Page 1 of 436 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Tim Drake: Robin, Red Robin Appreciation 2018

Don't worry. I gots it.

So, now that we're back, anybody else wondering whether Eternal's Tim stories and the Titans relaunch might mean that Tim's back in Batbooks custody? It seemed pretty clear he was firmly under Teen Titans control for the last two years, which is ironic considering his history of making Young Justice follow the Bat-books' directives.

I'm hoping so. I just want someone who writes Gotham stories first and foremost to control Tim's fate.

BANNED

I'd like to see him take a bigger role in the Bat books again myself, even if it's mostly helping to mentor Harper Row. With Babs as Batgirl instead of Oracle, maybe Tim can be the tech guy, though I love seeing him in action.

Extraordinary Member

His appearance in Batmna Eternal 2 did feature his Bo staff again, which made me smile. I don't mind the wings, I just think trying to make them a distinct weapon of his is stupid when the staff is simple and elegant.

Also, I got pictures!
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'd like to see him have a bigger roll in the Batbooks as well. I've really been missing that aspect most of all.

Extraordinary Member

The Eternal previews mention him and Harper Rowe hanging out. He's probably one of the sidekicks training her to fight. It'll be interesting to see him play the mentor role if that happens.

Also, more pics:
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I'm just glad are boy Tim is finally in some good hands. Thank God for whoever cancelled Teen Titans and put Tim in this book. It's so great to finally be excited to be reading something good with Tim in it in the New 52.

I would love to see more about Tim Drake´s time as not-Robin

BANNED

Okay, the Pre-52 Intro to Tim Drake Reading List:

1. His first appearance was a cameo in Batman #436, part of the Year Three storyline.

2. A Lonely Place of Dying (Batman #440-442, New Titans #60-61. Reprinted with Death in the Family in a DC Comics Library hardcover)

3. New Titans #65 - Grayson trains Tim in the art of detective work. (not collected anywhere to my knowledge)

4. Rites of Passage - Detective Comics 618-621 (collected in Robin: Tragedy & Triumph)

5. Identity Crisis - Batman 455-457 (collected in Robin: A Hero Reborn)

6. Robin #1-5, first miniseries (collected in Robin: A Hero Reborn)

7. Batman 465-470

8. Detective Comics 635-637

9. Robin II: The Joker's Wild #1-4, second miniseries (collected in Robin: Tragedy & Triumph)

10. Batman 480

11. Detective 644-649 (Spoiler debuts in 647. Get 650, too; it's pretty fun.)

12. Robin III: Cry of the Huntress #1-6, third miniseries

13. Superman #70, Superman: The Man of Steel #14 - Tim & Superman vs Vampires.

14. Knightfall

15. Robin ongoing series #0, 1-128, and its annual specials (the title obviously continues, I stopped reading because of the miserable War Games arcs. Issues 1-6 collected in Flying Solo.)

16. Showcase '93 #5, 11-12 (#5 crosses over with the ongoing Robin series, IIRC.)

17. Showcase '94 #5-6

18. Superboy & Robin: World's Finest III

19. Robin Plus #1: Impulse

20. Robin Plus #2: Fang

21. Robin & Argent Double Shot

22. Robin 80 Page Giant(s)

23. [Girl-Frenzy] Young Justice: The Secret

24. JLA: World Without Grownups (There is a recent reprint of this 2-issue miniseries in DC Comics Presents: Young Justice #1.)

25. Young Justice (the original series by Peter David & Todd Nauck, not the one based on the cartoon.)

26. Sins of Youth: a Young Justice event with a bunch of special issues.

27. Other YJ specials: 80-Page Giant, Our World at War, No Man's Land, Secret Files. Some of these are reprinted in DC Comics Presents: Young Justice #2 & 3.

28. Titans/Young Justice: Graduation Day. I don't recommend this at all, because of its misery, shock value, and pointless tragedy rolled into one. But it leads into the next Teen Titans series.

29. Teen Titans #1-8. This is the best the series gets, but that's damning with faint praise.

30. Red Robin (of course)

31. Not related to Tim Drake in any way, but really great on its own: Robin 3000, a 2-issue miniseries by the late Byron Preiss and P. Craig Russell.
    Last edited by Jeff Brady; 08-06-2014 at 07:16 AM.

He NEEDS his own book, surely?!

Hopefully after Eternal, a solo book will happen, there can never be enough Tim Drake.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Drake View Post
    Hopefully after Eternal, a solo book will happen, there can never be enough Tim Drake.
    Hi, Mr. Didio!

duhu1148

So is Tim written better in Eternal?

next issue is supposedly centered on him meeting up with the Row siblings
    “I am vulnerable. Starved for kindness, and when I receive it, I lose my mind.”
    — Marjorie Liu, Tiger Eye

“When you need to stop an asteroid, you get Superman. When you need to solve a mystery, you call Batman. But when you need to end a war, you get Wonder Woman.”
    — Gail Simone

MY CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/user/Cheshire1501

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Drake View Post
    Perhaps, perhaps not....

I don't think that'll come to pass since they JUST solicited a continuing book with him on the cover, but who knows nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by duhu1148 View Post
    So is Tim written better in Eternal?
    In four issues he's been in, like a half-page of him getting the news and sparring with robots he built. Nothing to really base anything on, yet.