Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe he'll end up writing both at the same time .
    Williamson in Justice League would be an upgrade. Anyone would be an upgrade.
    Minus Liefeld.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Williamson in Justice League would be an upgrade. Anyone would be an upgrade.
    Minus Liefeld.
    Would Scott Lobdell be an "upgrade"?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Compared to Bendis? I'd have to say yes.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This is easily one of the worst Justice League runs in many years.
    I actually can't remember a worse one. At this point, I'd even prefer to be reading Cry for Justice.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I actually can't remember a worse one. At this point, I'd even prefer to be reading Cry for Justice.
    You need help, good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Hey man, let’s not start saying things we can’t take back later

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Compared to Bendis? I'd have to say yes.

Peace
    Nomads1 took the words out from my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Hey man, let’s not start saying things we can’t take back later
    Yes, in Cry for Justice horrible things happened. In Bendis' League.... uh... what has happened in Bendis' Justice League? I mean... something has happened, right? I'm sure something has happened. Something must had happened.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Possibly but at least Bendis doesn't harass women.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Possibly but at least Bendis doesn't harass women.
    True Dat. For all of Bendis' writing issues, he seems like a class act as a person.

True Dat. For all of Bendis' writing issues, he seems like a class act as a person.
    Undoubtly. But we are not disscusing if he is good or bad person, we are talking about his writing quality. And that, in Justice League has been dissapointing. And it will continue..

Some of the things Bendis has written makes me wonder if he's one of those "self-proclaimed feminists" that wind up being....less than so, eg. Joss Whedon. His treatment of female characters is very dubious at times. When people of this nature are exposed, the "it was RIGHT THERE all along" clues are henceforth brought attention to as well.

I'm not saying he's "guilty" of anything, but the overall feeling some of his writing gives me just reminds me of certain other situations.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 11-26-2021 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Some of the things Bendis has written makes me wonder if he's one of those "self-proclaimed feminists" that wind up being....less than so, eg. Joss Whedon. His treatment of female characters is very dubious at times. When people of this nature are exposed, the "it was RIGHT THERE all along" clues are henceforth brought attention to as well.

I'm not saying he's "guilty" of anything, but the overall feeling some of his writing gives me just reminds me of certain other situations.
    With Bendis, to some extent, it's really on a character to character basis. At least in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post

Stop that. I will not defend Bendis' writing, I really hate what the guy has done to characters I like or how I irritates me his dialogues. But to insinuate somethig like that, about his person, without any basis or proof is something I reject. Reputations can be destroyed for things like that and I don't like to play with that.
    Bendis writing has been horrible, but that doesn't mean he is a horrible person. And a horrible person can be a superb writer. Liked or not, moral quality it is not tied to writing quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Stop that. I will not defend Bendis' writing, I really hate what the guy has done to characters I like or how I irritates me his dialogues. But to insinuate somethig like that, about his person, without any basis or proof is something I reject. Reputations can be destroyed for things like that and I don't like to play with that.
    Bendis writing has been horrible, but that doesn't mean he is a horrible person. And a horrible person can be a superb writer. Liked or not, moral quality it is not tied to writing quality.
    I agree 100% with this. I'm paying comics to read the work a good writer, not a good person. A guy can be a great guy and write like crap, yet so many assholes seem to have that special creative spark. That's why I really don't bother to know much about the personal lives, nor care much for the personal views, of the creative people I like. It's not like I want to be their friends or anything.

Peace