Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Guessing numbers will significantly drop once they release the newer books.

So its selling about the same as it was pre-relaunch. Sales seem a bit lower all around in general for all comics though. Of course, these sales are technically pre-sales to comic book stores, so its harder to gauge how many actually end up in customer hands. My local store is overflowing with unsold Fallen Angels issues.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

X-force is so much better than most of the other books. It is a shame it is doing below them

I don't understand how the best book, IMO, X-Force, is selling the worst over all. It's also got Wolverine and Jean. I get Hickman is on X-Men and his name is selling it, but the first three issues were a yawnfest. #4 was really good though, so it may get a spike...although if quality means selling less it will tank out with #4.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    So its selling about the same as it was pre-relaunch. Sales seem a bit lower all around in general for all comics though. Of course, these sales are technically pre-sales to comic book stores, so its harder to gauge how many actually end up in customer hands. My local store is overflowing with unsold Fallen Angels issues.
    people complained the hell out of sales on the past, now the numbers are even worse or the same and it is completely fine because books sell like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I don't understand how the best book, IMO, X-Force, is selling the worst over all. It's also got Wolverine and Jean. I get Hickman is on X-Men and his name is selling it, but the first three issues were a yawnfest. #4 was really good though, so it may get a spike...although if quality means selling less it will tank out with #4.
    X-force had too many launches lately, last one being horrible. word of mouth might catch up, but the violence can be offf putting to some readers
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-15-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    people complained the hell out of sales on the past, now the numbers are even worse or the same and it is completely fine because books sell like this.
    So basically all the hype of Hickman and Dawn of X is a nothing burger.

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    Why do Fallen Angels not sell so well? I thought it was pretty good, the lines were really beautiful, and Psylock was brilliant. But the book is probably better renamed Psylock than Fallen Angels.
    You know what? I agree, it might as well have been a Kwannon solo book. But the reason it isn't liked isn't the art, which I agree is fine, it's the writing, specifically that both Laura and Cable are out of character. I swear Hill hasn't read All-New Wolverine. Gabby hasn't even been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Bear in mind we only have the top 37 so far.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So basically all the hype of Hickman and Dawn of X is a nothing burger.
    Maybe it will give the books some longevity. X-men line suffered with the terrigen genocide and then later writers couldn't do anything definitive so books were just mostly fillers.
    So now readers have more incentive to stick around. But with marvel releasing so many x-books, It can dilute the sales

BANNED

Well...hopefully the usual rule of attrition will not apply, because if it does, our books will be in the 25Ks before issue 10.

Edit: nobody cares about comics anymore. People only get hyped about the dumb movies.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-15-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    X-force is so much better than most of the other books. It is a shame it is doing below them
    X-Force (and New Mutants) did not have variants while Excalibur and Marauders did. I would give it more time to see how sales trend before worrying that people may or may not be enjoying whichever books.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I feel the same.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Really? There were five X-books in the top 40 pre-launch and one in the top 2? How far back "pre-launch" are you going for that claim?

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Really? There were five X-books in the top 40 pre-launch and one in the top 2? How far back "pre-launch" are you going for that claim?
    people are comparing #3 and #4s. they look to be seeling worse now

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    people are comparing #3 and #4s. they look to be seeling worse now
    No, they're not unless that's what you want to see.

There are five, possibly six depending on where Fallen Angels gets to, books right now. No top X-book #3 has sold 105K in a long while. No fifth-highest selling X-book at issue #4 has sold as high as X-Force in recent history.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    No, they're not unless that's what you want to see.

There are five, possibly six depending on where Fallen Angels gets to, books right now. No top X-book #3 has sold 105K in a long while. No fifth-highest selling X-book at issue #4 has sold as high as X-Force in recent history.
    No book had a massive star wrier like X-men have with Hickman. and that i sthe only one out of the curve book

23 28 All New X-Men 4 $3.99 Marvel 50,160