Page 264 of 285 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 4267

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I don't think chemistry immediately means romance.
    I feel like Jason and Kara could be good friends.
    It could go both ways for me, either friendship or romance, I wouldn't mind one over the other. They just worked ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    he and Kate are not particularly close.

I think the ones on best terms with him are probably Tim, Barbara and Duke, the relationship with Bruce and Damian is probably not that great at the moment, and he hadn't had that much interaction with Kate, Helena and Cassandra sofar, and Dick is still Ric.
    To be fair, Jason doesn't have a close relationship with any of the other batfamily members. Barbara, and Tim if people don't mind that they can work together fine despite Jason having a troubling relationship with him (I don't, these are comics; but some people do). Those two are the closest outside Bruce and Alfred. I think Tim is crossed out of this, because I don't think they're going to use him: he's supposedly somewhere else outside the main universe/dimension/whatever. I still have a hard time believing they used him in Batman (but apparently, this happens before YJ. Or something). And not even Babs or Tim have that much of a closer relationship, but they sure have more history with him than Dick, Damian, Kate or Steph. Edit: or Cass.

Being cut from the original Robin because editorial issues, then dead years and years, then an antagonist, et cetera, makes that to a character.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-08-2019 at 12:24 PM.

At the very least, I wouldn't mind seeing them as friends. Obviously Kara wouldn't be for Jason "working" for Lex and whatnot, but looking out for misfit kids that believe they want to be villains and making sure they don't get in over their heads? Yeah.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

I have just started to read "Red Hood & the Outlaws" and I must say it is good! You feel immediately the difference among an old school writer like Lobdell and the "new school writers", who stretch the story in too many issue. The story goes right to the point, concentrating all the dialogues in the minimum necessary number of panels and avoiding the superfluous dialogues. The only critique I can do is: I would prefer if Lobdell had use other characters of the Bat-family, like Huntress, Spoiler, Orphan (if they are available) instead of Bizzarro and Artemis, because I prefer stories more detective focused for the Gotham titles, but it is only a personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    I have just started to read "Red Hood & the Outlaws" and I must say it is good! You feel immediately the difference among an old school writer like Lobdell and the "new school writers", who stretch the story in too many issue. The story goes right to the point, concentrating all the dialogues in the minimum necessary number of panels and avoiding the superfluous ones. The only critique I can do is: I would prefer if Lobdell had use other characters of the Bat-family, like Huntress, Spoiler, Orphan (if they are available) instead of Bizzarro and Artemis, because I prefer stories more detective focused for the Gotham titles, but it is only a personal taste.
    Outlaws isn't so much "detective" based as it is adventure based.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Outlaws isn't so much "detective" based as it is adventure based.
    And I think we can say that it's marginally a batbook half the time.
    Glad you're enjoying it, @Gotham citizem. Welcome to our small corner of the boards .

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I'd actually like some guest appearances of Huntress, Cass and Steph (without Tim).
    But I don't think they would work as a standard cast for RHatO.
    Huntress main team are the Birds of Prey. Steph is heavily associated with Tim, and Cass was part of the Gotham Knights and is currently part of the Outsiders.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    At the very least, I wouldn't mind seeing them as friends. Obviously Kara wouldn't be for Jason "working" for Lex and whatnot, but looking out for misfit kids that believe they want to be villains and making sure they don't get in over their heads? Yeah.
    Kara is at the moment anyway one of the Infected ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Kara is at the moment anyway one of the Infected ...
    I totally forgot about the Infected storyline - although there was even an advertisement for it in the last RH:O issue.
    I'm surprised how easy it is to completely ignore the main part of the Year of the Villain event or anything connected to the Batman Who Laughs.
    I don't mean that YotV or the BWL are bad concepts. YotV actually looks interesting. But I'm glad that RHatO isn't interrupted by tie-ins like New52 RHatO or Red Hood/Arsenal.
    Last edited by Sergard; 12-08-2019 at 03:02 PM.

I totally forgot about the Infected storyline - although there was even an advertisement for it in the last RH:O issue.
    I'm surprised how easy it is to completely ignore the main part of the Year of the Villain event or anything connected to the Batman Who Laughs.
    I don't mean that YotV or the BWL are bad concepts. YotV actually looks interesting. But I'm glad that RHatO isn't interrupted by tie-ins like New52 RHatO or Red Hood/Arsenal.
    Well, this time around, it is happening, but marginally so far.

I couldn't agree more. It's why I'm not fond of all those events every few months.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

91. RED HOOD OUTLAW #40 (DC) - 21,864 [101]
    52. RED HOOD OUTLAW VOL 02 PRINCE OF GOTHAM (DC) - 1,172 [102]
    460. RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS VOL 01 REDEMPTION (DC) - 224 [1048]

I'm surprised that Vol 1 of the N52 run cracked the top 500. Other than that, the expected boost from the Acetate gimmick.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-11.html

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

I'd actually like some guest appearances of Huntress, Cass and Steph (without Tim).
    But I don't think they would work as a standard cast for RHatO.
    Huntress main team are the Birds of Prey. Steph is heavily associated with Tim, and Cass was part of the Gotham Knights and is currently part of the Outsiders.
    I see, they weren't available.
    Anyway I named those characters because I thought it was a team of characters trained by Batman, but that they don't agree with his methods, because they think they are in a war and a war can be won only by the less scrupulous army. So I thought to Huntress, Orphan or Spoiler (if I remember well Batman said one of the two was too violent) and also Azrael (even if I don't know what happened to him) could be a good roster for this kind of title. In this way the title would have a very strong identity and the writers could have create some interesting stories, emphasizing the divergences among the Outlaws and Batman & Co (Nightwing, Batgirl…) with some crossover and/or some apparition of Batman & Co like guest star. I don't want say the book is without identity or the roster isn't good, because I read only the first ten issue, but this is what I thought the book was and I think it might be a good idea for a title.