him to dust now.

Wow, who would have seen that coming...

-----------

As for Namor being the cook, Joe Bennet spoiled it for us, when he released some time ago a picture of Namor in Immortal Hulk dressed as a cook.

Spectacular Member

I realized something funny today. So since Al Ewing retconned gamma to be basically magic/divine in nature https://www.comicsbeat.com/nycc-19-i...immortal-hulk/

And Superman is weakened by magic, in Rebirth he is actually massively weakened by it, so much so that just visiting a magical land literally depowered him completely, so an actual viable argument now is that Hulk beats Superman because of magic lol, WBH with his gamma burst would literally vaporize him to dust now.

-----------

As for Namor being the cook, Joe Bennet spoiled it for us, when he released some time ago a picture of Namor in Immortal Hulk dressed as a cook.

I wish Joe was a bit more selective about what/when he releases those images. Theres been a more than a few times I wish I had seen images in the book first before seeing it in pencils.

Joe Bennett is off issue 28 with no replacement artist named. Seems like he had to suddenly withdraw. There's speculation of a family tragedy being the reason.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...pop-mhan-aero/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Joe Bennett is off issue 28 with no replacement artist named. Seems like he had to suddenly withdraw. There's speculation of a family tragedy being the reason.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...pop-mhan-aero/
    Joe's son passed a way a couple of weeks ago. #28 and a few issues more will likely be delayed by a couple weeks at the very least.

-----------

Gamma is defined as both science and magic by Ewing.

And Ewing has already answered on that topic.

Not sure, what Superman got to do with this thread though.

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Steve Ditko!!!

Tales to Astonish #61 Nov 1964
    First appearance of Glenn Talbot in "Captured At Last!"
    Bruce Banner has once more become the Hulk and is in battle with the spy who walked away with his new robot.
    The spy escapes just as the Hulk begins transforming into Banner,
    retreating into one of Banner's many secret caves filled with scientific equipment.
    The spy reasons he has just the right amount of equipment to build
    a crude missile that he can use to destroy the nearby rocket base.

Bruce Banner returns to the base to work on a device that will allow him to track the stolen robot.
    As he's finished and is about to sneak off the base, he spots the arrival of the new officer: Major Glenn Talbot.

Talbot reports to General Ross and informs him that he's been sent by Washington
    to investigate the allegations that Banner is possibly working for foreign spies.
    Just then, Betty enters the room and she is introduced to Talbot and asked to show him around the base.

When they arrive at Bruce's lab, they find him missing. Talbot learns from the guard that he was spotted going
    into the hills with a strange device. Talbot asks Betty to give him a tour around the area surrounding the base.

From a helicopter, Talbot and Betty spot Banner tracking his robot.
    As the helicopter lands, Banner sees the spy in his robot preparing to throw a boulder at the helicopter.
    Turning into the Hulk, he jumps up to stop the rock from falling on Betty and Talbot.
    Talbot dives to shield Betty, while the Hulk smashes through the rock.
    Its debris hits Talbot, giving him minor injuries and gaining Betty's concern.

The Hulk battles the robot, until the spy's missile launches,
    and the Hulk knocks the robot down a cliff to the spy's apparent death.

Hulk jumps after the missile and smashes it in mid-air.
    The resulting explosion knocks out the Hulk, who is captured and restrained by the military.
    Talbot suggests to Ross that somehow the Hulk and Banner must be connected.
    As the Hulk regains consciousness, Ross orders a tank battalion to prepare to fire.
    The Hulk desperately tries to break free of his shackles before he can be executed.

Script by Stan Lee. Art by Steve Ditko https://13thdimension.com/13-covers-...celebration-4/
    and George Roussos (as George Bell).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Gamma is defined as both science and magic by Ewing.

And Ewing has already answered on that topic.

Not sure, what Superman got to do with this thread though.
    Yes, BOTH as science AND magic.

Ewing was talking about Immortal Hulk there the Sunlight weakness he has, Superman would obviously be a bad match up.

I am talking about WBH, World Breaker Hulk who has no weakness and has a gamma burst that can decimate a planet, if it's retconned that gamma is now partially magic that gamma burst quite literally vaporizes Superman. Not that he needed it, since WBH would beat Superman regardless, it's just funny how you can say he beats him now because magic lol.

He doesn't, nothing stops me mentioning Superman in relation to Hulk though. Is that against the rules?
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 11-02-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Spectacular Member

Matias Bergara is doing part of issue 28 he tweeted.

https://s3.gifyu.com/images/BBD34813...3CFFA5D.th.png

Yes, BOTH as science AND magic.
    No, it works as science sometimes and magic on other times. Its not both effects at once.

Ewing was talking about Immortal Hulk there the Sunlight weakness he has, Superman would obviously be a bad match up.

I am talking about WBH, World Breaker Hulk who has no weakness and has a gamma burst that can decimate a planet, if it's retconned that gamma is now partially magic that gamma burst quite literally vaporizes Superman. Not that he needed it, since WBH would beat Superman regardless, it's just funny how you can say he beats him now because magic lol.

He doesn't, nothing stops me mentioning Superman in relation to Hulk though. Is that against the rules?
    Fascinating, now please stop mentioning Superman in this thread. Go to battles if you want to continue.