Page 33 of 141 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

WandaVision 1x06 spoilers:

https://twitter.com/LucianoVecchio/s...86842799529985

This is so cute!!! I love how much he made them look like their actors, down to the teeth gap for Billy, haha. And seeing him mentioning SuperSons really made me wish we could get a ''Renew Your Vows'' AU type of book for Wanda, Viz, Billy and Tommy, showing us how their lives would've been like if they had stayed married and the twins never died. Bonus point if the book can also show us how Teddy's life would've been like if Mar-Vell and Anelle never died and actually raised him. That's an AU I definitely would pay to read about.

And in slightly related news, NIA DACOSTA IS A YOUNG AVENGERS FAN?????

https://twitter.com/NiaDaCosta/statu...13978230169600

DON'T BE SHY, QUEEN!!! ADD HULKLING TO CAPTAIN MARVEL 2!!!

I'd be shocked if Hulkling doesn't feature in Captain Marvel 2 in someway in fact with how much Carol being alluded to and compared to Wanda lately, suggesting they might be building up to a future scenario where the two Infinity powered women clash, I'm starting to think my old theory of the MCU just having Carol be Teddy's mother might be true, in which case him and Billy's union might have a bit of Romeo and Juilet air to it.

Perhaps the reason Monica seems to be upset with Carol is due to her leaving Teddy in Maria's care when he was a baby for his own safety but never coming back for him even after her death. I'm just seeing a scenario where after Westview incident ends and Wanda disapears into the multiverse Monica has to hide the twins from SWORD so she brings them to her old family home where they meet her adopted brother Teddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    WandaVision 1x06 spoilers:

https://twitter.com/LucianoVecchio/s...86842799529985

This is so cute!!! I love how much he made them look like their actors, down to the teeth gap for Billy, haha. And seeing him mentioning SuperSons really made me wish we could get a ''Renew Your Vows'' AU type of book for Wanda, Viz, Billy and Tommy, showing us how their lives would've been like if they had stayed married and the twins never died.
    Isn't that what WandaVision is?

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    I'd be shocked if Hulkling doesn't feature in Captain Marvel 2 in someway in fact with how much Carol being alluded to and compared to Wanda lately, suggesting they might be building up to a future scenario where the two Infinity powered women clash, I'm starting to think my old theory of the MCU just having Carol be Teddy's mother might be true, in which case him and Billy's union might have a bit of Romeo and Juilet air to it.

Perhaps the reason Monica seems to be upset with Carol is due to her leaving Teddy in Maria's care when he was a baby for his own safety but never coming back for him even after her death. I'm just seeing a scenario where after Westview incident ends and Wanda disapears into the multiverse Monica has to hide the twins from SWORD so she brings them to her old family home where they meet her adopted brother Teddy.
    I agree that Marvel seems to be building a bridge between the mystic and cosmic side of things with Wanda/Monica, but I'm not so sure if their endgame here is to create a clash between Carol and Wanda. I much prefer if all three of them are just... friends. I'm sure Wanda will unleash some drama, but I think that will mostly be dealt with in the Doctor Strange movie.

As for Carol being Teddy's mom in the MCU.... I prefer if they don't do that. I don't deny that it COULD be an interesting story, but it just changes so much about the characters in such an unnecessary way that I don't want them to be burdened by that in the MCU. Also, portraying Carol as a deadbeat mother would just ruin the character's image, and I'm sure that's the last thing Marvel wants right now. I'm sure they'll have to change Teddy's origins to some degree due to how Captain Marvel crapped all over Mar-Vell, but I think there are ways around it that don't require too many radical changes.

But I do like the idea that this connection between Wanda/Monica is what will lead to Billy and Teddy meeting each other. I wouldn't be surprised if we actually see this in WandaVision itself, since we're yet to see the male teenage Skrull they were casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Isn't that what WandaVision is?
    I mean, yeah... but we all know it's probably going to end up in flames just like in the comics. I would like to know that in at least ONE universe they got a permanent happy ending...
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-14-2021 at 02:08 PM.

I've come to accept adaptations change and simplify things and I can see from a writers perspective the need to steamline stuff for non-comicbook readers and use what's already been established. Carol is the MCU Captain Marvel and she's been working closely with the Skrulls for several decades, general viewers would have no trouble accepting the idea of her having had a son with one of them in that time and understand the logic of her hiding him on Earth to protect him from the Kree. It immediately tells the audience Teddy's someone of importance who both sides would want without having to set-up his paretenge or explain the Skrull monarchy which might not even be a thing within the MCU given there was no mention of it at all during Captain Marvel. And again the MCU gay couple being the sons of it's two most powerful women would definately be pushed as a selling point for their new progressive image.

