Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Also I can't even fathom how much the original art versions that I want would go for...
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Also I can't even fathom how much the original art versions that I want would go for...
    Who is the artist? You should ask how much he hares for his original art. You might be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixmaster View Post
    Who is the artist? You should ask how much he hares for his original art. You might be surprised.
    I buy the prints from Alex Sinclair cause he's the colorist. The artists that drew them are Jim Lee and Doug Mahnke. Not sure how to reach them.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

I buy the prints from Alex Sinclair cause he's the colorist. The artists that drew them are Jim Lee and Doug Mahnke. Not sure how to reach them.
    Jim Lee sells art through Albert Moy (ill post a link at the bottom of this post). It is true Jim's art is pricey, but I'm sure you have other favorites that aren't so much. Original art prices really vary anywhere from maybe $100 to insane thousands and beyond. Really just depends on the piece. How I started was just searching pages from more recent books that I liked and more so than not I found those pages to be more affordable. Also theres the path of saving particularly for a piece of higher value ( I've been doing this for the past year or so) and I'm very close to affording pieces I never thought I could even touch. Cheers hope the info helps!

http://www.albertmoy.com/ArtistGalle...p?ArtistId=380
    Last edited by Dekay; 06-17-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Incredible Member

I've fallen in love with andrea sorrentino's work in the New 52, both his I, Vampie and Green Arrow work has been jaw dropping. I don't suppose anyone knows anywhere online I could maybe pick up some of his original artwork?

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    Jim Lee sells art through Albert Moy (ill post a link at the bottom of this post). It is true Jim's art is pricey, but I'm sure you have other favorites that aren't so much. Original art prices really vary anywhere from maybe $100 to insane thousands and beyond. Really just depends on the piece. How I started was just searching pages from more recent books that I liked and more so than not I found those pages to be more affordable. Also theres the path of saving particularly for a piece of higher value ( I've been doing this for the past year or so) and I'm very close to affording pieces I never thought I could even touch. Cheers hope the info helps!

http://www.albertmoy.com/ArtistGalle...p?ArtistId=380
    The ones i want cost so much... Yeah Im gonna stick to color prints until I graduate college and get a real job.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I've fallen in love with andrea sorrentino's work in the New 52, both his I, Vampie and Green Arrow work has been jaw dropping. I don't suppose anyone knows anywhere online I could maybe pick up some of his original artwork?
    You could look at some of the previous websites posted in this thread. also google is your friend

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    You could try these pages and see if you can contact him directly.

http://sorrentinodarkart.blogspot.com/

http://sorrentino82.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

With the best known copy of Action Comics #1 selling on Ebay last week for over 3 million dollars I thought it timely that the original art for the Chris Burnham homage cover for Multiversity #1 cover went on sale on Comic Art Fans.
    If you had a spare one and a half thousand dollars (which I definitely don't!) I'd say it's a steal!

Xz1etZTm_1908141303471.jpg

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...81&GSub=132508
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Selling some sweet pieces right now on ebay:

An amazing pinup of The Owl, Owl Girl and the Owlplane by creator Frank Thomas

and 3 knockout pages from The Man Who Falls (Batman origin) by the amazing and much missed Dick Giordano:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1162809

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1162808

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1162807

All amazing pieces, but they don't fit with the 'cave art' / 'drawings within drawings' theme of my collection. Hope they go to a good home!

The Claw of Justice!

How soon after an issue comes out does the original art usually become available?

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    How soon after an issue comes out does the original art usually become available?
    Often really quickly. For Multiversity so far (2 issues in) it's been pretty much same day. Issue 1 art was available on Chiarascuro Studio's gallery on ComicArtFans, and Chris Sprouse started posting issue 2's pencil pages straight away on his Wordpress website.

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    If you can talk to the artist directly you could get it before the issue comes out. I've bought a cover for an issue that comes out next month already.

Amazing Member

I love some of the art being created by today's artists. But, here is a warning for new collectors: Only buy what you really, really love. The current generation of artists charge sometimes extremely high prices for their work (which is their right), but, often times, we like a series, get excited to find that the art is for sale, then we spend way too much on a piece.
    Then, just as often, people lose their appreciation for that work and find that when they go to sell it, they can't even get a fraction of what they originally paid.
    I say this from experience. I bought a cover from an artist, who gave me a deal on it compared to what his art agent was selling the piece for, but after awhile, I tired of the series and realized that I really didn't love the art as much as I thought I did. When I tried to sell it to help fund another purchase, no one would buy it. I was stuck with that cover for way too long and by the time I did sell it (I barely broke even on it), I hated it so badly.

Great advice. The pieces I have I KNOW I'll be hanging them up on my wall for years to come. If it doesn't catch my eye right away and I don't absolutely want it I don't buy it.