Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The basic thing you need to understand is Hope has undefinable upper limit to her power and Rogue does not( for now). That is it.
    XD XD los
    Funny

You are anxiously wrong.

I'm not going to talk about merits of power, because there is more than enough evidence to say that Rogue is among the first four characters in power in this entire list.

but the reason why she.if she is omega and ranks on this list is because of the following.

1) Hope doesn't hinder Rogue from being here. because there are two telepats on the list. and several reality warper. and the powers of Rogue and hope don't work the same. Rogue's are more diverse. and in the characteristics they share, Rogue has been better.

2) without limit in its main power. Well, Rogue's powers, although they don't know it, are a lot of duplicating powers is a small part of them. and she could literally take hundreds of powers. to stop the celestial and various powers of omega level and superior characters (hulk, hyperion bvodoo wonderman and others) and transformed them into super force. greater merit of power than anything you will do in your life Hope.

3) without limit in its main power. Rogue was able to absorb 8 billion energy and psyche entities, so a limit on that aspect does not have. and I could be talking all day about how extremely limited Hope has proved in many ways. Even when it had resonance with the pforce, it must be remembered it no longer has.

in short there is nothing to argue that Rogue is not omega. and even more when their powers are barely growing and developing. and already in their initial locked state they were already extremely large and dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    XD XD los
    Funny

You are anxiously wrong.

I'm not going to talk about merits of power, because there is more than enough evidence to say that Rogue is among the first four characters in power in this entire list.

but the reason why she.if she is omega and ranks on this list is because of the following.

1) Hope doesn't hinder Rogue from being here. because there are two telepats on the list. and several reality warper. and the powers of Rogue and hope don't work the same. Rogue's are more diverse. and in the characteristics they share, Rogue has been better.

2) without limit in its main power. Well, Rogue's powers, although they don't know it, are a lot of duplicating powers is a small part of them. and she could literally take hundreds of powers. to stop the celestial and various powers of omega level and superior characters (hulk, hyperion bvodoo wonderman and others) and transformed them into super force. greater merit of power than anything you will do in your life Hope.

3) without limit in its main power. Rogue was able to absorb 8 billion energy and psyche entities, so a limit on that aspect does not have. and I could be talking all day about how extremely limited Hope has proved in many ways. Even when it had resonance with the pforce, it must be remembered it no longer has.

in short there is nothing to argue that Rogue is not omega. and even more when their powers are barely growing and developing. and already in their initial locked state they were already extremely large and dangerous.
    Rogue's powers do have a limit though. We have seen certain gods, mutants and other creatures that she couldn't absorb or were too powerful for her to absorb. But i think the main drawback to Rogue's power is they do her harm. Rogue was able to absorb a lot of psyches but it nearly killed her and Hope had to save her via mystique having the baby kiss her forehead. And that's not even mentioning the harm Rogue does to those who she touches. Her upperlimit on power use is when the target is drained to death because Rogue's primary power is absorption of the powers and psyches of others. But those powers don't become her primary power just because she took them and that is the definition of omega. A mutant's primary power having unlimited potential.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Hope could copy all of Exodus power Rogue could not thats within the same story by the same writer

Baby Hope also purged the virus and those 8 billion minds with a kiss

Selene absorbed Rogue faster then Rogue could absorb her. Hope does not need to touch Selene to absorb her

Hope can copy Rogues powers, while Rogue can't copy Hope.

Also Hope enslaved Rogue as one of her Lights

And while Rogue is powerful the new definition means that she cannot be Omega as Hope surpasses her
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-29-2019 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Hope could copy all of Exodus power Rogue could not thats within the same story by the same writer

Selene absorbed Rogue faster then Rogue could absorb her. Hope does not need to touch Selene to absorb her

And while Rogue is powerful the new definition means that she cannot be Omega as Hope surpasses her
    you're wrong . on the premise that Rogue really takes the greatest credit for defeating exodus. Hope was knocked down by a log lol.

I begged if I could take exodus from his full power. but exodus took it off with an attack. but she weakened him enough that they could easily defeat him.

but the greatest merit there was from rogue.

Hope is just an imitation imitation of powers. Like a sponge that dries dry and already. and if there are many poweset hope it collapses and falls. rogue cannot literally with countless powerset.

Before that, please take the teleportation completely. that is, exodus could not use it.

That is why he was careful and afraid that Rogue would not touch him again.

Rogue only doubled the powers of kid gladiator for a few moments and gave the French an epic beating and she was superior to exodus.

to finish her (beg) if she could take all power from exodus. in fact, it under a considerable fraction of his power. only that he enters the few characters that don something resistant to his touch and could defend himself and get rid of him. but lla had already lowered his power levels. To take all his power from exodus alone, he needed a few more moments of contact. only that.

but to be able to take away all her power ... well, if she can. and more when after that he did his second greatest feat of power that was to absorb hundreds of powers. infinitely more than exodus has. and of many characters that have overshadowed the French.

