Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lorna did school Ms. 'ro on something she didnt need to be schooled on.

You reefrring to this? I dont see the schooling. All she did was explain to Storm how she knew Magneto was around after Storm doubted her claim. I didnt see it as a big deal. Magnetism is the ONE thing Lorna does and in 4 issues this was the first piece of dialogue that was specific to her as opposed to all the other generic scenes in the first 3 issues of her flying around.

Maybe Storm shouldnt have questioned the Mistress of Magnetism!

Last edited by Havok83; 12-06-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

You reefrring to this? I dont see the schooling. All she did was explain to Storm how she knew Magneto was around after Storm doubted her claim. I didnt see it as a big deal. Magnetism is the ONE thing Lorna does and in 4 issues this was the first piece of dialogue that was specific to her as opposed to all the other generic scenes in the first 3 issues of her flying around.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/enou3ku.jpg[/g]
    why would she need to explain how she knew magneto was around when she has done the same way early in her time as an xmen and well before Mrs. Lorna was even thought of:

Maybe the writers should stop with lowballing her character and give proper due to the Hadari Yao!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Anyone who thinks Storm has a better understanding or feel of magnetism than Polaris doesn't know what they are talking about. Storm's powerset can give her something towards that end, but not anywhere approaching Lorna's level.

why would she need to explain how she knew magneto was around when she has done the same way early in her time as an xmen and well before Mrs. Lorna was even thought of:

Maybe the writers should stop with lowballing her character and give proper due to the Hadari Yao!!!!
    Lorna predates Ororo as a character - she was introduced in the O5 era.

That scene wasn’t to say that Storm couldn’t do the same thing but to inform Storm that she’s not the only one that can. Storm should have trusted Lorna and not try to show her up by questioning her abilities

omg really? I thought there was evidence of her doing this in canon but couldnt think of any. Do you have scans or know that issue number? And do you think writers forget or that there is a concerted effort to make her solely a weather manipulator and not the actual energy manipulator Claremont wrote her to be?
    Yogaflame speaks the truth. The incident with Sienna Blaze happened in X-men Unlimited #1. Her powers are so devastating that at that point she had only ever used her powers 3 times. Rachel could even feel the damage when she faced her in Excalibur #73 and eventually used her Phoenix power to take away Sienna's access to her powers.

But for Lorna and her fans, it's true that this is some of the first meaningful dialogue that she's had. So maybe we can just pretend Kurt said it since she was looking at him while explaining?

Don't make me post panels of what happens when Lorna tires to step up to Ororo. This is no game...!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Lorna predates Ororo as a character - she was introduced in the O5 era.
    correct. I forgot her introduction as those stories were not that interesting to me.

That scene wasn’t to say that Storm couldn’t do the same thing but to inform Storm that she’s not the only one that can. Storm should have trusted Lorna and not try to show her up by questioning her abilities
    why would storm need to question something she would have been able to do on her own? this was an error on the writers part. it was clearly demonstrating that storm could not see this and lorna then had to explain to her why she knew magneto was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Anyone who thinks Storm has a better understanding or feel of magnetism than Polaris doesn't know what they are talking about. Storm's powerset can give her something towards that end, but not anywhere approaching Lorna's level.
    storm has manipulated the earths electromagnetic field on a global scale. she doesnt have to be able to do these things on lornas level to see energy signatures. that is what her energy sight allows her to do and is a basic function of her powerset.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

colorbandsofelements.jpg

Here's the EM disruptions from Sienna Blaze in Unlimited #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Yogaflame speaks the truth. The incident with Sienna Blaze happened in X-men Unlimited #1. Her powers are so devastating that at that point she had only ever used her powers 3 times. Rachel could even feel the damage when she faced her in Excalibur #73 and eventually used her Phoenix power to take away Sienna's access to her powers.

But for Lorna and her fans, it's true that this is some of the first meaningful dialogue that she's had. So maybe we can just pretend Kurt said it since she was looking at him while explaining?
    thanks boo gotta go check this out too!!!

...and yet another thread devolves into overpowered Storm FEATZ and scans. At least there's consistency on these boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

How is storm saying "You sure, Lorna?" questioning her abilities? I'm confused. IT was obviously there to give Lorna some actual dialogue which after three issues with barely any she needed some.

Everything doesn't need to be a vs.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-06-2018 at 01:44 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    How is storm saying "You sure, Lorna?" questioning her abilities? I'm confused. IT was obviously there to give Lorna some actual dialogue which after three issues with barely any she needed some.
    Why would she ask that if she didn’t doubt her?

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    ...and yet another thread devolves into overpowered Storm FEATZ and scans. At least there's consistency on these boards.
    At this point people do it to themselves. People respond to something knowing full well where it's going, do it anyway, then blame the Storm fans. Just ignore it and stick to the issue when you know what to expect. It's not that hard.

That said i would read a book with this particular team.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

Everything doesn't need to be a vs.
    It's better to assume the speech bubble should be pointed at Kurt and not Ororo. Storm should not have asked that question.