Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Runaways

On episode 2 and honestly I'm enjoying spending time with the parents more than I did the kids

spoilers:
    Finished the first three episodes.

Major Spoilers

Karoline's mom runs the church of the Gibborim which was created by her father who died of testicular cancer before the first episode but it is highly probable that her dad is the being clinging to life in her private meditation chamber.

Mr Dean is basically Tom Cruise. Not known as the guy from the church than as an actor. So much so that his agent dropped him as a client. He was apparently experimented on by the minoru/Steins and hasn't been the same since. He doesn't go to the pride meeting but does investigate his wife's odd behavior.

Molly's parents died ten years before the pilot and the York's took her in as their own. She is the youngest of the group but not by much. Young enough that Chase won't give her alcohol but too old (imho) for the menstrual metaphor of her coming into her powers to make much sense

Gert is still Gert but is in love with Chase from the get go.

Chase is a brain and a jock but lately his grades have been slipping and his dad isn't happy with it. His dad screws up the ceremony in which they try to sacrifice the runaway. In this version rather than just slaughter her there is some sort of box/device that transforms her into energy for Karoline's grandpa? to injest. At the end of episode 3 authorities find her body washed up on the beach.

Because of his issues with the device and his anger chases dad has driven his wife into the arms of nico's dad and the two are having an affair.

Nico's dad is still recovering over the loss of nico's older sister amy who died six months earlier. Nico's mom has become cold, distant and intolerant. Amy's room remains a shrine and no one is allowed in.

end of spoilers
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    If they don't use the Del Shannon song as the theme song they are screwing up badly.
    Naw. This is 2017. The Killers' song, definitely. Del Shannon is completely the wrong way to go.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 11-21-2017 at 01:01 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

The changes are cool, I guess. The one (no)thing that's bugging me is that young Alex (at the Hernandez's funeral) looked nothing like teen Alex.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

So, watched all 3 episodes, and... I really like it. I think it's a bit too slow-paced(3 episodes and they didn't run away yet???), but, that's really the only problem I could think of. I really like the characters, and, even though I read the comics, I'm invested on the mistery. Seems like all the suspense it's one of the biggest aspects about the show.

Out of the parents, I really like Leslie(Karol's mom). I love this whole creepy church thing tbh, so that's one of the changes that I like. I feel like Geoffrey is a bit too nice though. Sometimes it annoys me that none of the Pride members seem really evil. I feel like maybe they're humanizing them a bit too much.

The kids, well, my favorite is Karolina, since the comics, but I really like everyone. Molly is super fun. Gert is really funny too, though I wish they didn't played her whole feminist stuff as that much of a joke. Alex is my least favorite, but I still like him, and, I wonder how things are gonna go about... You know what. I was never invested on his romance with Nico on the comics, but I thought they were really cute on episode 3. One of the things I'm glad they kept it's Karolina being the one who tries to believe that her parents aren't bad and all. With the whole rebelling thing she has now, I thought they wouldn't have that on the show. I also like stuff like making the sacrificed girl(well, fail on that) an actual character, and how they were all actual friends before.

There's only 3 episodes?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There's only 3 episodes?
    They uploaded the first three 2day and the rest will be uploaded on a weekly basis. Hulu does weekly uploads not all at once.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    They uploaded the first three 2day and the rest will be uploaded on a weekly basis. Hulu does weekly uploads not all at once.
    Ah okay. Cool.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

Just finished the first three episodes.... this is absolutely fan-f*cking-tastic. LOVE it. I like the parents and the kids, literally everything is perfect so far. I read the comic years ago on marvel unlimited back when I had that service, I'm fuzzy on the details but know some of the main themes that happened, and it's looking great to me.

Finished Punisher and figured id give it a try. Never read the book but this makes me want to. I never once considered how rich the story telling could be when you have these evil parents but they genuienly love theyre kids(except spike he just seems like an *******). Does the comics play with that? Or is it black and white theyre just evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Finished Punisher and figured id give it a try. Never read the book but this makes me want to. I never once considered how rich the story telling could be when you have these evil parents but they genuienly love theyre kids(except spike he just seems like an *******). Does the comics play with that? Or is it black and white theyre just evil?
    They have sorta good intentions for the kids but they start out selfishly. Still the whole group are a bunch of aholes.

Matt "peace out suckas"

They have sorta good intentions for the kids but they start out selfishly. Still the whole group are a bunch of aholes.
    Ive only seen one epiosde but most parents seem like kind and caring parents. I hope they play with that and dont go cartoonish evil when the kid fond out the truth and turn on them

Ive only seen one epiosde but most parents seem like kind and caring parents. I hope they play with that and dont go cartoonish evil when the kid fond out the truth and turn on them
    In the comics the parents minus maybe the Deans and the Hayes/Hernandez are all complete dicks if I remember correctly. I know both Chase and Alex's dad's are.

Matt "peace out suckas"

In the comics the parents minus maybe the Deans and the Hayes/Hernandez are all complete dicks if I remember correctly. I know both Chase and Alex's dad's are.
    Alex dad seems to be one of the less evil this far.

Ok binged all 3 epiosdes. What day does Hulu release new ones sunday or monday?
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 11-22-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Alex dad seems to be one of the less evil this far.

Ok binged all 3 epiosdes. What day does Hulu release new ones sunday or monday?
    I assume it's every tuesday since these went up on tuesdays.

Matt "peace out suckas"