Nice try but neither exodus was the most powerful character to beg to be absorbed (in fact the kid gkaditor poweset surpassed it.
    powerset similar to the one she has ... wonderman's) and in that story Rogue looked good. Exodus was literally afraid of his touch. while Rachel and Bobby (both omega at that time) did not consider them a threat to him. only rogue was very careful.

and Hope was humiliated in that number. exodus made fun of her and took her out of the game with a log. and as I really said who got the biggest merit for the defeat of exodus was Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    you're wrong . on the premise that Rogue really takes the greatest credit for defeating exodus. Hope was knocked down by a log lol.

I begged if I could take exodus from his full power. but exodus took it off with an attack. but she weakened him enough that they could easily defeat him.

but the greatest merit there was from rogue.

Hope is just an imitation imitation of powers. Like a sponge that dries dry and already. and if there are many poweset hope it collapses and falls. rogue cannot literally with countless powerset.

Before that, please take the teleportation completely. that is, exodus could not use it.

That is why he was careful and afraid that Rogue would not touch him again.

Rogue only doubled the powers of kid gladiator for a few moments and gave the French an epic beating and she was superior to exodus.

to finish her (beg) if she could take all power from exodus. in fact, it under a considerable fraction of his power. only that he enters the few characters that don something resistant to his touch and could defend himself and get rid of him. but lla had already lowered his power levels. To take all his power from exodus alone, he needed a few more moments of contact. only that.

but to be able to take away all her power ... well, if she can. and more when after that he did his second greatest feat of power that was to absorb hundreds of powers. infinitely more than exodus has. and of many characters that have overshadowed the French.

Nice try but neither exodus was the most powerful character to beg to be absorbed (in fact the kid gkaditor poweset surpassed it.
    powerset similar to the one she has ... wonderman's) and in that story Rogue looked good. Exodus was literally afraid of his touch. while Rachel and Bobby (both omega at that time) did not consider them a threat to him. only rogue was very careful.

and Hope was humiliated in that number. exodus made fun of her and took her out of the game with a log. and as I really said who got the biggest merit for the defeat of exodus was Rogue.
    I couldn't follow this post. Or your train of thought

Rogue was not able to absorb all his powers, Hope did.
    With a team of X-Men backing her Rogue got beat in Bloodties and in Legacy until Hope arrived and copied Exodus powers at its highest and in full. Which gave the team an opening.

Those are just facts

Also Marvel from their Handbook to the recent run consider Hopes powers the best power copying powerset. So this debate is settled by the writers themselves

And I don't see that changing given Hopes status.

Additonally, Synch and Mimic were listed as substitutes during the Ressurection process. Strangely enough Rogue was left off that list
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-29-2019 at 07:22 AM.

Again Hope is NOT an omega bc of power mimicking; she is for power manipulation! Hickman clearly showed why she is on the list in the last issue of HoX. She can amplify mutant's powers to their peak performance and merge them for optimal effect. She also has a psychic influence on those whom power's she is synching to and manipulating. Rogue does not do this and in context with the story, she would not be able to resurrect the dead mutants the way Hope leads the Five. In addition she can jump start mutations and stabilize them. Rogue is like a vampire whereas Hope is able to exert and manipulate the power within her target

I know some Rogue fans have been adamant that she should be considered an omega over Hope but keep ignoring why Hope is on there. Her powers are unique and she serves a very specific and vital role on Krakoa
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-29-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Mighty Member

Still upset that Santa Claus was eliminated from the Omega-level mutant list. He was robbed, robbed I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Again Hope is NOT an omega bc of power mimicking; she is for power manipulation! Hickman clearly showed why she is on the list in the last issue of HoX. She can amplify mutant's powers to their peak performance and merge them for optimal effect. She also has a psychic influence on those whom power's she is synching to and manipulating. Rogue does not do this and in context with the story, she would not be able to resurrect the dead mutants the way Hope leads the Five. In addition she can jump start mutations and stabilize them. Rogue is like a vampire whereas Hope is able to exert and manipulate the power within her target

I know some Rogue fans have been adamant that she should be considered an omega over Hope but keep ignoring why Hope is on there. Her powers are unique and she serves a very specific and vital role on Krakoa
    Bollocks!

These Omega designations are swiss cheese incarnate! full of plot and exposition holes.

"Hope is a great unifier" pfft, is it? is She? has She?

The dialog was written and then characters were shoe horned into place, and others buried, it's shitty, low energy, shallow knowledge writing.

And don't gimme that nonsense of "So this debate is settled by the writers themselves", Hickmans writing over in the Avengers office has already been forgotten, so there is no settlement, no definiteness.

Hope doesn't sell comics, neither do Xavier, the Chimeras, Moira, Phallanx, Gold Balls, the Omegas......

Marvel have propped up sales of HOXPOX, by dropping all the other titles.

USE, ACKNOWLEDGE and HONOR the X-Men. They are the characters we give a **** about and want as Omegas and Excelsiors!

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Still upset that Santa Claus was eliminated from the Omega-level mutant list. He was robbed, robbed I tell you.
    QFT
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 09-29-2019 at 09:54 AM.