As for character side of things it could be intresting, I like that it give's Teddy more of a direct tie to his mentor and between him Carol, Monica and Kamala you have a literal Marvel family forming plus the possiblity of him having some of Carol's powers and being on a more equal footing with Billy power-level wise is appealing. As for Carol being a deadbeat mom I don't think that's bad thing to explore, many feminsts actually took issue with the fact that Carol lacks any real flaws and as a result found her rather flat, I'd say do something daring and tackle the taboo subject of how some women just aren't natural mothers, show that while her leaving Teddy with Maria was ultimately for his safety and so that she could continue her fight Carol was also an adventurous woman who didn't want to be saddled with a child and due to her own strained relationship with her family had major hang-ups about becoming a parent herself.

Also it's a great way to bring back Lashana Lynch if they ever do the Young Avengers Mother storyline.

Also speaking of changing/combing characters given the Kang casting I wouldn't be surprised if they merged Nate and Eli into one character, with Riri coming it's unlikely their going to touch Ironlad in anyway and both Nate and Eli are lacking in storylines. I don't think the fact that MCU Kang is a black man will go unaddressed, I could definately see them reworking him from time travelling conquer into a well-intentioned extremist type who's travels throughout history trying to rectify the many atrocities towards black people throughout history. Now obviously the optics of vilifying such a character is a potential PR nightmare but I think having a Eli as a contrast who's driven by similar passions but hasn't become corrupted and all-consumed like his older self would help alleviate things.

I've come to accept adaptations change and simplify things and I can see from a writers perspective the need to steamline stuff for non-comicbook readers and use what's already been established. Carol is the MCU Captain Marvel and she's been working closely with the Skrulls for several decades, general viewers would have no trouble accepting the idea of her having had a son with one of them in that time and understand the logic of her hiding him on Earth to protect him from the Kree. It immediately tells the audience Teddy's someone of importance who both sides would want without having to set-up his paretenge or explain the Skrull monarchy which might not even be a thing within the MCU given there was no mention of it at all during Captain Marvel. And again the MCU gay couple being the sons of it's two most powerful women would definately be pushed as a selling point for their new progressive image.

As for character side of things it could be intresting, I like that it give's Teddy more of a direct tie to his mentor and between him Carol, Monica and Kamala you have a literal Marvel family forming plus the possiblity of him having some of Carol's powers and being on a more equal footing with Billy power-level wise is appealing. As for Carol being a deadbeat mom I don't think that's bad thing to explore, many feminsts actually took issue with the fact that Carol lacks any real flaws and as a result found her rather flat, I'd say do something daring and tackle the taboo subject of how some women just aren't natural mothers, show that while her leaving Teddy with Maria was ultimately for his safety and so that she could continue her fight Carol was also an adventurous woman who didn't want to be saddled with a child and due to her own strained relationship with her family had major hang-ups about becoming a parent herself.

Also it's a great way to bring back Lashana Lynch if they ever do the Young Avengers Mother storyline.
    You are assuming that this would be simplifying Teddy's story based on what we know of the Kree/Skrull narrative from a story that took years over 30 years before the current MCU time. Obviously, things might've changed, and we're probably gonna see the first signs of that on Secret Invasion, a show that does NOT have Carol Danvers as one of its headliners, so clearly, there is more to the Kree/Skrull lore than just Carol. Depending on what they do in that show, it's entirely possible all elements from Teddy's backstory will be put in place so he can have a more faithful origin to the comics. We'll have to wait and see.

Also speaking of changing/combing characters given the Kang casting I wouldn't be surprised if they merged Nate and Eli into one character, with Riri coming it's unlikely their going to touch Ironlad in anyway and both Nate and Eli are lacking in storylines. I don't think the fact that MCU Kang is a black man will go unaddressed, I could definately see them reworking him from time travelling conquer into a well-intentioned extremist type who's travels throughout history trying to rectify the many atrocities towards black people throughout history. Now obviously the optics of vilifying such a character is a potential PR nightmare but I think having a Eli as a contrast who's driven by similar passions but hasn't become corrupted and all-consumed like his older self would help alleviate things.
    I highly doubt they're doing that. It feels as uncreative and low-key racist and people saying Shuri should've been Ironheart. Completely different black characters are not interchangeable just because they're black. Plus, based on what the showrunner of The Falcon & The Winter Soldier is saying about the show and what it means for black representation, and considering this is the show that will allegedly introduce Eli, I don't see how revealing that he grows up to be a genocidal villain right after that will be productive to the message they're trying to send. And let us not forget, again, that Eli almost made it to Black Panther. Marvel clearly thinks of him as an important black representation. Also, how is that simplifying his origins? Eli's origins are as simple as it gets. His grandfather was the first black Captain America. He got scorned by the government and society because of it. Now Eli is a hero to honor his legacy. Adding Kang to the mix seems more complicated than simple. I don't know what they're gonna do about Iron Lad, but I doubt it will affect Eli.

