Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

I think that's Storm's face. And this is actually a new series.

New York, NY— October 25, 2019 — The plans Jonathan Hickman has for the X-Men aren’t just big; they’re giant-size. Fresh off launching the X-Men into an exciting new era in HOUSE OF X and POWERS OF X, Marvel revealed at MCM Comic Con London that Jonathan Hickman will be joining forces with the industry’s top artists to craft a stellar new series: GIANT-SIZE X-MEN. Starting in February, each issue will combine Hickman’s captivating storytelling with the iconic art of a different superstar artist to depict grand-scale adventures focused on specific X-Men characters.

And it all begins with GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: JEAN GREY AND EMMA FROST #1! The new mutant nation of Krakoa is the place for fresh starts, and Jean and Emma, known for their fierce rivalry, will unite to rescue Storm from danger. The two powerful telepaths are in good hands as artist Russell Dauterman will be the first to partner with Hickman for the series. Dauterman will be accompanied by expert colorist Matt Wilson

Known for his acclaimed work on THE MIGHTY THOR, Dauterman is no stranger to Marvel’s merry mutants, often providing phenomenal covers featuring character designs that have made him a favorite among X-Men fans. An X-Men fan himself, Dauterman is eager to use his skills to bring Hickman’s vision to life. “I’ve wanted to draw X-Men comics since I was a kid, so drawing this issue of X-MEN is a dream come true,” says Dauterman. “I’m so thrilled to be working on this with Jonathan and Matt, and it’s co-starring my favorite character, Jean Grey!”

Giant-Size X-Men was first used as a title in 1975 in a legendary special issue by Len Wein and David Cockrum. It not only marked a new genesis for the team, introducing iconic characters like Storm and Nightcrawler, but is credited for catapulting the X-Men into the powerhouse franchise they are today, a legacy that Hickman and others will now honor month after month. Keep your eyes peeled for announcements about other upcoming GIANT-SIZE X-MEN issues and the artists and characters you can expect to find within their pages!

BANNED

I can hear spirit stomping and roaring in this thread's direction already.

Man up the walls.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 10-25-2019 at 06:01 PM.

BANNED

YASSSSSS Queen in Green! I’ve been with Hixxx on the green and yellow for Jean for decades.

BANNED

This will provide so much fuel for derailing threads.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Is this the only announced for now, or will there be more soon?
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-25-2019 at 07:15 AM.

BANNED

There will be more.

Red's costume in yellow and green is weird but I like it.

I hope Dauterman did more than change the color of the costume. The front armor part needed some work. This looks beautiful though

This is so good. I’m crying.

If we don't stay on-brand and have the thread for this issue go for longer than the sun itself, Hickman will announce his departure from X-Books after saying that we are cowards and our bloodlines will never reach the post-human utopia.

now announce giant size x-men: GORGON, jonathan
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Could be a Shadow King considering Storm is in trouble and telepaths are needed.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Yeah, Shadow King is another on my “**** amnesty” list.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    This is just the first of a bunch of one-shots by Hickman, apparently:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...at-mcm-london/
    Yeah, Giant-Size is an ongoing, not a one-shot. Different cast and artists each issue. Look at the press release.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Everyone on the X-board waiting for spirit to go online:

Oh man what happened to storm. Jean going to go save her boo. Lol. This looks interesting.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/