Page 380 of 432 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 6479

Saturnyne is being written as she has a counter attack/defense for everything.
    First X-Lady

Jean is an omega telepath and she being the one telepath to breach Saturnyne's defenses would definitely validate that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean is an omega telepath and she being the one telepath to breach Saturnyne's defenses would definitely validate that
    would be nice to see...but I feel like she would faint while trying instead these days.

But the way Saturyne spoke, she left the connection open on purpose.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Saturnyne is being written as she has a counter attack/defense for everything.
    Satrurnyne is Mary Sue version of Emma Frost. No doubt about that.

Asrar Jean from X-Men Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    she looks gorgeous. But it is also a good example to understand why this costume is SEXIST.

She looks glorious. Like the skirt or not, Asrar is a GOD when it comes to drawing Miss Grey!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Wow, Jean looks amazing! Asrar always does a phenomenal job when it comes to Jean, and I wish everyone drew this design as sleek as he did.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 11-23-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Wow, Jean looks amazing! Asrar always does a phenomenal job when it comes to Jean, and I wish everyone drew this design as sleek as he did.
    He's still drawing the gloves all loose though... But yeah overall it looks good in his style more than most.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

He's still drawing the gloves all loose though... But yeah overall it looks good in his style more than most.
    Yeah, the glove is still too loose. I thought it looked a bit better here, but I think Jean's shadow is making it look slimmer than it actually is.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    she looks gorgeous. But it is also a good example to understand why this costume is SEXIST.
    I don't think it's sexist! Just because a female superhero is in a skirt doesn't mean it's sexist.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

It’s not so much the skirt but the dishwasher gloves I can’t stand. I just can’t take her seriously when she wears them. The mask has no detail. The costume would look so much better if the yellow parts were metallic gold and if the dress had some lining on it to make it look no so basic. It was cute for its time but I seriously hope she gets a completely new costume down the line and not just a recolor. There will never be a more powerful and iconic look for Jean than the Phoenix costume. That’s just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't think it's sexist! Just because a female superhero is in a skirt doesn't mean it's sexist.
    She is absolutely sexualized in this pic. The skirt is way too tight at her vagina. It’s ridiculous without practical sense. What sense does a skirt make for a soldier being in the field? It’s ridiculous. Yes, that sexualization of a female body is sexist. There is no reclaiming of ones own body and sexuality if the comicbook medium continues to be dominated by male writers like Hickman who putting female characters in little tight skirts.
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-23-2020 at 03:27 PM.

Fantastic Member

lol a woman wearing a skirt and showing her legs is sexist now? There are many examples of gratuitous sexualisation of comic book characters, especially female characters but Marvel Girl Jean is not one of them.