I remember when everyone was like "If Billy and Tommy get in the MCU they're not gonna be Wanda and Vision's kids". So I have hope for Teddy.

Maybe not the exact origin ofc, but I doubt they're just gonna be doing whatever with him. As long as he's Skrull royalty + a Kree warrior's child, that should be enough. They can pull a bunch of shennanigans to make him Mar-Vell's child, or make him her grandchild as suggested before.

Refreshing to see some out of the box thinking here, and not a bad idea to spice the up the character dynamics! Right now YA seems to be all about Billy, Teddy, and Tommy. It would be interesting to see a black male characters walk in that morally grey area, while having the power to be a real threat. Heck I have never seen Marvel or DC execute that well!
    Last edited by dkrook; 02-17-2021 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Refreshing to see some out of the box thinking here, and not a bad idea to spice the up the character dynamics! Right now YA seems to be all about Billy, Teddy, and Tommy. It would be interesting to see a black male characters walk in that morally grey area, while having the power to be a real threat. Heck I have never seen Marvel or DC execute that well!
    Well, the thread is kinda all about those cause they're more popular and WandaVision is happening. I doubt the MCU is gonna make it all about them.

I remember when everyone was like "If Billy and Tommy get in the MCU they're not gonna be Wanda and Vision's kids". So I have hope for Teddy.

Maybe not the exact origin ofc, but I doubt they're just gonna be doing whatever with him. As long as he's Skrull royalty + a Kree warrior's child, that should be enough. They can pull a bunch of shennanigans to make him Mar-Vell's child, or make him her grandchild as suggested before.
    I'm happy as long as he's a hybrid who has a deep connection to Earth and has the between-three-worlds thing going for him. I've seen suggestions that he be just Kree or (more often) just Skrull, or worse, not raised on Earth, and I feel that takes away a central part of the character.

I could even live with him not being a royal/warrior heir in the MCU (although I'd prefer if he is for the story potential), but the Kree/Skrull part is non-negotiable. I think you can tweak pretty much anything but that.

I could even live with him not being a royal/warrior heir in the MCU (although I'd prefer if he is for the story potential), but the Kree/Skrull part is non-negotiable. I think you can tweak pretty much anything but that.
    I feel like Kree/Skrull + raised on Earth, for me. I think Teddy as a character who doesn't identify as an Earthling would feel really weird.

https://twitter.com/McKelvie/status/1361641266946179073

I SWEAR TO GOD, THIS BETTER NOT BE BAIT! VOLUME 3 OR BUST!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I feel like Kree/Skrull + raised on Earth, for me. I think Teddy as a character who doesn't identify as an Earthling would feel really weird.
    I agree. I'm just assuming that already will be thing, 'cause if he really is the Skrull character they were casting for WandaVision, that means we meet him on Earth. Although I guess they could say he is a recent refugee from space, which WOULD change a lot about his backstory if he is already a teen when he arrives at Earth. So... let's hope for the best.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-17-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Ultimate Member

I agree. I'm just assuming that already will be thing, 'cause if he really is the Skrull character they were casting for WandaVision, that means we meet him on Earth. Although I guess they could say he is a recent refugee from space, which WOULD change a lot about his backstory if he is already a teen when he arrives at Earth. So... let's hope for the best.
    Since MCU Mar-Vell was a woman, and allied with Skrulls covertly, it wouldn't be the hugest stretch to reveal that she'd had a child in secret by a Skrull leader who died during their resistance movement (basically swapping the genders of Teddy's 616 parents, but keeping the beats intact) and had him raised on Earth by a human ally, rather than by her Skull allies on her cloaked space station (so that he could grow up having some semblance of a 'normal life' and not in hiding on a space station full of alien refugees).

https://twitter.com/McKelvie/status/1361641266946179073

I SWEAR TO GOD, THIS BETTER NOT BE BAIT! VOLUME 3 OR BUST!!!!!
    Wouldn't be surprised if McKelvie just means that because WandaVision.

Yeah the casting call made me think recent refugee which freaked me out a bit