• It's Brother/Dr. Voodoo!

4 40.00%
  • WTF?

3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Axis Mystery Character Revealed? Possible Spoilers

(Dear moderators, please do not get mad. I truly think this is a separate issue from the other thread I started yesterday. And I did check for other similar threads. Please free feel to move it to a more appropriate place if you feel that it would be needed.)

Just to be safe, here there be spoilers!!!!!! So many, many spoilers. Read at your own risk!!!!!! I warned you.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

OK, so, I did buy a preview book today. I was curious to see if the revealed image from the Multiversity Comic article was there...it was. Here is the link to the original article: http://multiversitycomics.com/news/u...is-9-spoilers/

And here are a few imagine of the preview taken with a better camera. Again, here comes the spoilers!!!!

DSC_0448.jpg
    Here's another one.
    DSC_0447.jpg

So...so seriously? I laughed. I really thought, no, there's no way. This makes no narrative sense. It is freaking Brother/Dr. Voodoo! WTF? I laughed for almost three minutes straight. The guy at the comic book store thought I was crazy.

So...OK, let me say, someone at Marvel allowed this in the preview book thingy. Of course, not that many people read them, so there's that. But Marvel did let this go. This isn't like freaking Spider-Man where I believe there was a whole conspiracy around it...I hope.

All I can say is this, it's about time he came back! I loved Remender's Doctor Voodoo series, and this combined with what went down in today's Uncanny Avengers I'm even more excited for Axis now.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    All I can say is this, it's about time he came back! I loved Remender's Doctor Voodoo series, and this combined with what went down in today's Uncanny Avengers I'm even more excited for Axis now.
    Don't get me wrong. I'm excited! But how can he connect Brother Voodoo to this? He's really not that popular, and it just seems like Remender really is making up for the 2009 series. I'm not complaining. I feel like there's a lot of thought being put into this. But how do you connect Voodoo to this?

Well I remember back when Uncanny Avengers first came out Remender mentioned he wanted to use Brother Voodoo in the team but couldn't at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I'm excited! But how can he connect Brother Voodoo to this? He's really not that popular, and it just seems like Remender really is making up for the 2009 series. I'm not complaining. I feel like there's a lot of thought being put into this. But how do you connect Voodoo to this?
    I think it may have something to do with whoever is the new Sorceress Supereme during the Inversion story act, choosing another sorcer(ess) supreme might be something Doctor Voodoo would return for.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

If I'm correct when his brother attacked the New Avengers he stated that he couldn't find Brother Voodoo's soul in the afterlife. So he never was dead (it's been a while so I may be wrong)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    If I'm correct when his brother attacked the New Avengers he stated that he couldn't find Brother Voodoo's soul in the afterlife. So he never was dead (it's been a while so I may be wrong)
    The situation in New Avengers was definitely a "no body, no death" scenario. So it's great the decided to finally return him back to the land of the living.

What I don't get is why there isn't enough space for both Voodoo and Strange to operate? Strange can't be everywhere at once and with his running off with the Illuminati, this is the perfect time for Voodoo to get some shine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think it may have something to do with whoever is the new Sorceress Supereme during the Inversion story act, choosing another sorcer(ess) supreme might be something Doctor Voodoo would return for.
    I didn't think about that. I guess the whole thing with Wanda does complicate things...so...still seems random. But a good kind of random. It's really sorta funny. The guy at the store where I brought the book looked at me like I was crazy when I brought it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    The situation in New Avengers was definitely a "no body, no death" scenario. So it's great the decided to finally return him back to the land of the living.

What I don't get is why there isn't enough space for both Voodoo and Strange to operate? Strange can't be everywhere at once and with his running off with the Illuminati, this is the perfect time for Voodoo to get some shine.
    I know when the New Avengers issue happened people said the Sorcerer Supreme is supposed to go through a death process in a sense so maybe he's been gone dealing with trials. Dr Strange is the more popular character, but with him and his situation with the Illuminati I can't see him taking on that responsibility for too long.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    I know when the New Avengers issue happened people said the Sorcerer Supreme is supposed to go through a death process in a sense so maybe he's been gone dealing with trials. Dr Strange is the more popular character, but with him and his situation with the Illuminati I can't see him taking on that responsibility for too long.
    Oh, that death issue...That was my first "WTF?!" death with Marvel. I was young, I was stupid, and I seriously will always remember that comic as something I loath. But yes, Dr.Strange's involvement and his questionable history as of now does seem to mean that Voodoo wouldn't be the worst choice.

This is the only thing that will get me to check out this event.

It would be nice to get Voodoo back. I always liked him.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

I don't understand...why is this a big deal? I'm not trying to be rude I'm just not following. Was it stated somewhere there was going to be a secret character to return to Marvels forefront or something? Also, I'm not really stoked on this event. I love Remenders work, I think he's great, I just think the whole inversion thing, heroes being villains, villains being heroes, is kinda already the status quo...and frankly it's silly to me. There is no line anymore, it's all grey, heroes do sketchy things all the time, most of Marvels 'heores' lost the right to even hold that title.

IF it is Doctor Voodoo (and I am on my phone; but I don't see it, sadly) then WOW! Remender has actually managed it; he has managed to do something that will make me get the event. I tip my hat, good sir. Well played!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    I don't understand...why is this a big deal? I'm not trying to be rude I'm just not following. Was it stated somewhere there was going to be a secret character to return to Marvels forefront or something? Also, I'm not really stoked on this event. I love Remenders work, I think he's great, I just think the whole inversion thing, heroes being villains, villains being heroes, is kinda already the status quo...and frankly it's silly to me. There is no line anymore, it's all grey, heroes do sketchy things all the time, most of Marvels 'heores' lost the right to even hold that title.
    Wait, you mean the event or Brother/Doctor Voodoo? Because honestly the event is probably only as big a deal as your love for the books involved. And as I'm reading Uncanny Avengers, Deadpool, Loki, Magneto and have an interest in what happens to Evan/Genesis, then yes, it is sorta a big deal and I'm excited.

As for Voodoo, I think most people are just excited because they're fans of the character and believe Marvel really, really short-changed him the last time we saw him. And there's that fact that his involvement is random, completely unforeseen, and just WTF because as I said, where's the build up? Voodoo is C-list at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    IF it is Doctor Voodoo (and I am on my phone; but I don't see it, sadly) then WOW! Remender has actually managed it; he has managed to do something that will make me get the event. I tip my hat, good sir. Well played!
    That's the spirit! And I'm surprised at the number of people with this same reaction.