Page 1126 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 126626102610761116112211231124112511261127 LastLast
Results 16,876 to 16,890 of 16893

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    I should have my story done by maybe December.

Of 2019.
    Looking forward to reading it. After all, if it's going to take that long, it must be epic.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It's the top of the month, so you know what that means.

https://www.strawpoll.me/16194663
    Just a reminder so everyone sees it. I'll leave the poll up until tomorrow night.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ugh, I live. Mandatory overtime is a bitch.

I'll have Charco's next post with Poepayne out tomorrow.

Tonight, however, I need to introduce a new friend.

NAME
    Quila

RACE/SPECIES
    Race of Hera (Hera-seijin)/Machine Mutant

AFFILIATION
    The Last Call

APPEARANCE
    Quila
    (Default Appearance)

[TE]Quila
    (Identical to Quila, save for skin and hair reverting back to their respective Hera-seijin colors)

[VOD]Quila

POWER LEVEL

FIGHTING STYLE
    The Way of Three Sheets ("San-maidō")
    (A fighting style that combines the remains of an unknown Hera-seijin school of martial arts, Quila's years of combat experience, and the manipulation of forms common among machine mutant fighters. As the name suggests, there are three major facets of this style: the White, Black, and Red Sheets)

TECHNIQUES/ABILITIES
    Basic Abilities
    Lightweight
    (Flight achieved through the manipulation of energy)
    Beer Goggles
    (Highly tuned senses that can detect various forms of energy such as ki/chi and magic)

The Way of the White Sheet ("Shiroi-maidō")
    (Quila's primary routine in battle, focusing on assisting and providing advantages to his companions while disadvantaging the enemy)

Prairie Oysters
    (Orbs of healing energy preemptively created in battle that can be later dispatched to nearby injured)
    Hair of the Dog
    (A barrier that can be placed on an ally that absorbs the kinetic/ki energy of an enemy's attacks. This absorbed energy is added to their next attack)
    Melon Ball
    (An energy projectile resembling a bola that ensnares an enemy once struck. If charged with additional power, this projectile becomes a Lemon Drop, which drops onto multiple enemies in the form of an energy constructed net)
    Liquid Courage
    (A tendril of energy that emerges from the body and attaches to an ally, replenishing their energy reserves or supercharging them)
    Chang'aa
    (A deceptive blast of energy that bestows minor healing but causes all energy projectiles to hone in on the receiver)
    Pruno
    (An energy construct resembling a boomerang, this projectile steals from an enemy's energy reserves once struck, prolonging its manifestation and causes it to rebound back at the enemy. Can potentially keep going indefinitely until it is destroyed/evaded or the targeted foe lacks any possible energy to absorb)

The Way of the Black Sheet (Kuro-maidō)
    (Relying on stealth and misdirection, this is Quila's answer to direct combat when not assisting others)

Rectified Spirit
    (Camouflaged through artificial and natural means, Quila is rendered undetectable)
    Snakebite
    (A serpentine projectile that twists and turns in flight, making it unpredictable to evade to effectively parry. Like the Melon Ball, it can be used to target multiple targets if given additional energy, causing it to become a Wolf Bite, which splits into multiple projectiles)
    Aftershock
    (Initially placed onto another attack, this invisible bomb attaches itself to the enemy once the host attack hits, allowing Quila to ignite it at the moment of his choosing)
    White Lightning
    (Appearing as a great storm of energy surging towards an enemy, this manifestation is, in fact, the afterimage of the true projectile which strikes long before the visible projection even reaches the target)
    Gimlet
    (A simple energy blast that does minimal physical damage, if any, to the enemy. In truth, this projectile's true target is the enemy's power level, "damaging" it to the point of temporarily lowering it)

The Way of the Red Sheet (Aka-maidō)
    (Focusing on purely physical combat, Quila utilizes his machine mutant nature, the Variable Organic-metal Defense [VOD] to its full potential)

192 Proof
    (Fully materializing the [VOD] system, Quila transforms into [VOD]Quila, granting him enhanced physical capabilities at the cost of locking away any energy-based techniques and abilities)

ITEMS
    Angel's Share
    (A high-quality dagger made of unknown materials and is one of the few relics of the Race of Hera to have survived. Can cut ki energy as well as channel it)

SPECIAL
    Augmented Properties
    (As a machine mutant, Quila possesses the same qualities as other android-based beings, namely the production of limitless ki and an undetectable enemy signature)

Full Powered Transformation
    (While a machine mutant, Quila still has enough of his original Hera-seijin organic matter to potentially tap into this state)

BACKGROUND
    To be revealed...

THEMES
    Leitmotif
    Kavinsky's Deadcruiser
    Combat
    Gojira's The Art of Dying

Retired Overlord

Absolute worst time to have so many family visit, killing time I thought I'd have for the time skip on my vacation. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Absolute worst time to have so many family visit, killing time I thought I'd have for the time skip on my vacation. ;_;
    Create some space saving posts, holding places that you can fill in later when things quiet down.

And, I'm done pretty much. Meagan, Cyanna and Dash are heading back to Earth. When Cleric is ready, I'll have them arrive in time for whatever he has planned.

One more post for to bring Sarada back to Earth, then one for Parsley, then I'm done.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The downside to writing on the fly is only catching your mistakes later, after posting. But it did save me a lot of time doing it that way. I tried writing it out in Word first, but even doing it that way I was still making last minute edits.

Hey Sub, just to make sure I'm understanding it right ..

After the Coronation (Day 1), there's a few weeks until the Hilda/Sarada conversation (Week 2/3), and then from there there's a few more weeks before Sarada/Ishtar return home ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Hey Sub, just to make sure I'm understanding it right ..

After the Coronation (Day 1), there's a few weeks until the Hilda/Sarada conversation (Week 2/3), and then from there there's a few more weeks before Sarada/Ishtar return home ?
    Yes that's right. And at some point before she spoke with Hilda, Sarada also had a birthday.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Yes that's right. And at some point before she spoke with Hilda, Sarada also had a birthday.
    Ah, well I'll need to write that in here in my "catch up post". Will be up this evening.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Gah, every time I try to write something my unstable life situation keeps pulling my concentration away. I *will* write something out tonight or tomorrow.

I doubt anyone has even read what I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I doubt anyone has even read what I wrote.
    I did. I think you sell your writing a bit short
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!