It’s canon that Hope is an omega. Hickman didn’t make that up but he is reinforcing it. Several writers before him have stated that. I don’t recall Rogue ever being confirmed one unless you have a scan to post. What Hickman did here makes sense and is consistent with Hope’s history. No need to downplay or dismiss her in order to prop Rogue up
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-29-2019 at 10:31 AM.

BANNED

I feel like people are overlooking the fact that Rogue and Hope's powers fundamentally have opposite effects on the people they're copying. Hope's specific application of power allows to not only continue to use their power while she shares in the process, but she also amplifies them. Rogue will eventually drain her target even if they're still able to use their power along with her during initial contact. I think some of her fans are being a bit disingenuous about this topic.

and starting. Your reasoning is so bad. and I can knock him down with dozens of comics.

starting the powers of Rogue and hope even if they seem the same. No they don't work the same.

WITH HOPE

1) you rely on the powers of Rogue when they were blocked. out of control. Recently, his powers are starting to grow. and as we know it takes years to reach its true potential ... and those of Rogue still blocked were already huge and more impressive than those of Hope. that she started for years with her manifested powers. since she was born and many of her achievements come from resonance with a certain cosmic bird so it is not worthy of her. rogue> hope

2) Hope if it imitates a dozen peesonajes collapses and passes out. It has happened many times. Rogue no. Rogue can literally use hundreds of powers already proven and could potentially be thousands or millions there is also proof. Already there hope has been limited. pray no. rogue> hope

3) Your first meeting was a bit weird. but hope I didn't copy anything to rogue. there was a short circuit and rogue was reset .. but that short circuit happens a lot when rogue uses his power at the same time with characters with powers similar to hers. and most of the time rogue has been better. if rogue could absorb the powers of mimic or omega that both are better than hope. There is no reason why I cannot absorb it. also in that first encounter, hope had a certain cosmic bird empowering her.

4) with the point above .. Rogue was never enslaved by hope. in fact I was there to take care of her. Rogue can also track hope. He has a strange connection with her ... so if it is possible that Rogue could absorb it and save some of it at that first moment. rogue> hope

5) As I said hope it can only take a dozen powers or a little more. and faints .. Rogue doesn't suffer from it .. and it can literally take tens or hundreds
    something that hope cannot achieve. rogue> hope

Rogue does many more things than hope can do. and his powers work differently. But as I said for facts. rogue has many more feats of power. Sorry is the truth.

WITH SELENE.

you make the terrible mistake of comparing a rookie rogue and with its powers locked and out of control. with an old selene that has been with its already developed powers for centuries. and yet they have never been superior to those of rogue. Regardless of what happened there are comics that demonstrate the scope of each. even when one was already fully developed and Rogue with its powers locked.

1) Do not confuse being resistant or immune to the touch of rogue. with being more powerful because selene is not more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I feel like people are overlooking the fact that Rogue and Hope's powers fundamentally have opposite effects on the people they're copying. Hope's specific application of power allows to not only continue to use their power while she shares in the process, but she also amplifies them. Rogue will eventually drain her target even if they're still able to use their power along with her during initial contact. I think some of her fans are being a bit disingenuous about this topic.
    Rogue does much more than just copy. To amplify powers is something that I have also done. .and without pforce help. The point is your powers don't work the same, please do many more things. and in what they do share. Rogue has proved better and more powerful. It is not limited only to mutants ... and does not wear out with a few different powersets. I hope it wears out. rogue can take hundreds or thousands. I don't say that. That is embodied in the comics. Sorry this is the true

I couldn't follow this post. Or your train of thought

Rogue was not able to absorb all his powers, Hope did.
    With a team of X-Men backing her Rogue got beat in Bloodties and in Legacy until Hope arrived and copied Exodus powers at its highest and in full. Which gave the team an opening.

Those are just facts

Also Marvel from their Handbook to the recent run consider Hopes powers the best power copying powerset. So this debate is settled by the writers themselves

And I don't see that changing given Hopes status.

Additonally, Synch and Mimic were listed as substitutes during the Ressurection process. Strangely enough Rogue was left off that list
    I insist rogue if you can. only that the Frenchman is a little resistant to his touch and could free himself before she dried it completely.

but his defeat is due more to rogue. and the only one he was afraid of was rogue.

Hope I look ridiculous.

and in canon if rogue absorbed really much much more power than the exodus continent. literally hundreds and hundreds of powers. sorry this is canon.

Do not confuse being resist to be more energy than hundreds of characters hahahaha. because is not like that .

and rogue explained very well that in xtreme xmen vs vargas. Being tough doesn't make you immune now I'm like you.

Hope could never absorb hundreds of characters as rogue did. because she literally collapses with only a dozen or a little more

What ?!?!?!

I just don't think you need to stress over whether Rogue is Omega or not. It isn't really going to effect storytelling with her much.

When they pushed Iceman and Elixir to Omega, things like that, it came with a huge expansion in the scope of what they could do. But like you've been saying, Rogue has already been shown to be able to do some pretty crazy ****. So, what does it matter if that's called Omega or not? Either way, she can still do it.