Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Angry, yes but tempered with an understanding about why happened. It would have helped if Carol would have taken some responsibility for the events that took place. I also don't think this is going to be the last time we see Rogue in Kelly's CM book. Why bring in Rogue so early? The unknown figure plotting revenge against Carol may have supplied N-Man with the knowledge of Rogue's and Carol's past. What else does a person know and what is their motivation? Is that vile of suspected Carol blood proof of Carol's heritage or could this person be planning to use it on themselves to try to make themselves Carol's equal? I was thinking, how could Carol pass the Air Force physical without giving a blood sample? I have thought of who this person is plotting revenge against Carol is, but it's totally weird and way, way, way, WAY far in left field.
    Enchantress?, Mystique?, Minn Erva?, her mother? Moonstone?...............

Incredible Member

Another 2 80's french covers by Jean Frisano with Rogue:
    878877.jpg

special-strange-n-46-comics-marvel.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Enchantress?, Mystique?, Minn Erva?, her mother? Moonstone?...............
    I'm not going to say, but like I said it's totally weird! But I believe there is a reason that Carol's mystery revenge plotter is shown wearing black gloves and what appears to be black flat bottom boots.

It's gonna be an alternate Rogue witha grudge... I just know it
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

art by magickmarker

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by magickmarker
    Ha ha!

But is this geographically linguistically correct? Shouldn't Rogue be saying Pop!

We say pop in Britain, and Ree Drummond the Pioneer Woman from Oklahoma says pop, so I assumed pop was a southern States thing!
    Pop!

Astonishing Member

When I lived in Georgia, soda was coke, no matter what the actual soda was or the brand. And Georgia is more ‘southern’ than Oklahoma (Oklahoma is a little more Midwest). ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    These made me laugh. Fom the X-Men yearbook I think IGN posted.

Has the D’Ancanto name mistake been repeated enough that it’s accepted now?

I much preferred the Alternate timeline that made Rogue...a RANKIN.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    When I lived in Georgia, soda was coke, no matter what the actual soda was or the brand. And Georgia is more ‘southern’ than Oklahoma (Oklahoma is a little more Midwest). ;p
    I'm with Dazzlers statement on this one! but with pop instead of soda, so I suppose I'm with Havok

Damn I want an outback roster reunion, even if it's just an issue for them to catch up with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Has the D’Ancanto name mistake been repeated enough that it’s accepted now?

I much preferred the Alternate timeline that made Rogue...a RANKIN.

No, no mentions of D'Ancanto again, iirc

Things are not what they seem with Ann-Marie Rankin!, it's another alternative universe where Rogue didn't get such a good showing. I won't spoil it for you, but the Noir universe didn't do right by Rogue. It's a shame as her powers make her very versatile addition for most genres, Noir could of given us a very unique Rogue (well I suppose it did *grumble* in a way)

Well, you have to remember that coke had its start in Georgia way back in the 1880s. Now, when I was a little kid in Detroit in the early 1970s, we had coke and Pepsi, but what was big there was Vernors and Faygo. My Grandma used to make me Vernor's floats (Vernors and vanilla ice cream.) Lot's of beer ads, too. The ones I remember were for Papst Blue Ribbon and Carling Black Lable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post

No, no mentions of D'Ancanto again, iirc

Things are not what they seem with Ann-Marie Rankin!, it's another alternative universe where Rogue didn't get such a good showing. I won't spoil it for you, but the Noir universe didn't do right by Rogue. It's a shame as her powers make her very versatile addition for most genres, Noir could of given us a very unique Rogue (well I suppose it did *grumble* in a way)
    Im already spoiled on the X-Noir storyline. Just referring to the name issue.
    I agree our gal would do well in cross-genre adaptation. Maybe we’ll see more of that in the characters post-Fox appearances. She’d be a classic Noir femme fatale under the right pen.

I saw something from the Ultimate line where Rogue had a different name as well. Can’t re-find it though.
    Guess Anna Marie Raven (and whatever her birth parents family name was) never seemed to fit the character for me. Don’t get me started on the “magical hippie parents” backstory.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-13-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Well, you have to remember that coke had its start in Georgia way back in the 1880s. Now, when I was a little kid in Detroit in the early 1970s, we had coke and Pepsi, but what was big there was Vernors and Faygo. My Grandma used to make me Vernor's floats (Vernors and vanilla ice cream.) Lot's of beer ads, too. The ones I remember were for Papst Blue Ribbon and Carling Black Lable.
    I'm gonna try this tomorrow when I go food shopping, weathers lovely here so that sounds ideal, doubt i'll be able to find Vernors in Aldi but i'll have a look! Carling is still going strong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Im already spoiled on the X-Noir storyline. Just referring to the name issue.
    I agree our gal would do well in cross-genre adaptation. Maybe we’ll see more of that in the characters post-Fox appearances. She’d be a classic Noir femme fatale under the right pen.

I saw something from the Ultimate line where Rogue had a different name as well. Can’t re-find it though.
    Guess Anna Marie Raven (and whatever her birth parents family name was) never seemed to fit the character for me. Don’t get me started on the “magical hippie parents” backstory.
    Absolutely, I'd love a femme fatale take on Rogue for a change, a real confident, seductress, clever, canny, vamp.

Her flirty(ish) nature in Xtas was really progressive. Being flirty is too often attached to villain females to show a predatory manipulator, flirtation can be just playful banter. To have a heroic female flirt is far too rare.

In the Ultimate Universe she is Marion Carlisle.

Anna Marie has really grown on me, I think it really suits her, there is almost a duality in the two names, Anna is sharp, Marie is soft.

Now the "magical hippie parents" I'll cut to the chase, I LOVE IT!!!, I really do! I hated it to begin with, it was something I read through Rogues wiki bio and was cringing about it, but yeah, it's grown on me massively, I need MOARRR.

This is how I interpret it and how I think it adds such depth and pathos to Rogue,

Hippies can be a counter-intuitive lot, for all the positives of love, spirituality and harmony, they don't half bitch about humanities endeavours and lack faith, I can vividly imagine a tiny kid Rogue all wide-eyed and sincere having to listen to her parents neuroticisms and being troubled by them to the point of having to develop a rebellious nature to protect herself from the stresses that her parents are obliviously putting on her.

(yes, I know this is a lot of head canon, but such is life)

Then the mysticism stuff. I think it should and could be Rogues 'Uncle Ben', 'bat in cave moment' and so her 'Kryptonite'. It took her mother away from her, this is big emotive stuff, bigger than the Carol fight. I think Rogue should have a real, genuine, distrust of mysticism. Granted she has been around people like Forge and others enough as to have dealt with most concerns, but there is a story or two to be told. I've kinda head-canoned that it was part of her problem towards Wanda. Rogue showed compassion towards her when she was far enough away, but up close and on the same team, ugh, it stressed Rogue out too much to be able to chill.

So yeah the backstory, was weird for me to begin with, but it's become one of my favorite origins of all the X-Men.

Man, can we please get pre-op, younger Shania Twain as MCU Rogue? Unf.

Accent, looks, the whole package.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Man, can we please get pre-op, younger Shania Twain as MCU Rogue? Unf.

Accent, looks, the whole package.
    Yeah, gorgeous, *leans in, looks closer* Greg Land, you cheeky bugger! that's who you've been drawing all these years

Disclaimer - I like Lands art for the most part, I credit his Phoenix Endsong cover as the image that brought me into comics, He draws men well, his women could do with some hips and diversity, and backgrounds, but on the whole he's good.

Same here in Tennessee. Used to be, anyway. I think it's faded off more recently. Soda seems to have caught on much more than pop. Pop is just too yankee for us.