Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    yeah. it's in the teens where we see some of our darlings... which most probably means we won't never seem them printed
    this is really sad especially for shade and smt, since they are some of the most high quality series never to have been properly collected.
    Shade and Mystery Theatre are on my to-get list for a long time now but I'm still hoping for some good tpb's before I buy the oop trades and singles.

There's a good chance Shade and/or SMT will get those new $20 tpb's like Spectre, Preacher and New Teen Titans for example. They both fit the pattern
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Shade and Mystery Theatre are on my to-get list for a long time now but I'm still hoping for some good tpb's before I buy the oop trades and singles.

There's a good chance Shade and/or SMT will get those new $20 tpb's like Spectre, Preacher and New Teen Titans for example. They both fit the pattern
    that would be pretty amazing. i'm just interested in (re-)reading those series in a pleasant format and i think i would even prefer some more thickish new edition tpbs (like those preacher and lucifer ones) over omnibi.

I was most surprised with no
    Hellblazer By Ennis
    !

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Would definitely buy a Secret Six by Simone, victorxd1999. Almost voted for it.

Also, would buy nēs 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 (never read Hitman), plus Wonder Woman by Azzarello, Wonder Woman by Rucka, Aquaman by Johns, Swamp Thing New 52, Suicide Squad by John Ostrander Vol 1, Flash by Waid...

And, of course, my votes who did not entered the top 15 and were not mentioned by anyone else: Batman by Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle, Birds of Prey by Gail Simone vol. 1 and Jonah Hex by Palmiotti and Gray vol. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    I was most surprised with no
    Hellblazer By Ennis
    !
    There was 1 vote for it and someone just put Hellblazer on his list. I don't think I would get one if it was published because of the tpb's.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

that would be pretty amazing. i'm just interested in (re-)reading those series in a pleasant format and i think i would even prefer some more thickish new edition tpbs (like those preacher and lucifer ones) over omnibi.
    I think those $20 trades are very popular and I think the sale numbers are good so I think they will continue the line and pump out more and more books. The books they've done so far are either very critically acclaimed Vertigo titles (Preacher, 100 Bullets, Hellblazer etc.) or longer, never before/badly collected runs from the 80s and 90s. Since Lucifer is getting the trades I think the Vertigo releases will continue and sooner or later get to the less popular titles which would mean Shade and SMT could get those treatments. Apart from that, they also fit the pattern of being darker, long lasting titles from the 80s and 90s. I think the chances are with us here. And the fact that Enigma just got a reprint is a good sign too for Shade

Forgot to vote.
    Would have voted for Shade, Sandman Mystery Theatre and Wildcats.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Forgot to vote.
    Would have voted for Shade, Sandman Mystery Theatre and Wildcats.
    Shame you didn't, Wildcats, SMT and Shade might have made the top 10 with your votes. Well, if you meant Wildcats by Joe Casey at least

Shame you didn't, Wildcats, SMT and Shade might have made the top 10 with your votes. Well, if you meant Wildcats by Joe Casey at least
    I know. ;____;
    BB

yeah. it's in the teens where we see some of our darlings... which most probably means we won't never seem them printed
    this is really sad especially for shade and smt, since they are some of the most high quality series never to have been properly collected.

Hmmm, not necessarily. I don't think something like Hitman will ever see an omnibus edition as the tpbs didn't sell well from what I understand. But something like Azz's WW might.

It's really a crap shoot. I mean how many people thought DC would collect the Vertigo House of Secrets?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Hmmm, not necessarily. I don't think something like Hitman will ever see an omnibus edition as the tpbs didn't sell well from what I understand. But something like Azz's WW might.

It's really a crap shoot. I mean how many people thought DC would collect the Vertigo House of Secrets?
    Yep, and now we get Orion by Simonson. Who would have that would get omni'd?

Yep, and now we get Orion by Simonson. Who would have that would get omni'd?
    Agreed. I think DC is more inclined to take risks with the older stuff and more recent rather than the middle - say 10-15 years ago - that didn't sell well, whereas Marvel truly is all over the place with golden age, SA, 1980s, 90s and more recent.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

No Batman Omnibus? I had a Batman Snyder Omnibus high on my list.

I definitely want to see that Superman Byrne Omnibus happen (also high on my list). I think it will what with the upcoming movie, Byrne's popularity and the popularity of the Death .....Superman Omnibus.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    No Batman Omnibus? I had a Batman Snyder Omnibus high on my list.

I definitely want to see that Superman Byrne Omnibus happen (also high on my list). I think it will what with the upcoming movie, Byrne's popularity and the popularity of the Death .....Superman Omnibus.
    won't happen for a looong time. they will first sell deluxe versions of that, then probably absolutes and then...

No Tom Strong Omnibus? Or Promethea, or Wildcats? You guys are so predictable.